Black Superman's Return

Superwomen28003.jpg

It's been many moons since I've drawn anything of note. 2yrs ago I moved from Georgia to Maryland and my computer w/ all my digital art got stolen so I might not ever finish the story I was working on. Anyway, here's a little preview of what I'm working on.

PG04b-color-small_zps8f7ievl6.jpg

Finished blocking the 1st Panel. Perhaps you can somewhat guess what my story is about?

FR04%20-%20Combined_zpshvaxvozj.jpg

Almost done. I'm playing around w/ the color schemes and lay-out.

FR04a-Combined-1200_zps460qkvy4.jpg

This page will proceed the previous one.

As you can see I suck at trying to create circles. Hopefully I can fix it in photoshop.

FR03b-800_zpseqdxhga3.jpg

I've got the story mapped out in my head but not necessarily all of the dialogue so you'll have to bare with me.

FR03a-combined800_zpsdgyads2a.jpg

I'm not 100% content and will more than likely tweak this later but for now I'm done. I need to move on to finishing the other pages.

page-0425_zpsybbr6lep.jpg

page-05-625_zpsiblr9vqf.jpg

My version of Zodak is more of an amalgam to Filmation's Zodac.

FR-09a-combined25_zpsyfbl4f7g.jpg

I'd like to get y'all's opinion on my font choices. I'm never fully content w/ anything I draw so I'm always trying to improve on something.

FR04d-new-webletterer-combined25_zpslhw3vekj.jpg

The left is a free font you can find @ www.dafont.com simply called Comic Book. The one in the middle I paid $$$ for from www.blambot.com called Web Letterer Pro. The one on the right is also purchased from blambot called Blambot Classic. Which one looks the best?

blambot always has the best fonts :up:
i have downloaded every free font they ever offer

and congrats on 6k posts btw

blambot always has the best fonts :up:
i have downloaded every free font they ever offer

and congrats on 6k posts btw

I can't speak to comic fonts specifically. But being a graphic designer for the last decade, I can tell you the best free fonts to be found can typically be at http://www.fontsquirrel.com/ They're like dafont, without all the terrible fonts.

Thanks Syncos. I'll check it out. I'm always looking for cool fonts.

Some of the old heads may remember my lofty attempts to do a He-man vs Thundarr the Barbarian crossover comic.

I'm revisiting that idea. Here's a panel from a page I'm working on.

Princess Glimmer from She-Ra vs Princess Ariel from Thundarr

Glimmer-Arielpic25_zpsg2xsmxjr.jpg

Digging the new stuff but, question

Why no gutters between the comic panels? I mean some do it looks like, but some just have lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"