Blade Runner.. which do i see?

what he said is so true that its not funny anymore.

in 20 years a human changes. so he makes decisions that he would not make back then.

what he said is so true that its not funny anymore.

in 20 years a human changes. so he makes decisions that he would not make back then.

yup.

The Final Cut might be better for some, but this "original vision" talk is absurd.

Final cut obviously...the title says everything u need to know. Its the one Ridley wanted. It also fixes some dialogue problems .

Seeing the Final Cut in a movie theater was one of the best experiences in my life as a movie aficionado.

The Final Cut, to me, is the DEFINITIVE version of this film, and I highly recommend everyone see this version ONLY. If you have a Blu-Ray player, get the 5-Disk set that has all the different versions of the film, a ton of special features (including the Dangerous Days documentary) and even the ultra-rare workprint version of the film. If not, the Final Cut can be found by itself in a 2-Disk set that includes Dangerous Days on the second disk.

Oh, and Edward James Olmos' last line in the film ALWAYS gives me the chills whenever I hear it:

[YT]0FAcmH0iN8I[/YT]

And, lastly, lets not forget Roy Batty's famous dying speech:

[YT]a_saUN4j7Gw[/YT]

EDIT: Btw. what do you guys think of my new avatar? Got it off the movie's website!

Last edited:
The theatrical cut was good apart from the goddamned narration and the upbeat ending. That was awful. I need to watch the final cut again.

Also, they reshot another scene dealing with a..stunt (again I won't spoil it) and now it looks better.
You mean [BLACKOUT]Zora's death[/BLACKOUT]? Yeah, that was much thankfully fixed.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but for me the narration is what makes the theatrical release so good. At first I hated Ford's voice over, then I saw the director's version and missed it terribly. Now I love it. Also love the director's cut too though.

I completely agree with TruerToTheCore. Recutting a film 20 years later is ridiculous, in no way can it express his original preference, people change over 20 years. It's more like his modified 70 year old Ridley preference.

Last edited:
Yes you are in the minority lol. But that is not always bad.

The VO brings a more "film noir" kinda feel to it. The typical type of narration by the detective.

Yet to me it ruins it. Sometimes it states the obvious, but it also takes away from some of the emotion. Especially when Batty dies, the narration interrupts and takes away from the solemn scene. That and the TC ending was just terrible. A polluted world, and all of a sudden we are in green paradise.

Of course to eaches own but the narration just kills the mood. But that is not the only thing that sucks about the TC to me. There is much more, the DC and FC adding in the unicorn dreams, and going more on the deep side was so much better.

The narration was just dull as hell. The fact that Ford was bored during it says alot. He just sounded so uninterested. Like he was trying to sound the most bored he's ever sounded. Frank Drabont described the interuption of the Batty speech with the narration perfectly. Like having sex and cold water being dumped on you.

The narration was just dull as hell. The fact that Ford was bored during it says alot. He just sounded so uninterested. Like he was trying to sound the most bored he's ever sounded. Frank Drabont described the interuption of the Batty speech with the narration perfectly. Like having sex and cold water being dumped on you.

Even Ford himself said he hated it, and during some of the documentary you can hear some of his choice words while he's recording the lines. Saying how dumb it was lol.

Oh, man I need to see that. Actually he sounded drunk and bored and tired all at the same time in the narration.

Yea, I wish I could see the real stuff he said. In the documentary you can tell they did not put much of it in. Kinda like how I'm so stoked for Alien Anthology on Blu ray because they have the UN-EDITED documentary of Alien 3, and it shows Fincher getting seriously pissed.

But I've heard for over 10 years that Ford got really mad in the studio while doing those parts. I wish we could see all of it.

I want the first two Alien films on Blu Ray, but it's not worth the money for the other two films. I wish you could get them separately.

The extras themselves are worth it. Alien 3 the unedited bigger version is actually not as bad as some make out.

To me the extras alone are worth it, might as well get the Anthology as I see it.

I heard the director cut to the third film is much better. I didn't like the third theatrical cut but I'll give it another chance.

awesome stuff...Dont know which version I saw, but I need to see it again

xvolverine you are aware that you will not like the movie as much as we do when we saw it in the 80's or 90's right?
you will see this movie after 20 years of praise and hype. the movie is way to big(hype and praise) for you to look it objectively.

thats true...
but only for old horror films.

If a movie doesnt age well, then chances are its probably only because it either depends on cheap thrills/scares(now considered cheesy) or a large amount of visual effects.

Ive seen movies farr older and with terrible vfx and no color that were amazing. So yes if its a good movie on its own right then ill like it.

and whoever said i only like movies with explosions and transformers is a ****ing idiot and doesnt know me, so they should shut their face:yay:
:doh:

thats true...

If a movie doesnt age well, then chances are its probably only because it either depends on cheap thrills/scares(now considered cheesy) or a large amount of visual effects.

Ive seen movies farr older and with terrible vfx and no color that were amazing. So yes if its a good movie on its own right then ill like it.

and whoever said i only like movies with explosions and transformers is a ****ing idiot and doesnt know me, so they should shut their face:yay:

Well one thing most can agree about with Blade Runner the SFX has not "aged". To this day I think Blade Runner is one of the best looking movies out there.

thats true...

yeah, screw that idiot. no respect! :)

Well one thing most can agree about with Blade Runner the SFX has not "aged". To this day I think Blade Runner is one of the best looking movies out there.

Tell me about it. Was there no digital effects in this film? It looks so stunning, so amazing. Looks like it could have been made just yesterday.

I don't think any special effects/scifi oriented film from the 80s holds up as well as this one.

Tell me about it. Was there no digital effects in this film? It looks so stunning, so amazing. Looks like it could have been made just yesterday.

I don't think any special effects/scifi oriented film from the 80s holds up as well as this one.

I disagree because I still say that Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi still have very believeable effects. The old school matte paintings of Cloud City can destroy any digital set of any movie today.

i understand that you have a positive memory from the old SW movies.

but that the old matte paintings destroy a good matte painting that is projected on a 3D geometry from Dylan Cole?

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :yay:

it's a lot more convincing that 70% of the stuff out there. It's about world-building. That means creating a believable environment so of course, it takes more than CGI or matte paintings to do the job.

Alone, Cloud City remains simplistic and darn believable til this very day. It doesn't matter if you were born in the 80s or the 2000s.

WORLD BUILDING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"