Blade, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Elektra ..... How should they be rebooted for the MCU?

Shoppy

Civilian
Reaction score
I imagine Elektra might get a cameo in the Daredevil Netflix series (isn't the order supposed to be Daredevil, JessicaJones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Defenders?)

The other three I'm not so sure about...

...Any ideas?

Ghost Rider and Blade could easily be in a dr strange sequel aka The Midnight Sons! (Personal Dream Scenario). Punisher could also work well as a netflix show. Even be part of Dare Devils series. A Dare Devil, Punisher, Moon Knight trifecta would be amazing.

I can see Elektra having a presence in the Netflix Daredevil series and Punisher being in a episode. As far as Ghost Rider and Blade, we might not see them until phase 4. Ghost Rider would be awesome in the MCU, Blade faces somewhat of an uphill battle since it is so close associated with Wesley Snipes.

I can see Elektra having a presence in the Netflix Daredevil series and Punisher being in a episode. As far as Ghost Rider and Blade, we might not see them until phase 4. Ghost Rider would be awesome in the MCU, Blade faces somewhat of an uphill battle since it is so close associated with Wesley Snipes.

Although it wouldn't be the first time there was a Blade TV series without Snipes playing the lead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade:_The_Series

Elektra being a major character in the DD Netflix show, and maybe appearing in some of the other shows as well (since they're all Hell's Kitchen based).
Punisher appears in several of the shows as well, as a recurring antagonist/counter to the teams actions. He eventually gets his own Netflix show.
Blade either appears in a Doctor Strange movie, or on one of the Netflix shows. He eventually gets his own show.
Ghost Rider, No idea.

Feige recently mentioned how MS likes to do a spin on a genre instead of doing "Just a superhero movie" (Spy thriller, Fantasy, sci-fi); I think either Blade or Ghost Rider will be MS's way to get into horror. A horror Ghost Rider or Blade movie released around Halloween would be so awesome.

Yeah Elektra would be easy to introduce, Punisher I think needs to be a TV show, the movies have had 3 tries, and only 1 came out of it any good IMO (the Tom Jane one).

Ghost Rider needs to be a movie for me, the budget needed for GR just wouldnt be supported by a TV show IMO. And as a huge fan of the character I want to see him in his full glory.

Blade could go to TV or a movie, though the last TV show they tried for him wasnt very good.

Yeah..Blade and Ghost Rider together would be fantastic...Ghost Rider just doesn't have what it takes to do a solo film and show.

I'm amazed that of the tries attempted no one studio got Punisher done 100% correct. They all 3 had elements right in places, just didn't put a whole package together. The kicker is it should've been nailed the first time out of the gate. Frank Castle has one of the most normal Hollywood revenge Screenplays to possibly do, cause they've done them. With success.

That said maybe it's time to try a TV show with him. My problem is that it could get bogged down in a repetitious manner that the viewing audience might tire of quickly. Some underlying mystery would need to link episodes together. Some recurring force(which is atypical of a Punisher comic) that is always at Frank.

Blade: straight up back to the big screen. Get Michael B Jordan on this, not FF

Ghost Rider may need to appear in a support role in a Blade or Dr.Strange film.

Elektra has to be part of the DD show on Netflix, has to be.

I'd like to see Blade team up with Luke Cage. Both are immune to vampire bites. I'd like to see Punisher as an occasional adversary/ally for Daredevil. The street vigilante who is willing to bump off the bad guys, while DD tries to avoid going over that line. Ghost Rider might be better to fit in with a Dr. Strange teamup. Elektra might as well be involved with Daredevil. I'm not sold on another solo film, though.

I'm amazed that of the tries attempted no one studio got Punisher done 100% correct. They all 3 had elements right in places, just didn't put a whole package together. The kicker is it should've been nailed the first time out of the gate. Frank Castle has one of the most normal Hollywood revenge Screenplays to possibly do, cause they've done them. With success.

