Black Panther 2: General Discussions & Speculations Thread

Discussion in 'Black Panther Sequels' started by Blitzkrieg, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Little Miss Bliss

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter the filmmaker behind Marvel’s landmark Black Panther has quietly closed a deal to write and direct the sequel.

Sources say the plan at this stage is for Coogler to write next year with an eye to start production in either late 2019 or early 2020. Marvel and parent company Disney, however, have not made any official announcements about Marvel's slate of movies beyond the release of the next Avengers movie in May 2019 and a Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel in July — and plans could shift.

2. Fallen

Fallen "Spider-Man WILL return"

3. samsnee

samsnee Ok

Yes. Guaranteed another billion now.

Hopefully they waited to announce to make sure his social media was clean.

4. Kev4000

Kev4000 Registered

Great News. I hope the sequel can even be better then the original and dont drop in Quality. We have the best Chances with him. :)

5. David H.

David H. We’re not owed anything.

Cool, though I’ll admit I was hoping he could do the same as Rian Johnson and do “Wrong Answer” in between Panther movies.

Btw, he was working with Ta-Nehisi Coates on that and I don’t see Joe Robert Cole‘s name being mentioned so I wonder if he’d collaborate with the former in some capacity.

6. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

Great news! I hope Coogler will take his time to come up with a rock solid script; we need the sequel to be truly awesome so the naysayers can shut up about BP.

7. m2k

m2k Registered

Great news. I only wish Sony would let him intro Kraven in BP2 like he originally wanted.. . Nah. Instead Sony's grand idea of milking each and every Spidey villain only to have them meet up at probably a Starbucks is too much to pass up.

8. Darkprime

Darkprime Registered

Namor please gotta counter aquaman with something.

9. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

Coogler doesn't do social media.

10. Darkprime

Darkprime Registered

Isnt Kraven a spiderman villain? I wasnt aware he had links to Black Panther/Wakanda.

11. David H.

David H. We’re not owed anything.

[​IMG]

12. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I would so love to see Kraven roaming the Wakandan plains.

13. King_Nomarch

King_Nomarch Registered

They fought during Priest’s run where Kraven was hired to capture him but it was his son and not the original and years later during David Liss’ underrated series a depowered T’Challa fought Kraven.

14. King_Nomarch

King_Nomarch Registered

This is great news. Hopefully Morrison and Ludwig return as well. Hoping for Enemy of the State I or II getting adapted. If it’s II they should replace Hunter, Wolverine, and Iron Man with Bucky and Namor.

15. Donald Thomas

Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
    Now that the Fox/ Marvel deal seems to be in place, I can think of no greater villain after Killmonger and Klaw than Dr. Doom. I want Doomwar with a possible Panther's Quest thrown in for good measure.Have Ramonda kidnapped at the same time Dr. Doom is working on taking over Wakanda. That will put BP and Shuri on high alert. Shuri vs Dr. Doom-brain for brain- with BP being in charge. If you haven't read Doomwar please do. I also want to see more BP fighting skills.BP fighting in the Russo brother's movies was better than the BP movie, in my opinion.

Long Live the King of Wakanda

16. Shinobi Shaw

Shinobi Shaw The Black King of THC

Kraven would be an interesting adversary this time around.

17. King_Nomarch

King_Nomarch Registered

After rewatching Civil War, T'Challa's fighting/action scenes were a bit disappointing and a huge disservice to the character. I don’t even want to talk about Infinity War where he and the rest of Wakanda wasn’t all that impressive then he dies for shock value.

18. terry78

terry78 We'll be right back

Good...good.

19. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Cool cool.

20. Flint Marko

Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

Wait, I thought BP died in Infinity War :o

Another_Fool likes this.
  21. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Had a feeling he'd eventually be announced as the writer/director for the sequel.

22. Chesterfield

Chesterfield Registered

Excellent news. As for the naysayers...who? 1.3 Billion worldwide, highest grossing movie domestically of the year, the 3rd film in history to join the domestic $700Million club and the only foreign film in 30 years to be released in Saudi Arabia not to mention a plethora of other accolades. The naysayers have already been silenced. Anything more from them is cry baby winging in which they'll still end up going to see the sequel.

As for the fight choreography, they need to step it up BIG TIME. BP to me never came off looking like a true badass in his own film and his best fighting moment was the rescue scene in Nigeria but it was too dark and happened too quickly.

We need fight choreography akin to...

Mysterious likes this.
  23. Melpardus

Melpardus Registered

Hopefully the VFX department doesn't get rushed like last time. (I still hold that only the rhinos and that one sequence in the vibranium mines stood out to me as jarringly bad, but the former at least seem to have improved somewhat upon rewatching on Netflix. I'm convinced they touched up the film before home release.)

I really want to see more of T'Challa interacting with everyday Wakandans. At this point we have a decent sense of the politics and general history of the place, but now I think it's time to see more daily life for the average citizen and see what they think about their system of governance. (Placing a bet now that Wakanda moves to a democratic monarchy by the end of the overall franchise story, since that's what Coates did recently.)

Also, more cities; I think a lot of people (including a ton of online reviewers) came away from Black Panther and the subsequent Infinity War with the impression that Wakanda is just that one city we see surrounded by small villages outside the dome, but I'm pretty sure it's more expansive in the comics and there may have been film concept art for some of these other cities, so it'd be nice to see those come to fruition.

And while I thought T'Challa's fight scenes were good - I think the lack of intensity in some sequences was intentional, or can at least be played into a thematic arc/character trait reflective of his mindset at different points in the film depending on who he's fighting - more "kill-mode T'Challa" would be great for action beats and I think they can afford to show more of that "darker" side of him in the sequels, or at least put him in more situations that would necessitate such a tonal shift.

24. samsnee

samsnee Ok

Smart guy

25. samsnee

samsnee Ok

He did. Shuri is the new Panther.