Blade, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Elektra ..... How should they be rebooted for the MCU?

Wave 1
Daredevil -- Introduce Elektra as a major supporting cast member.
Luke Cage -- Establish the Jessica Jones relationship, not necessarily romantically... yet.
AKA Jessica Jones -- See above.
Iron Fist -- Introduce Shang Chi, Misty Knight and Colleen Wing.
The Defenders -- Above vs. Kingpin.
I think Kingpin is tied up with the Spiderman franchise rights ... Didn't Fox have to pay Sony when they used him in the Daredevil movie?
My money's more on someone like The Hood.

Wave 2
Heroes For Hire -- Cage marries Jessica Jones and joins forces with Iron Fist.
Daredevil -- Continues from season 1.
Punisher -- Carnage! (The English word, not the Spidey baddie. :))
Moon Knight -- One can hope.
The Defenders 2 -- Would go with a super-powered baddie.
Heroes for Hire and a second season of Daredevil definitely make sense.
Moon Knight is awesome but I'm not sure he's a big enough name to get his own series, not when there's Punisher, Blade, Ghost Rider and Elektra available.

If they do a second wave of series building up to another miniseries, I'd like to see that miniseries be a "Shadowlands" story :)

Blade & Ghost Rider - Since Dr. Strange is covering the magical/supernatural part of the MCU, put Blade and Ghost Rider in a Dr. Strange sequel, much the same as War Machine and Black Widow were introduced in Iron Man 2. These 'Midnight Sons' would put their supernatural powers to exceptional use, despite disagreements between them. Giving them solo movies again in the near future is unwise. Blade has been done too well, it'd be like the new Spider-Man movies. Ghost Rider too poorly, it'd be like the new FF movie or TIH, the MCU's only unsuccessful film. Regardless, they've both been done before, little to no point in doing them again at this juncture. The MCU is about getting exposure for Marvel properties that haven't been exposed before.

Elektra - Like nearly all female characters in the male-driven comic book world, Elektra is a supporting character, in her case, for Daredevil. She should be there, and she should be there in force, training with him under Stick in flashbacks and being a peerless martial artist in the present, played by someone with dark hair and eastern european features that doesn't talk a whole heckuva lot.

Punisher - As said, Punisher is ultra generic as a solo hero, unless you start using up other actors' contracts to cameo in his movie, which is prohibitively expensive. It'd be like Agents of SHIELD in that way, the thing that makes it not run of the mill boring is something you can't do. And even if you could do that somehow, it's just a boring story with cameos. Punisher does best, imho, when he guest stars, because you don't have to make him sympathetic, or limit the budget. I'd make him a consistent recurring character in the Netflix series. He kills villains, ruthlessly, without due process. Daredevil and Punisher thus come to blows. He has history with the mob, Jessica Jones thus comes into conflict with him in her investigations. He kills targets, so any Heroes for Hire work really doesn't work too well.

Same goes for Moon Knight. He can be a poor man's Batman, or he can be a helluva guest star.

My thoughts:

Daredevil: Matt Murdock and normal supporting cast including Stick in flashbacks, Introduce Pre-She-Hulk Jennifer Walters, Punisher, Moon Knight, with villains in Bullseye, Echo, Kirigi, Gorgon, Stilt-Man, and a shadowy Kingpin with Elektra as a wild card. Guest star Black Widow if possible.

Luke Cage: This crime drama becomes a prison drama becomes a superhero story. Luke Cage's original supporting cast all there. Introduce: The Wrecking Crew, Chemistro, Serpent Society and feature a slightly less shadowy Kingpin.

AKA Jessica Jones: "Jewel" in flashbacks, has a stint as "Knightress" in the series, limited supporting cast. Purple Man would be the main foe, with all that comes with that, including fighting heroes, which would be a problem. Daredevil would be her lawyer for that. She'd start dating Luke Cage, as his Hero for Hire would often overlap with her taking cases about superheroes. She'd uncover a massive conspiracy that undergirds the entire MCU. Cameo people like Col. Rhodes, old Peggy Carter, General Ross, supposedly dead Phil Coulson and of course, Kingpin.

Iron Fist: The whole K'un L'un adventure. All of Iron Fist's supporting cast is there. Introduce Shang Chi, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, among others. Use the Serpent Society as his main enemies. Eventually comes to New York in pursuit of revenge and joins in Luke Cage's Heroes for Hire. He finally gains true serenity offering the leader of the Serpent Society mercy.

Defenders: Now that Kingpin has uber talisman or something, Dr. Strange assembles the Defenders in order to defend Hell's Kitchen from becoming, y'know... literally Hell's Kitchen.

Another way to connect the Defenders to MCU:

- Luek Cage breaks out of Seagate Prison, where Trevor Slattery currently resides.

Blade, Ghost Rider: I think at this point neither of them are on the cards for a solo movie. What with Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Inhumans waiting in the wings. I would introduce them in a Dr. Strange sequel, (Dr. Strange: Midnight's Sons) which can double as a supernatural team-up movie with a Dr. Strange-led roster, primarily including Blade and Ghost Rider, with some other characters from Marvel's supernatural stable as supporting characters. Possibly Werewolf By Night, Man-Thing.

Netflix shows: This is how I would go about it with respect to "hero" introductions...

Wave 1
Daredevil -- Introduce Elektra as a major supporting cast member.
Luke Cage -- Establish the Jessica Jones relationship, not necessarily romantically... yet.
AKA Jessica Jones -- See above.
Iron Fist -- Introduce Shang Chi, Misty Knight and Colleen Wing.
The Defenders -- Above vs. Kingpin.

Wave 2
Heroes For Hire -- Cage marries Jessica Jones and joins forces with Iron Fist.
Daredevil -- Continues from season 1.
Punisher -- Carnage! (The English word, not the Spidey baddie. :))
Moon Knight -- One can hope.
The Defenders 2 -- Would go with a super-powered baddie.

In December 2010, it was reported that Melissa Rosenberg was developing a television series for ABC, titled AKA Jessica Jones. In November 2011, Rosenberg commented that the series would focus on Jessica Jones, with Carol Danvers and Luke Cage both having prominent roles. During this, it was also confirmed that the series would take place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Furthermore, Tony Stark and his company, Stark Industries were in the current draft of the pilot's script.

I hope Punisher doesn't make an appearance in the Avengers, merely for the random comment Whedon made that he's a coward. But a Punisher film would be very successful if done by a respectable director, (my dream choice would be Paul Verhoevan) and adapted the Ennis Max titles.

In December 2010, it was reported that Melissa Rosenberg was developing a television series for ABC, titled AKA Jessica Jones. In November 2011, Rosenberg commented that the series would focus on Jessica Jones, with Carol Danvers and Luke Cage both having prominent roles. During this, it was also confirmed that the series would take place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Furthermore, Tony Stark and his company, Stark Industries were in the current draft of the pilot's script.
I see a lot of cross-pollination happening within the Netflix series. Especially Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist, who might pop in and out of each other's series. However, I don't think they'll include Carol Danvers in the Jessica Jones show. That pilot script, in all probability, has undergone some serious revisions since.

There is considerable buzz and even more demand surrounding a Captain Marvel film, which I believe is a lock for Phase 4 and an outside shot at getting into Phase 3. I think they might want to wait to introduce Carol on the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"