That's the problem with Punisher movies --- the story *is* "the most normal Hollywood revenge screenplay." In fact, I'd use the term the most "overdone" Hollywood revenge screenplay.

Punisher as a standalone movie is *completely* run of the mill, standard direct-to-DVD vigilante stuff. There's nothing to differentiate it at all --- except for the fact that in the comics, his action hero schtick exists against the backdrop of a super-powered universe.

That's why Punisher has never been done "right" before --- Frank hasn't existed in a world full of superheroes until now. *This* is the time he should debut.

You know, that problem with the Punisher's lack of original story could be curtailed with a proper Ennis adaptation of the character.

You've got Tyger for his childhood, and then Born is the kicker. It ads a tragic supernatural element into the mix.
Here you've got a tortured soul that has fallen so in love with the chaos of war and death that he basically sold his soul to death for an endless war.
Unconsciously he signed his families death warrant wish evidently pushed him into a one man war against crime.
And even though I wouldn't want death to be involved in anything more than his conception in Vietnam it could basically explain how one man can continuously avert his own demise and take 50 years to age 15.

I know a lot of fans don't like Ennis's vision for Frank and ironically for me it's the one that works best in an adaptation within the MCU simply because of that distinction Born gave him.

This would distinguish him from the run of the mill vigilante and would eventually justify his appereance in Phase 7's Legion of Monsters when he headlines as Frankencastle!

Blade could go to TV or a movie, though the last TV show they tried for him wasnt very good.
I liked it even with the actor change, apparently it had great ratings in the target demographic but it was too expensive and that's why spike dropped it

You know, that problem with the Punisher's lack of original story could be curtailed with a proper Ennis adaptation of the character.

You've got Tyger for his childhood, and then Born is the kicker. It ads a tragic supernatural element into the mix.
Here you've got a tortured soul that has fallen so in love with the chaos of war and death that he basically sold his soul to death for an endless war.
Unconsciously he signed his families death warrant wish evidently pushed him into a one man war against crime.
And even though I wouldn't want death to be involved in anything more than his conception in Vietnam it could basically explain how one man can continuously avert his own demise and take 50 years to age 15.

I know a lot of fans don't like Ennis's vision for Frank and ironically for me it's the one that works best in an adaptation within the MCU simply because of that distinction Born gave him.

This would distinguish him from the run of the mill vigilante and would eventually justify his appereance in Phase 7's Legion of Monsters when he headlines as Frankencastle!
I think that a lot of people have a problem with Ennis's Frank because he's just a sociopath who loves death and violence. Ennis removed almost all of the actually sympathetic elements from the character, making him potentially even WORSE than the people that he hunts. The backstory may be interesting, but if you don't like the character then that's irrelevant.

I love the idea of ghost rider appearing in dr strange, Electra with DD is easy to imagine that working well, blade....maybe a mini series? I'm not sure.

Punisher existing in a world of super heros as mentioned above is dead on, there are other non super powered characters in the mcu that work well. I could see Frank working out just as good as bw or hawkeye if done right.

Disney/marvel should let Sony have the rights, they work better with Spider-man.

I think that a lot of people have a problem with Ennis's Frank because he's just a sociopath who loves death and violence. Ennis removed almost all of the actually sympathetic elements from the character, making him potentially even WORSE than the people that he hunts. The backstory may be interesting, but if you don't like the character then that's irrelevant.

One thing that's guaranteed is that whatever Punisher we end up getting he'll be a combination of interpretations so I think we could take that distinguishing origin together with whatever it is you feel humanizes his 616 counterpart.

That being said, please elucidate me.

The only real difference I see is that 616 Punisher is immersed in more of a fantastical world being as he shares space with capes, but in the end he is still a relentless killing machine.

Obviously 616 will not dwell on his methods and the lengths he goes to pursue his mission, but ultimately his goal is the same and the result on either end of the multiverse are piles of bodies.

I don't think either version loves death. They are cursed by it, they pursue it out of a twisted sense of justice and they can't stop because crime simply wont... Any version of Frank I've encountered has been a mass murderer. What one would call a mission-orientated serial murderer which isn't hedonistic but a means to an end...

