Countdown, Black Canary and Cyborg titles.

Darthphere

Kneel before 'Drox!
Reaction score
Lying in the Gutters.

A VIEW TO A KILLING

[Green Light]The new weekly series to follow DC's "52" is called "Countdown." Written by Paul Dini, it will start the week after "52" ends, and will continue the concept of portraying the DC Universe out in real time.

Other new titles to look forward to include "Black Canary" and "Cyborg."

A new weekly title written by Dini, at this point DC is getting greedy I think, but ill wait and see what its all about.

Are Cy and BC getting minis or ongoings?

That's a half story or bull****.

One person alone can't write a weekly, especially Paul Dini who has a lot of other things on his plate than just comics (I believe he is still writing for Lost too).

I presume they are counting down to 2007 event? So far it seems Giffen, Busiek and Woods are involved (going from people being moved off titles to make room for secret projects).

I wouldn't pick up either of those solo titles either, even if they are just Year Ones.

Anubis said:
Are Cy and BC getting minis or ongoings?

Id have to guess mini.

Also, I guess with enough lead time 52 is not uspposed to end until summer of 07. Dini, could get some scripts out, but as yenaled said, there has to be more people involved.

hmmmmm....At the rate of comic time vs real time this Countdown will blow past the DCU in about a month.

Mannnn,please not another universe wide crisis.I'm enjoying the fresh start alot of the books are getting at DC.

GAH hates it then that means it's Golden. I am so getting both.

Wonder what Countdown's all about. Leads up to the next big event I guess. :Sherlock:

Roughneck said:
hmmmmm....At the rate of comic time vs real time this Countdown will blow past the DCU in about a month.
Well, if they slow down the DCU for the period in which Countdown runs, they can handle that easily. But I don't like a permanent weekly real-time series.

I don't know how to feel about the new weekly. On one hand, 52 is awesome, and Paul Dini is awesome, but on the other, will it really be worth buying four extra comics every week for god knows how long? I mean, doing it for a year was one thing, doing it for two or three is a totally different matter.

As for Black Canary and Cyborg, I'd probably only check out the Black Canary one if the creative team is good. And every one else likes it. And I'd wait for the TPB. :o

And on a side note...

742SPIRIT-AFM.jpg

I miss when Miller used to draw, y'know, well. :(

Who says it's a weekly? All it talks about is showing comics in real time. That could just mean a comic that portrays things in one month.

A person can write a weekly series... all you need to do is write one issue in at the longest a week...

Japanese manga usually gets written and drawn on a weekly or biweekly basis, most often by the exact same person. It's definitely possible.

But I doubt that Countdown is going to be weekly.

Harlekin said:
Who says it's a weekly? All it talks about is showing comics in real time. That could just mean a comic that portrays things in one month.

The new weekly series to follow DC's "52" is called "Countdown."

:huh:

CConn said:
I don't know how to feel about the new weekly. On one hand, 52 is awesome, and Paul Dini is awesome, but on the other, will it really be worth buying four extra comics every week for god knows how long? I mean, doing it for a year was one thing, doing it for two or three is a totally different matter.

As for Black Canary and Cyborg, I'd probably only check out the Black Canary one if the creative team is good. And every one else likes it. And I'd wait for the TPB. :o

And on a side note...

742SPIRIT-AFM.jpg

I miss when Miller used to draw, y'know, well. :(
God damn it. I feel sorry for Spirt fans.

You know, I hate that Frank Miller is doing that movie. "Im doing the dark Spirit, the one Will did before the war" Oh you mean the racist one?

Can Frank Miller write anything that's not dark? :huh:

He should do a children's book.:up:

I can imagine the nightmares and questions.

"Daddy, whats a ****e?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"