Stand-Alone Movies BOBA FETT and Young HAN SOLO Spin-Offs Being Planned?

Sony Hack: 10 New Developments
Diana Swartz said:
Columbia’s head of production speculates about Star Wars films.
The Daily Beast reported on a Sept. 20 email to Pascal from Columbia Pictures President of Production, Michael De Luca, which said Boba Fett is rumored to be the subject of one film,

Episode VII & IX Spoilers!
and Johnson's take will focus on Luke and Leia's storylines.

The in-canon Clone Wars TV show left Boba a bald preteen with a hodge pudge suit of unfamiliar armor.

I'd pay money to see a similarly motley young adult Boba get his armor, particularly if he got it by killing its previous owner. A similar idea was promised by that 1313 game that never got made.

Star-Wars-1313-8.jpg

Last edited:
The in-canon Clone Wars TV show left Boba a bald preteen with a hodge pudge suit of unfamiliar armor.

I'd pay money to see a similarly motley young adult Boba get his armor, particularly if he got it by killing its previous owner. A similar idea was promised by that 1313 game that never got made.

Star-Wars-1313-8.jpg

As upset as I am about the Boba cliffhanger in Clone Wars and the cancellation of 1313, I really hope whatever third attempt "they" do to tell a Boba story doesn't let us down.

So I finished watching the Clone Wars last night. Would anyone be interested in seeing Cad Bane in the Boba Fett stand alone film? I thought he was one of the best characters in the series, not counting everyone we already know.

I think he would make for an excellent villain if Boba Fett is the main character.

So I finished watching the Clone Wars last night. Would anyone be interested in seeing Cad Bane in the Boba Fett stand alone film? I thought he was one of the best characters in the series, not counting everyone we already know.

I think he would make for an excellent villain if Boba Fett is the main character.

Whether it's in the Boba Fett movie or one of the others, I'd definitely love to see Cad Bane in live action.

Bane also holds that title of "Best Bounty Hunter" in the galaxy, which has to fall to Boba somehow. And his louder, more obnoxious while still being cold nature would be great contrast with the stoic Boba from the OT. It'd be even more like the Man With No Name films.

And I'm thinking they could have fun with the narrative to show Lucas's confirmation of Boba's survival: we see the Battle over the sarlaac, we see Boba flashback for the film, then we see him escape at the end.

And I'm thinking they could have fun with the narrative to show Lucas's confirmation of Boba's survival: we see the Battle over the sarlaac, we see Boba flashback for the film, then we see him escape at the end.

I always thought the "timeline" that the Iron Man movie unfolded in would've worked perfectly for Boba's re-introduction/solo film.

The first Star Wars spin off will start filming at Pinewood as soon as SPECTRE is done. Not that far off now.

My casting choice for Bane would be Toby Kebbel (Koba from Dawn of the POTA and Doom from the upcoming Fantastic Four)

and since Trank is has been confirmed for one of the Spin-offs it shouldn't be that hard to make that work.

Another spin-off film previously in development was a young Han Solo story, but that project has been bumped back to avoid confusion. Harrison Ford will reprise his role as a lead character in this December’s The Force Awakens, and executives were concerned about the appearance of “rebooting” the character with the first stand-alone the very next year.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/13/star-wars-diego-luna-rogue-one

Do they really think that their audience is stupid enough to be "confused?" Oh who am I kidding, all of the studios think that their audience is that stupid, and it's annoying.

That being said, I don't think that we need a "Han Solo Begins" type of film. If it was essentially a film about Han and Chewie on another one of their wild adventures prior to meeting Luke and Obi Wan in ANH, then that could work. But I don't need to see a ton of Han's backstory, it isn't needed.

Do they really think that their audience is stupid enough to be "confused?" Oh who am I kidding, all of the studios think that their audience is that stupid, and it's annoying.

That being said, I don't think that we need a "Han Solo Begins" type of film. If it was essentially a film about Han and Chewie on another one of their wild adventures prior to meeting Luke and Obi Wan in ANH, then that could work. But I don't need to see a ton of Han's backstory, it isn't needed.

Mentor Figure: No, no, no. A criminal is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be disintegrated, or frozen in carbonite. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if the Empire can't stop you, then you become something else entirely.
Han Solo: Which is?
Mentor Figure: A smuggler, Mr. Solo.

:o

Last edited:
My casting choice for Bane would be Toby Kebbel (Koba from Dawn of the POTA and Doom from the upcoming Fantastic Four)

and since Trank is has been confirmed for one of the Spin-offs it shouldn't be that hard to make that work.

I cannot imagine anyone else besides corey burton doing that voice, but he isn't an on camera actor at all so i don't know . It could be a Darth Maul solution and have 2 actors playing him. But i would love to see him in the big screen with Bobba

I hope that this new director (who ever they get) saw 'Fury Road'. The strengths of Boba Fett prior to the Prequels was ambiguity. Just stepping out of the shadows and doing a job. Be a wrath, like Max.

