Blue Dragon 2 being prepared...

Fran

Banned User
Reaction score
...IF the first one does well in the United States as well.

From, once again, the latest EGM Rumor Mill.

The Xbox 360 is pretty successful here... but in Japan? Mmm, not so much. But at least the colorful role-playing game Blue Dragon lit up some sales overseas. Because of this, my Microsoft mole told me developer Mistwalker is already planning Blue Dragon 2... that is, if the game does well here, too.

i dont think it will. given to the fact of viva pinata poor sales. neither games attract the demograhpic that 360 has installed for itself.

:huh:

Comparing BD to VP? That doesn't make sense. I think it will succeed here.

Viva Pinata is a kids' game with a cartoon. Blue Dragon is an RPG.

:huh:

Comparing BD to VP? That doesn't make sense. I think it will succeed here.

Viva Pinata is a kids' game with a cartoon. Blue Dragon is an RPG.

yes blue dragon is RPG, still i don't think it'll garner much attention from gamers. i've heard great things abut it. but still

I think it will succeed as well. the name power alone will be enough to make good sales.

yes blue dragon is RPG, still i don't think it'll garner much attention from gamers. i've heard great things abut it. but still
You have to remember that Viva Pinata launched alongside Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas. I think it's understandable why it didn't sell well. Not to mention the kids were more likely getting Wiis instead of a console who's biggest draw is a collection of M rated titles for one game based on an unpopular TV show.

Fortunately for Blue Dragon, it's launching in the summer when the only promising game scheduled for release anywhere near it is Bioshock (bound to be a sleeper). So Blue Dragon should be able to stand out and get attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"