Black Canary Sings Solo in July

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Source: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=108679

The Black Canary’s steady and continued rise to prominence in the DCU Universe continues in July as she headlines a new four-issue limited series, written by new DC exclusive writer Tony Bedard and artist Paulo Sequeira. The series serves as a sort of companion to the Green Arrow: Year One limited series also premiering in July.

Let’s let Tony Bedard explain...

“2007 is a banner year for Green Arrow and Black Canary, and while the Emerald Archer's origins are explored in Green Arrow: Year One, a present-day turning point in the life of Dinah Lance drives the new Black Canary mini-series,” the writer told Newsarama..

“Dinah is torn between Ollie's proposal and her new status as a foster-mother. While training with Lady Shiva's sensei in Southeast Asia, Black Canary rescued a young girl named Sin who was being cruelly groomed to take Lady Shiva's place as a master assassin. Dinah resigned from the Birds of Prey to give Sin a shot at a normal childhood. But can she do so if she pursues her volatile relationship with Oliver Queen? And when the League of Assassins hires a deadly Green Arrow villain to retrieve the child, Black Canary faces the most unbearable loss of her life.”

According to Bedard, Black Canary is assuming a greater stature in the DCU than ever before, and this is the story that cuts to the core of who she is and sets the new direction of her life.

“When [editor] Mike Carlin and I first discussed this, it began with a general desire to give Black Canary a spotlight similar to the Year One story planned for Green Arrow,” Bedard explained. “But the more we talked it over, the more it became clear that Dinah had more immediate issues to confront and explore. We could tell a story of her early days, but there was a stronger, more compelling tale to be told in the here and now. The result is a four-issue miniseries beautifully illustrated by a true rising star named Paulo Sequeira. It's my favorite thing I've worked on in a couple of years and I'm immensely proud of the results.”

The first two issues of the four-issue series ship in July. Look for more information on the series in the coming weeks here at Newsarama.

BLKCA_Cv1.jpg

BLKCA_Cv2.jpg

told you all it was about the proposal .. NANANANANA!
and who other then Drakon, Merlyn or mayby Shado could the baddy be?

That's quite a pose Dinah's in on that cover.

told you all it was about the proposal .. NANANANANA!
and who other then Drakon, Merlyn or mayby Shado could the baddy be?
Everyone already knew it was going to be about the proposal. :confused:

Huh. Surprised that Twy hasn't squee'd in this thread and melt onto the floor yet. :o

I'd give you $25 if you can hold that pose for 10 seconds.

You can only prove it by taking a picture of you doing it. Otherwise you're full of s**t, and possibly urine.

Aren't we all? I know I am.

I'll get this. Bedard's a good writer and Paolo Siqueira is a good artist most of the time (that cover notwithstanding). I'm sad that they're going to take Black Canary two steps backward after so much progress in BoP with this stupid proposal nonsense, but hopefully she'll say no and leave Ollie once and for all. Of course, Ollie'd probably start hitting on Sin after that. :o

I hope she leaves him for Dr. Midnite.

I hope she leaves him for Connor. Suck on that, Ollie, you old perv! :oldrazz:

Clearly, Dinah has learned to use her ass cheeks as weapons.

Huh. Surprised that Twy hasn't squee'd in this thread and melt onto the floor yet. :o

You gotta problem wit' my squeein' and meltin' into da floor? :cmad:

I've been busy with the new RPG thread or I'd have been here sooner.

<inserts token *squee* and *melts*>

I am so mixed about this mini and about everything revolving around Dinah.

I love her character to death and I hate seeing her being sued as a 'fad' that in a few more years might grow dim. Also, I'm gonna resent the 'new' fans who latch on to someone I was loyal to for so long. :csad:
Her 'rise' in the DCU just gives her more of a chance to be used and abused.

However, I love the fact she's going to be more prominate and she will attract new fans. :) She totally deserves this! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Everybody place bets at where this book will sell.

I say #89.

*rejoices*

I doubt it will do very good, but still..I feel very possessive about Dinah. :csad:

*rejoices*

I doubt it will do very good, but still..I feel very possessive about Dinah. :csad:

The original mini series did pretty well! Well enough to warrant an ongoing series but they screwed that all to hell. They hyped it all up after the mini and had people chomping at the bit to get ahold of it then they had delay after delay after delay until all the hype was spent and most of the people forget about it or lost intrest in it. Then when it came out they had the same writter but she did a half assed job compared to what she wrote for the mini. They also had a different artist and he wasn't that good. They changed artist a couple of times during that series but the art got worse and worse each time. Then to top it all off they gave her the worst costume in the history of comics for the last three issues. I'm all for a new BC series, mini or otherwise, but only if they put decent people on it and do it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"