Black Panther: Wakanda Forever OFFICIAL SPOILERS THREAD

I don't understand the obsession with seeing this T'Challa age up all of a sudden. If the MCU is still going in 15 years or so, which is not impossible, then he can take the mantle.

Shuri is now the Black Panther of the MCU. It is what it is.
Well we didn't know there was gonna be a T'Challa Jr. all of a sudden...

The BP Mantle could be passed down the line, with time travel/time jump/multiverse/variants, it is possible to see Prince T'Challa as Black Panther in 4 to 5 years.

Who knows if Marvel studios does another time jump and T'Challa is a young adult like Riri Williams. Cassie was a kid in AM2 and look what she is now in AM3.

or their looking to put together a "Next Avengers"/ "Young Avengers" type team

I'm sure they were affected. The Snap didn't exclude anyone except for maybe the Eternals since I don't think any of them blipped. While not every movie or show has to mention it, this did seem like something kind of important since Talokan is even more removed from the world than Wakanda. I guess when the Snap happened, Namor probably scoped out what was going on in the surface world to see what was going on and once he realized that it was happening everywhere, went "Well this sucks" and dealt with it the way everyone else did.

I would say that Namor is going to be the equivalent of Jason Statham in the Fast & Furious movies after he killed Han but then I remembered his conscience is more or less clear since Han turned out to be alive. Maybe I'll forgive him if they bring Bassett back to play a multiverse version of Storm.

JUSTICE FOR QUEEN RAMONDA!

IMHO the snap was badly handled by the MCU. Its greater, larger implications were largely swept aside.

Well we didn't know there was gonna be a T'Challa Jr. all of a sudden...

The BP Mantle could be passed down the line, with time travel/time jump/multiverse/variants, it is possible to see Prince T'Challa as Black Panther in 4 to 5 years.

Who knows if Marvel studios does another time jump and T'Challa is a young adult like Riri Williams. Cassie was a kid in AM2 and look what she is now in AM3.

The thing with Cassie is that the 5 year jump affected everyone who wasn't snapped. It wasn't done with the only purpose of age her up.
If they do something like this again, just to have a male Black Panther, that would be completely stupid IMO.

Now, I'm not saying this is the case with everyone. Some people have genuine reasons to not be convinced of Shuri as BP.
But I'm also seeing other kind of people who, it seems, just don't want a female Black Panther. We literally just saw Shuri's "origin story". Her character story has now really begun. And people are rushing to say "Well maybe M'Baku can now be Black Panther", "Well, there's the 6 year old T'Challa. Let's find a way to age him up for the next film so he's an adult".
We have a Black Panther. No need to find another.

Shuri (despite being Bp in the comics) just still don't feel like a main character to headline another BP movie.

She was very much the main character in this movie, beginning to end, and she did quite fine.

Can't wait for Black Panther 3 to continue to see her story, and her bond with King M'Baku.

JUSTICE FOR QUEEN RAMONDA!

IMHO the snap was badly handled by the MCU. Its greater, larger implications were largely swept aside.
I really liked seeing Yelena and Monica Rambeau's perspectives of it in the shows but beyond that it's basically just been "Yeah it was awful but everyone's back now so it's all water under the bridge".

It bothers me.

Namor is a genodical, psychotic murderer. What he did was murder.
I honestly hope they keep him a villain.

Like going against the Avengers, Fantastic Four and even the X-Men.

There wasn't anything in the movie that I wanted to root for him or Talokan. Like generic I want to conquer the world villain.

I honestly hope they keep him a villain.

Like going against the Avengers, Fantastic Four and even the X-Men.

There wasn't anything in the movie that I wanted to root for him or Talokan. Like generic I want to conquer the world villain.

Basically, using what happened to him in his youth hundreds of years ago as justification for mass global genocide. Why are we supposed to like and root for this guy again? I'll wait.

Now, I'm not saying this is the case with everyone. Some people have genuine reasons to not be convinced of Shuri as BP.
But I'm also seeing other kind of people who, it seems, just don't want a female Black Panther. We literally just saw Shuri's "origin story". Her character story has now really begun. And people are rushing to say "Well maybe M'Baku can now be Black Panther", "Well, there's the 6 year old T'Challa. Let's find a way to age him up for the next film so he's an adult".
We have a Black Panther. No need to find another.

She was very much the main character in this movie, beginning to end, and she did quite fine.

Can't wait for Black Panther 3 to continue to see her story, and her bond with King M'Baku.
We've seen Shuri in 3 movies before Wakanda Forever and Wakanda Forever ain't an origin Shuri story especially this film was set after those 3 films she appeared in...

And gender has nothing to do with it. Shuri/Letitia just doesn't have the gravitas to headline a BP film imo. But here we are due to unforeseen circumstances. This felt like a BP film without T'Challa than a Shuri movie.

We've seen Shuri in 3 movies before Wakanda Forever and Wakanda Forever ain't an origin Shuri story especially this film was set after those 3 films she appeared in...

And gender has nothing to do with it. Shuri/Letitia just doesn't have the gravitas to headline a BP film imo. But here we are due to unforeseen circumstances.

That's why I quoted "origin story". We've seen Shuri. But this was her origin story AS Black Panther.

Now, like I said, I wasn't talking about everyone when I mentioned the gender. But if the boot fits..

Also, again, she JUST headlined a Black Panther film. Fans and critics are loving it. It's breaking box office records. I'd say her gravitas are good enough :hehe:

That's why I quoted "origin story". We've seen Shuri. But this was her origin story AS Black Panther.