^ Indeed.

And for what it's worth, Rian Johnson Tweeted a couple of days ago "GEORGE MILLER JUST TOOK US ALL TO SCHOOL". So there's one. :p

I hope that this new director (who ever they get) saw 'Fury Road'. The strengths of Boba Fett prior to the Prequels was ambiguity. Just stepping out of the shadows and doing a job. Be a wrath, like Max.

I don't see the appeal of Bobba without a back story and only mistery. In the OT He had a nice look but he got owned in like 3 seconds and got eaten. I think hes back story makes him a much more compelling character, and the clone wars makes it even better with all the mentor ship relationship with the other bounty hunters.

He can have that approach the movie for sure, but i dont want a race swap or character swap, or someone after him using the armor. I want Jangos son to be Bobba Fett, not a wannabe. I dont know what the plot could be but under a good director and if you add Cad Bane and make it a passing of the torch with a dark twist then i would be interested

And still we havent heard anything new in days, i dont even know if this is real anyway

Yeah, no origin, no backstory (more than we already have). Another film example would be stuff like the Sergio Leone westerns.

I don't know how many here read star wars #5, but how did you felt about Bobas portray? I thought it was way way too violent and without a code. I know he probably has gone through a lot with Bane and Aura Sing, but it felt kinda disturbing to see how violent he was with innocent people for no reason at all and the executions that he did. I never saw him as blood thirsty for the sake of it or particularly evil. I always saw him as a guy who did the job and was the best at it, but didn't get enjoyment out of the violence or was evil per se. Yes, he probably takes assassinations and all kids of bad stuff, but i dont remember a guy like Bane killing for the sake of it. Oh he did all sorts of evil **** in CW, but nothing like evil for the sake of it, the job was all to him and you didn't see him killing innocent people for the sake of it. This Boba felt way to blood thirsty for my taste, but maybe there is a reason for it? Something happened to him between CW and the OT to get to this point. I think there is a story to be told there somewhere

Boba, at least in the films, was kind of a cypher. We don't know anything about him really other than the implication that he's an infamous bounty hunter (Darth Vader singles him out in particular at one point, so even HE'S aware of it).

I'd kind of like to see Boba as being just kind of amoral/self-interested. He'll work for whoever pays him, be they good/bad/neutral, and he's only as ruthless/subtle as he needs to be at that particular time.

Boba, at least in the films, was kind of a cypher. We don't know anything about him really other than the implication that he's an infamous bounty hunter (Darth Vader singles him out in particular at one point, so even HE'S aware of it).

I'd kind of like to see Boba as being just kind of amoral/self-interested. He'll work for whoever pays him, be they good/bad/neutral, and he's only as ruthless/subtle as he needs to be at that particular time.

I agree with that, but in the comic there is just one scene in particular that i don't want to spoil , but it just too much even for him. He didn't have to be as ruthless as he was in that scene, there was no purpose to that level of cruelty from a job point of view. He was just violent for the sake of it, not cause of the job. I don't mean that he doesn't have to be this way, but what lead him to this level of amoral? taking all the canon we have, something very drastic happened between ROTS and ANH to get his head in that state. I would like to know that story personally

I need to read this latest issue then!

Oh its good, the Boba parts are great, and Luke's stuff as well. Han and Leia? eh not so much for me really, way to much dialogue and there is a moment were you will literally face palm yourself while reading it.

But the tatooine stuff is really good and the cliffhanger is crazy good

I agree about Boba's portrayal in the comic, i was surprised by how violent he could be with an innocent, not due to how he was portrayed in-universe, as it's realistic for a bounty hunter to be this cruel, but due to how he will be movies in the movies. We always knew Boba Fett was willing to do anything to get the mission done, but the way the comic used him made him look like a real villain, will be hard to make him the hero in a film without going against what the comcis have already shown.

That said, it's not impossible, but they will need to be very creative with how they handle it.

I agree about Boba's portrayal in the comic, i was surprised by how violent he could be with an innocent, not due to how he was portrayed in-universe, as it's realistic for a bounty hunter to be this cruel, but due to how he will be movies in the movies. We always knew Boba Fett was willing to do anything to get the mission done, but the way the comic used him made him look like a real villain, will be hard to make him the hero in a film without going against what the comcis have already shown.

That said, it's not impossible, but they will need to be very creative with how they handle it.

You can go to a period a little before than all this, when he wasn't as violent. We could see Cad Bane on screen as well, together on a mission or begin competitors for the same bounty and he takes back the slave 1. also the braids over his shoulder, they look more like padawan braids that wookie hair, and i think it would make thematically more sense cause of his hate for the Jedi order he got to hunt down some during the purge. I think you have to give him some likability, something to connect with the audience. I don't know of other films were the bad guy is the main guy and does nasty stuff all through the movie and you cant even relate to him.

Yeah its a tricky movie to get done

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"