The Avengers Bits you missed/ can't remember/ couldn't hear

No, he says "not a fuse." He's talking about Banner.
I think I agree with Lady Marion, whenever I hear it, it sounds like "not of use"

Saw it for the 5th time today (will see it for a 6th time Friday... originally were just planning on Friday, but today after working on unpacking my sister's stuff, my dad randomly decided that he wanted to go see it today...so we did).

There were only about a dozen of us (if that) in the theater so all of the parts I had a hard time hearing before (i.e. what Banner says right after the adoption line, Loki's 'whine' after being ragdolled) were all perfectly clear this time. It was nice. :)

What did Banner say after Thor's "adoption" line?

What did Banner say after Thor's "adoption" line?
"I think its all about mechanics. Iridium. What do they need the Iridium for?"

(it was the first bit of it I never caught before, due to the laughing from the adoption line)

Banner didn't have on socks during the first Hulk out.

Why should he talk about Banner at that point? He's arguing with Steve about style and makes a joke about Steves costume. It's more logical that he means: (Cap you're disturbing, you are) "not of use."

Makes sense that he would say "not of use" because Steve can't help them find the tesseract.

Can't believe no one knows English. He called Steve "effuse".

:p

Last edited:
Yeah, I think I came up with at least four times that Hawkeye was not looking at what he was shooting at (or, perhaps more accurately, he wasn't looking in the direction that his arrow was currently pointing... when he fires at the engine on the helicarrier, he turns his gaze towards the engine even though his arrow is pointed slightly off to account for the wind). The helicarrier (that I just mentioned), once on the ground (I think) with Widow during the Budapest line, and then at least twice on the roof.

I noted that too and I always felt that that was a way of showing how gifted he is; the way I think it works is that once he spots a moving target from a distance, he doesn't need to look at it anymore, his brain does all the math (which direction it's heading, the speed, wind, etc.) so he shoots at where the target will be , I think this works perfectly, since, the way I see it, if a non-powered human being is gonna be in the Avengers, he shouldn't be just a great archer, but he should be WAY beyond the best one in the world.

Just my two cents.

Polux

I just got back from my 6th viewing. The first 5 times were in the first 2 weeks of release. Now, either I'm going mad, or else the dialogue has changed since I last saw it, there was at least one scene where I noticed it had been changed.
It's the scene with Loki and Thor on the mountain top. Loki turns to Thor and says, "you should be thanking me. With the bifrost destroyed how much dark matter did the all-father..." etc. now I always listen out for this because I've read people say that it's 'dark magic' that Loki mentions. (It's not by the way, it's definately 'matter')
Anyway, so there I am in the cinema all smug because I know the lines coming up, and guess what...? It's been changed from dark matter to dark ENERGY. Is that normal? To edit a film post release? Anybody else notice this?

I just got back from my 6th viewing. The first 5 times were in the first 2 weeks of release. Now, either I'm going mad, or else the dialogue has changed since I last saw it, there was at least one scene where I noticed it had been changed.
It's the scene with Loki and Thor on the mountain top. Loki turns to Thor and says, "you should be thanking me. With the bifrost destroyed how much dark matter did the all-father..." etc. now I always listen out for this because I've read people say that it's 'dark magic' that Loki mentions. (It's not by the way, it's definately 'matter')
Anyway, so there I am in the cinema all smug because I know the lines coming up, and guess what...? It's been changed from dark matter to dark ENERGY. Is that normal? To edit a film post release? Anybody else notice this?

I had always thought it was dark energy, but I wonder if there might be a difference between the U.S. cut of the film (that had the extra end credit scene) and the European cut, in that regard?

Seen it 6 times myself (twice opening weekend, once the next weekend, once the weekend after that and then twice this past week) - as far as I can recall, it's always been dark energy. I don't ever recall hearing it as dark matter. (I'm in the US by the way)

I had always thought it was dark energy, but I wonder if there might be a difference between the U.S. cut of the film (that had the extra end credit scene) and the European cut, in that regard?

See, that's what I thought. I KNOW it was definately 'matter' when I'd seen it before. So working on the basis that we now had the US version, I forced my poor daughter to sit through all the credits - again. She wasn't best pleased. Lol

I thought that Tony said, "Of the people in this room, which one is A - wearing a spangly outfit and B - not a fuse," too. But I thought maybe the fuse reference was about actual fuses, maybe? Because fuses are, you know, spangly?

vw_fuses_8_16_25.jpg

Might not make much sense, but Tony's dialogue is sprinkled with nonsensical babble. :lmao:

Did Thor ever throw his hammer at Hulk?

Did Thor ever throw his hammer at Hulk?
Yes. During their fight on the helicarrier after Thor gives him the uppercut with the hammer and Hulk rips off a piece of the fighter jet wing to throw at Thor. Thor slides to avoid it and as he gets back to his feet he chucks the hammer at Hulk. Hulk tries to catch it, and the hammer pulls his hand down to the ground, resulting in Hulk trying to lift it (and his feet sinking into the floor at the effort)

I thought that Tony said, "Of the people in this room, which one is A - wearing a spangly outfit and B - not a fuse," too. But I thought maybe the fuse reference was about actual fuses, maybe? Because fuses are, you know, spangly?

vw_fuses_8_16_25.jpg

Might not make much sense, but Tony's dialogue is sprinkled with nonsensical babble. :lmao:

Lmao.

We will be 100% sure what he says when we get the DVD with the subtitles.

In the actual movie, when Stark says "genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist," did he look to the left or to the right when he was saying it?

In the trailers, he looks to the left, as if he's recalling something (in actual fact, probably the script or his improvised line). In real life, if he were making it up on the spot, isn't it more likely he would look to the right or not anywhere at all?

The trailer therefore gives a slightly rehearsed feel now in retrospect.

During that same scene, when they're all arguing, what does Cap say to Tony? It's something about not being the guy to make the hail Mary pass, lay on the wire etc.

During that same scene, when they're all arguing, what does Cap say to Tony? It's something about not being the guy to make the hail Mary pass, lay on the wire etc.

The sacrifice play. I think that's what you mean.

I'm pretty sure it's "not of use." He's good friends with Banner and Stark accepts and even embraces the idea of Hulk. And he was directing insults at Cap, like he was spangly and was useless to the mission (not of use). What the heck does "not a fuse" mean?

yeah, I saw it again with like, 4 people in the theater. He definitely says "not of use." my bad.

I just watched CAP:FA and caught the reference between Steve drawing the monkey in Cap, and the monkey reference in Avengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"