Now, like I said, I wasn't talking about everyone when I mentioned the gender. But if the boot fits..

Also, again, she JUST headlined a Black Panther film. Fans and critics are loving it. It's breaking box office records. I'd say her gravitas are good enough :hehe:
Headlined, like RDJ headlined Avengers 1 to 4 but okay. I didn't say about her not headlining this movie though.

She's good enough for a supporting character, maybe she would be again in Bp3.

facepalm-disappointed.gif

Basically, using what happened to him in his youth hundreds of years ago as justification for mass global genocide. Why are we supposed to like and root for this guy again? I'll wait.
Yeah I really hope there's no redemption arc for this character.

Instead, they'd make him a straight up backstabbing villain in the MCU.

Well they already drastically changed Nakia and M'Baku, so why not Namor as a total villain.

3D printing a magic herb was weird. Why they even thought it would have helped didn't make sense to me either.

I'm not going in hard on this film. It was obviously made in the worst circumstances. Ultimately, you could tell though. Boseman is sorely missing, despite some great performances by the rest of the cast. Shuri doesn't fill the void. I was team Nakia for the suit, and still kinda think that, but I'm not sure anyone could have overcome the hole created by this loss.

3D printing a magic herb was weird. Why they even thought it would have helped didn't make sense to me either.

I'm not going in hard on this film. It was obviously made in the worst circumstances. Ultimately, you could tell though. Boseman is sorely missing, despite some great performances by the rest of the cast. Shuri doesn't fill the void. I was team Nakia for the suit, and still kinda think that, but I'm not sure anyone could have overcome the hole created by this loss.
Yeah Shuri still feels like a supporting character of T'Challa.

As for the 3d printer... yeah that was weird.

T'Challa already had the abilities of the heart-shaped herb, so I'm not sure why Shuri thought a synthetic version would cure his illness. Now maybe Talokan had some type of medicine or plant that could've helped him, but not sure why a synthetic variant would've saved him.

However, they were very cagey about his supposed illness, so we may not be getting the full story here.

I think the idea was they wanted to make Shuri feel guilty like she could've been the one to save her brother, but she couldn't. So maybe that's the point, there's really nothing she could've done that would've been able to save her brother. Despite Wakanda's most advancing medicine and tech, they didn't have a solution for T'Challa.

But quite a few things in the movie operate on very shaky logic.

I don't understand the obsession with seeing this T'Challa age up all of a sudden. If the MCU is still going in 15 years or so, which is not impossible, then he can take the mantle.

Don't see them passing up a T'Challa/Storm relationship. It is one of the most known and would be the 1st in MCU having a relationship between two franchises. It all depends on when X-Men is actually introduced we don't know when BP 3 will happen either. They only have 3 movies in phase 6 with 2 being the Avengers, the other is F4. I don't see F4 and X-Men being brought in the same phase. Possible BP 3 happens in 2025-2026 phase 6 time and Shuri is done after those 3 appearances.

I'm sure they were affected. The Snap didn't exclude anyone except for maybe the Eternals since I don't think any of them blipped. While not every movie or show has to mention it, this did seem like something kind of important since Talokan is even more removed from the world than Wakanda. I guess when the Snap happened, Namor probably scoped out what was going on in the surface world to see what was going on and once he realized that it was happening everywhere, went "Well this sucks" and dealt with it the way everyone else did.
If he has no clue of who Thanos is though I would wonder if he thought it was something the Surface did to his people or a pollution. If they do D+ show or he appears in 1 it could be something they explore. We saw in Endgame the boats and stuff just sitting around and clustered, they live deep in the water so not sure if they would have been impacted by those things.

Yeah Shuri still feels like a supporting character of T'Challa.

I don't know. Halfway through this movie it very much felt like Shuri was the lead. If you're talking gravitas of Letitia, then I suppose that's just comes down to subjectivity, but for me the narrative definitely followed her and Ramonda for most of the runtime.

Don't see them passing up a T'Challa/Storm relationship. It is one of the most known and would be the 1st in MCU having a relationship between two franchises. It all depends on when X-Men is actually introduced we don't know when BP 3 will happen either. They only have 3 movies in phase 6 with 2 being the Avengers, the other is F4. I don't see F4 and X-Men being brought in the same phase. Possible BP 3 happens in 2025-2026 phase 6 time and Shuri is done after those 3 appearances.
I agree.

There's a lot of things the movies and shows have passed up on from the comics, even things that are very famous.

Iron Man never met the real Mandarin once.

This young T'Challa gives us a chance to see iconic stories from the comics and explore the T'Challa/Storm relationship. Of course that's something fans want to see. Doesn't mean we can't still have Shuri around, but in the comics she never really grew beyond a supporting role. She simply doesn't have the same amount of interesting stories.

We could create new stories of course and this movie did an amazing job with that. Though it obviously wouldn't have the same appeal. It also doesn't help that the actress reportedly said that Wakanda Forever might be her last movie. Hence her not being queen like in the comics and the ending leaving things open. Though that is just a rumor at this point.

Either way, Disney introduced this new T'Challa to keep their options open. It makes sense that people would run with the possibilities this opens up.

Last edited:
I don't think a movie has ever brought me to tears, as many times as this one did. Brilliant, beautiful film. I'd argue that this was Marvel's "Godfather Part II"

I don't think a movie has ever brought me to tears, as many times as this one did. Brilliant, beautiful film. I'd argue that this was Marvel's "Godfather Part II"
Absolutely! It's so different from recent MCU movies. I was also really impressed with how much it managed to feel like an event film as well. Can't wait to see it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"