Bolivar Trask is black?

This is stupid. Race has nothing to do with Trask or Kingpin and that's why it should be no big deal if they cast an actor who's black. With Kingpin there was no other actor with the size and acting ability anyway. True there are many others who could play Trask but his race is not essential in the casting process. It's not like he's an

This is stupid. Race has nothing to do with Trask or Kingpin and that's why it should be no big deal if they cast an actor who's black. With Kingpin there was no other actor with the size and acting ability anyway. True there are many others who could play Trask but his race is not essential in the casting process. It's not like he's an iconic character.

onejeremytogo said:
Actually, Trask WAS a major character for quite a while. We wouldn't have sentinels if it were not for him. He made MANY appearances back when the sentinels were first introduced and has been a common foe of the X-men since. Granted he's not as popular nowaday's and if you've just started reading the X comics since X1 came out you probably don't care much for the character or think he is a major character.
Yes but hes not somebody who is well known or that is ditinguished by their looks. Nobody in the theater will have a clue who Trask was from the comics and even if they did they probably wouldn't care.

Despite the triple post, I must agree, Tony!

tonytr1687 said:
This is stupid. Race has nothing to do with Trask or Kingpin and that's why it should be no big deal if they cast an actor who's black. With Kingpin there was no other actor with the size and acting ability anyway. True there are many others who could play Trask but his race is not essential in the casting process. It's not like he's an iconic
Agreed. :up:

the a1ant said:
It hasn't been official announced that Duke is playing Trask, but some keen eyed people on these forums found some interesting things.

Scroll down the page. You have to squint but it says Bill Duke is trask on the call sheet. The Official Bill Duke Casting Thread had a link to a page where Duke was listed on the casting sheet as Trask. You have to squint very hard to see it though, lol.

http://www.douglennox.com/bio-full.htm
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210420&highlight=Duke+Trask

It's also confirmed that Duke is involved with the government (sitting directly across from Beast)...

cap056.jpg

From: http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210420&page=12&highlight=Duke+Trask

All signs are pointing to yes, even though it hasn't officially been confirmed yet.
Ok, thanks :).

As long as Boliver Trask is still a mutant-racist who wants to get rid of the muties at any cost, I couldn't care less if he's black or white....

I stopped reading once he said that Kingpin was supposed to be short... :marv:

-TNC

I did too, but then I saw what other people said, and decided to join into the fun, TNC...

I also think it would be kinda interesting to see a black man who's anti-mutant. So far we've only seen rich white guys hating mutants.

tonytr1687 said:
I also think it would be kinda interesting to see a black man who's anti-mutant. So far we've only seen rich white guys hating mutants.
Hmmmmmm.... :up:

-TNC

Morgoth said:
So true. I've said it manytimes. They didn't make Blade white so they don't need to change others like Kingpin.
Except that there is a major difference here. Blade was created so that there would actually be representation for African-Americans. To change his ethnicity would totally misrepresent why he was made Black in the first place.

Kingpin was made white just because that's what most characters were/are in comics. He has nothing in his character that makes his being white important.

I don't see why we should view it as a bad thing.

Pyro's origins were changed, yet movie Pyro is a great iteration of Pyro in my opinion.

Avalanche said:
I don't see why we should view it as a bad thing.

Pyro's origins were changed, yet movie Pyro is a great iteration of Pyro in my opinion.

Indeed. I actually find movie Pyro to be ten times more interesting than comic Pyro.

tonytr1687 said:
Indeed. I actually find movie Pyro to be ten times more interesting than comic Pyro.

Eh, they are both interesting. Its just that one is different from the other, and its cool to see different versions of a character...

tonytr1687 said:
This is stupid. Race has nothing to do with Trask or Kingpin and that's why it should be no big deal if they cast an actor who's black. With Kingpin there was no other actor with the size and acting ability anyway. True there are many others who could play Trask but his race is not essential in the casting process. It's not like he's
exactly :) :up:

Wait a minute...What was Pyro's comic origin anyway?..I thought he just appeared out of nowhere in his late 20's/early 30's and had a stereotypical Australian dialect..

-TNC

Oh boy. There's already a stupid thread about making Iron Man black. (sigh) Now this. Next up will be a Vietnamese Paste Pot Pete.

cookiva said:
Ugh, am I the only person who hates people like this? In Kingpins case, why not go find a massive wrestler who cant act to play him? Why not get some random massive guy off the street, just so long as he is white. Is that what you want? MCD was perfect, PERFECT, for Kingpin.

Who cares what color their skin is. I cant think of anyone better than Duke to play Trask, personality wise. He plays these kinds of characters perfectly!

:up: ....

j alba as sue storm:up:

dania ramirez as callisto :up:

MCD as kingpin:up:

CHARACTERS are just that..CHARACTERS!...its the character that matters not the color of skin.... if they are true to chracter it matters not to me...

Another thread like this. Just give it a rest? For the love of god dude just give it a rest. This is subject been beaten like a dirty rug. No one here is even sure what character Duke is playing. It hasn't been confirmed that he's Trask, and if he is I sorry to the large legion of Trask fans, but the character just isn't that important to me to get all up in arms over his race being changed. The only real goal and purpose the man served was to create and introduce the Sentinals, outside of that he's not interesting at all to me.

DarthRekal said:
:up: ....

j alba as sue storm:up:

dania ramirez as callisto :up:

MCD as kingpin:up:

CHARACTERS are just that..CHARACTERS!...its the character that matters not the color of skin.... if they are true to chracter it matters not to me...

i dont think that j alba is such a good example because she had contacts and her hair was lighter, trying to make her look white/American

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"