Black Panther: Wakanda Forever OFFICIAL SPOILERS THREAD

I think the distinction is clear enough even without a definite explanation in the mcu. The mcu hasn't gone into the X-gene and all of that, but we now have Namor and Ms. Marvel as an example of what we can consider a mutant. Namor being born with his abilities and physical mutation right away, and kamalas Manifesting and triggered during her adolescent years. They both have altered DNA and both make a point of saying that the abilities they have were already there and not acquired or given. That's really the point I was making. You don't consider T'challa, shuri, spider-man, captain america, or hulk mutants because those abilities were acquired through magic, science, etc. I think the they're considered Mutates. So in a broad sense, considering we don't have a definition for the x-gene in the MCU they both fit the mutant profile.

The mutant thing is just kind of whatever. They haven't really defined what being a mutant means in the MCU.

In the comics, it's a mutation caused by the X-gene. So is Kamala Khan the result of the X-Gene? Is Namor? or is it different?

I think they keep the x-gene and make it simple "you're a mutant if you have the X-gene". Give us a scene with Xavier using cerebro and explaining to someone what the X-gene is. And as we flicker through flashes of mutants world wide they throw in kamala and namor confirming them(if it isn't already). Simple, and easy.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I didn't enjoy the movie. It was just too depressing. Now that both T'Challa and Ramonda are dead, I'm not sure where they can go from here. I have a similar gripe with Thor in the MCU. They've killed off almost all his supporting characters and now there's nowhere left to go.

Film also lacked energy, there were no highs or lows, it was flat all the way through. Action was sparse and not very exciting. They really should have just recast T'Challa.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I didn't enjoy the movie. It was just too depressing. Now that both T'Challa and Ramonda are dead, I'm not sure where they can go from here. I have a similar gripe with Thor in the MCU. They've killed off almost all his supporting characters and now there's nowhere left to go.

Film also lacked energy, there were no highs or lows, it was flat all the way through. Action was sparse and not very exciting. They really should have just recast T'Challa.
Look at it this way if Chadwick Boseman had survived he would have probably been in his 50s before the MCU introduced Storm. Shuri was to be an eventual Black Panther, as a known comic book storyline however Letita Wright was being subject to possible or probable cultural cancellation

Now the sub-franchise has bought time and takes a break as they age up T'Challa to take on the Ororo relationship and other stories that you might wish for. The budding superstar director remains happy which others recruited to make a MCU have seen. Along with the actors who might come back to play his aunties and uncles

I don't agree with logic, because he was born with his abilities regardless of where his mother got the power. Whereas T'challa and Shuri were not born with their capabilities they acquired them. The one rule about being a mutant is you're born with your genetic mutation. So he is a mutant.

Thing is, "born with their powers" also describes Thor. That has never been the actual standard in the comics, it has been "do you have the x-gene", a *specific* genetic-based power source.

Thing is, "born with their powers" also describes Thor. That has never been the actual standard in the comics, it has been "do you have the x-gene", a *specific* genetic-based power source.
Thor isn't human, He's asgardian. Any example of a mutant has always been a human with the X-gene. Which logically if the X-gene exist in your DNA then you were born with it. I never said they were born outright with their powers but that they're born mutants. But we now have two confirmed examples of mutants in the MCU, namor who was born with his abilities and kamala who's developed in her adolescence.

Last edited:

Given that we lost T’Challa (and he had already lost his dad) I don’t think killing another major character was the best idea for the future for the franchise. The family structure is also gone now.

I’m guessing Ramonda was always planned to die in this movie and originally this was going to be T’Challa seeking revenge against Namor. But then again that kind if would have been a repeat of his arc in Civil War so maybe not?

I’m guessing Ramonda was always planned to die in this movie and originally this was going to be T’Challa seeking revenge against Namor. But then again that kind if would have been a repeat of his arc in Civil War so maybe not?

Yes, I think the Civil War arc removes that option for him as far as good storytelling goes. Personally I didn't enjoy that Shuri went through the same arc either since while it makes sense for the character I just feel like we're rehashing things we've already seen. There were enough things going on in Shuri's mental state in the film that they didn't need to use that as well, especially since she was never a warrior and could easily have a different mindset on revenge killing from the get go.

I know The Snap is the past and moving on from that but I wish they had a line from Namor how they dealt with that. It didn't appear he was snapped along with Attuma or Namora.

They were probably unaffected. But who knows what happened under the sea.
I'm sure they were affected. The Snap didn't exclude anyone except for maybe the Eternals since I don't think any of them blipped. While not every movie or show has to mention it, this did seem like something kind of important since Talokan is even more removed from the world than Wakanda. I guess when the Snap happened, Namor probably scoped out what was going on in the surface world to see what was going on and once he realized that it was happening everywhere, went "Well this sucks" and dealt with it the way everyone else did....
theoretically speaking... the people of Tlālōcān {following Aztec lore) could be seen as some form of the "undead"... in the history we saw of them when they drank of the plant it killed them (their humane form, anyway) only to be reborn in their Merr-form (for lack of better term) so, it's possible they were unaffected by the Snap

similar to the Eternals who were unaffected because they are not considered "living" as artificial being

but, they didn't do that deep of a div into the lore (and their "death" seemed more metaphorical) so, hard to tell

As far as the Queen's death, I felt like this movie fell into the same trap that Spider-Man No Way Home did. By the end of the movie, the guy has lost his friends, his old life and Aunt May. With this one, Shuri already lost her brother and now she has to lose her mother too?

These Marvel writers get a little too cruel at times.

As far as the Queen's death, I felt like this movie fell into the same trap that Spider-Man No Way Home did. By the end of the movie, the guy has lost his friends, his old life and Aunt May. With this one, Shuri already lost her brother and now she has to lose her mother too?

She’s the only one left of that family now after the father also died in Civil War.

Its better than Marvel writers being too funny at times, as the comedic timing ruined movie moments in the past.

theoretically speaking... the people of Tlālōcān {following Aztec lore) could be seen as some form of the "undead"... in the history we saw of them when they drank of the plant it killed them (their humane form, anyway) only to be reborn in their Merr-form (for lack of better term) so, it's possible they were unaffected by the Snap

similar to the Eternals who were unaffected because they are not considered "living" as artificial being

but, they didn't do that deep of a div into the lore (and their "death" seemed more metaphorical) so, hard to tell
Interesting theory, I didn't even consider that.

I think Ramonda was a goner in the script even before Chadwick passed. Killing parents is a Marvel (and Disney) pastime. It's just unfortunate that the real life circumstances led to the Wakandan Royal Family suffering such huge losses. What makes Shuri's situation a little more hopeful than Peter's is that she's got her nephew plus a support system of close friends who may as well be family like Nakia, Okoye, M'Baku, etc.

She’s the only one left of that family now after the father also died in Civil War.
yoda-there-is.gif

The reveal of Prince T'Challa II was an uplifting ending to the movie as you could want.

The mutant thing is just kind of whatever. They haven't really defined what being a mutant means in the MCU.

In the comics, it's a mutation caused by the X-gene. So is Kamala Khan the result of the X-Gene? Is Namor? or is it different?
At this point, its just a word that can easily be missed.

I thought it was fun. Probably didn’t need that extra bit at the end. It was closer to a quality level I would expect than Thor was. Bit over the adopting/parenting a plucky new child version cliche though

Shuri's has one of the best arcs in the MCU, Can't wait to see her again. Actress did an amazing job.

Just watched the movie. Visuals, music and actors were amazing. World designs were beautiful. Would like to see more of Talokan in the future. I think Okoye was better option for bp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"