I imagine Elektra might get a cameo in the Daredevil Netflix series (isn't the order supposed to be Daredevil, JessicaJones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Defenders?)

The other three I'm not so sure about...

...Any ideas?

It should be a separate Marvel Knights movie line-up. They're rated-R with a different attitude that isn't selling cynicism and violence.

I still want a Punisher vs. Daredevil film.

I hope the Netflix series and Defenders miniseries go something like this...
Daredevil - cameo from Elektra, and possibly the leads from the other series.
Jessica Jones - connected to Daredevil via Purple Man story.
Iron Fist - cameos from Shang Chi, Misty Knight & Colleen Wing.
Luke Cage - "Heroes For Hire" storyline?
Defenders - I'd like to see some of those characters then make up part of a more Avengers-y team of something along the lines of... Cage, Jones, Iron Fist, Ronin, Valkyrie, Deathlok, Moon Knight with a cameo from Dr Strange.

I was thinking about Ghost Rider and how to reboot him without having to do the whole Johnny Blaze origin story again and I think the answer would be to introduce the Danny Ketch version of Ghost Rider
How about a second wave of series that goes... Blade / Ghost Rider / Man-Thing / Werewolf-by-Night / Legion of Monsters ? ...do you think that could work or would it be too genre-heavy?
Blade needs a decent series rather than a movie reboot.
(Comparing the Wesley Snipes movies to the series is like comparing the Underworld movies to Angel :p)

Punisher's definitely the tricky one :huh:

Last edited:
While Elektra & Ghost rider do need a reboot I'd much prefer Blade 4 with Snipes back and maybe a second Punisher with Thomas Jane (no Travolta)

Blade, Ghost Rider: I think at this point neither of them are on the cards for a solo movie. What with Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Inhumans waiting in the wings. I would introduce them in a Dr. Strange sequel, (Dr. Strange: Midnight's Sons) which can double as a supernatural team-up movie with a Dr. Strange-led roster, primarily including Blade and Ghost Rider, with some other characters from Marvel's supernatural stable as supporting characters. Possibly Werewolf By Night, Man-Thing.

Netflix shows: This is how I would go about it with respect to "hero" introductions...

Wave 1
Daredevil -- Introduce Elektra as a major supporting cast member.
Luke Cage -- Establish the Jessica Jones relationship, not necessarily romantically... yet.
AKA Jessica Jones -- See above.
Iron Fist -- Introduce Shang Chi, Misty Knight and Colleen Wing.
The Defenders -- Above vs. Kingpin.

Wave 2
Heroes For Hire -- Cage marries Jessica Jones and joins forces with Iron Fist.
Daredevil -- Continues from season 1.
Punisher -- Carnage! (The English word, not the Spidey baddie. :))
Moon Knight -- One can hope.
The Defenders 2 -- Would go with a super-powered baddie.

Defenders - I'd like to see some of those characters then make up part of a more Avengers-y team of something along the lines of... Cage, Jones, Iron Fist, Ronin, Valkyrie, Deathlok, Moon Knight with a cameo from Dr Strange.

Why do people keep pretending that Defenders will have Dr Strange in it? Seriously, if you expect more than a teamup between the four series heroes, prepare to be disappointed.

(Comparing the Wesley Snipes movies to the series is like comparing the Underworld movies to Angel :p)

So, you mean Blade the Series was vastly better, and one of the best shows on television? :p

My preference for Blade is still Wesley Snipes back in the role tbh. Not gonna happen, I know.

So, you mean Blade the Series was vastly better, and one of the best shows on television? :p

That can be the only explanation. Angel >

Why do people keep pretending that Defenders will have Dr Strange in it? Seriously, if you expect more than a teamup between the four series heroes, prepare to be disappointed.

I don't think he'll necessarily be "in it" but I think he might play an off-screen role in bringing the team together :)

No I mean the films were decent action films and the series was a soap opera :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"