Blade Runner.. which do i see?

xwolverine2

Arkham Assassin
Reaction score
so im finally gonna see what all the fuss is about with this movie Blade Runner...
..but in netflix there's like four different versions!wtf!

there's Theatrical Cut, Final Cut, & Theatrical and Directors Cut...
(and a Workprint version lol)

which would one recommend to see? Directors Cuts arent always better... daredevil was but Mr and Mrs Smith was butchered...

if the directors cut only has a bunch of filler deleted scenes that bog down the movie then screw it..

Final Cut...it's Ridley's preferred version of the film.

well whats the audiences preferred movie? lol

Also, the Final Cut.

The Theatrical and International are almost identical, with the International version being slightly longer because of lighter censorship. It's just a few more minutes of extended violence, nothing too extreme, though. The "Director's Cut" was the first attempt at getting Scott's vision, but still not 100% what he wanted.

Final Cut. It's the best version of the film.

Hate to sound like a broken record but the Final Cut is the best version. It's pretty much similar to the DC, but just more finely tuned. The Theatrical (though I know Cal and some others prefer it) to me is pretty bad. It takes away from the depth and feel of it.

So I would say the Final Cut hands down.

And also I recommend watching the documentary that is 3.5 hours long called "Dangerous Days" It comes with the blu ray/dvd of the Final Cut...but I don't know how NetFlix does that part of it. Than after that watch it again.

But hope you enjoy it, to this day it's still one of my all time favorites.

Definitely go for The Final Cut. I actually haven't seen the theatrical version, I'll have to check it out sometime just as a curiosity.

I forgot to mention that if you have Blu-Ray, then Final Cut definitely, as some consider it the best BR transfer to date.

Final Cut, Ive forgotten about the Directors and theatrical cut completely....I don't even remember the changes....

Final Cut, and then go back and compare and contrast the other versions. :yay:

Final Cut for sure though. It's the true approved version from Ridley and plus the film itself looks gorgeous. It always did mind you, but in this case, it looks truly tremendous.

lol i guess its unanimous ...thank god
final cut it is

Also, the Final Cut corrected some of the visual effects or scenes. Not to say it's bad visual effects because the model work and matte paintings are still wonderful.

There's a shot of the dove near the end (I won't spoil it for you) that has been redone to fit in with the continuity. In the original shot, it looks like the dove is flying away during dawn, while the scene before the dove was a night scene with rain.

Also, they reshot another scene dealing with a..stunt (again I won't spoil it) and now it looks better.

I would definitely recommend The Final Cut. Most of the mastakes that are obvious in the last cuts are fixed.

yup. LOVE LIVE THE FINAL CUT.

We'll see if xwolverine2 will like it or not. It's a slower film. It's has no transforming robots or running zombies.

^
Of course it is a scifi "noir" movie, one must actually follow the story and dialogue to understand it :)

I don't know. xwolverine2's has..an unpredicble taste in movies. So we'll see. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

If he likes this, maybe he'll like Godard's Alphaville!

xvolverine you are aware that you will not like the movie as much as we do when we saw it in the 80's or 90's right?
you will see this movie after 20 years of praise and hype. the movie is way to big(hype and praise) for you to look it objectively.

Don't go in expecting an action film. It is VERY slow paced. Pure visual storytelling.

...and one viewing will definitely not be enough.

Director's Cut.

A Final Cut made 20 years later is a joke. it doesn't represent Ridley Scott's vision that he had back then. He changed as a person. So these re-cuts are unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"