Bond 25 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
EON seems to be in a perpetual state of drag-ass.

I'm just happy there's any news at all.

I have a crazy feeling Ed Sheeran might do the intro music for the next bond movie. I'm still hoping for paloma faith though!

According to Esquire [and a couple of other outlets running the story], Broccoli is confident that she has persuaded Craig to return for one more, also labeling Hiddleston as being 'too smug and not tough enough' for the role.

Jesus. I'm not interested in Craig returning if it's just paycheck driven. This always happens to Bond actors. By the end they're all too old and/or tired.

According to Esquire [and a couple of other outlets running the story], Broccoli is confident that she has persuaded Craig to return for one more, also labeling Hiddleston as being 'too smug and not tough enough' for the role.

Dont hold back, Brocoli. Just go ahead and call Hiddleston a punk *****. You clearly want to.:funny:

Eh, I would recast now and start fresh. They gonna have to do so after this one anyway.

Give Craig his "Logan" you bastahs

I would actually like that. Its never been done with this franchise. Have Bond go out with a bang in one final high stakes mission and legitimately kill the character at the end. Have the character buried beside Madeleine. Then take a 5 - 6 year break and bring in a new actor.

Although that would probably feed the fan theory that Bond is just a codename.

Fans (and Michael G Wilson) have been craving an adaptation of "You Only Live Twice" for decades now, and that's basically tailormade as a send off for the character whilst also leaving the door open for future endeavours. They've finally gotten the rights back to that story and they're at a point, both with Craig and the series, where they could pull off something that mature. The elements are there, they might as well use it to close out the current era of Bond.

Logan is popular and made money. They could do it. But for a Logan type last movie you also need the actor to lower his paycheck hehe ;)

No craig doesnt need to kower his paycheck to get a proper respectful sendoff like Logan.

Fans (and Michael G Wilson) have been craving an adaptation of "You Only Live Twice" for decades now, and that's basically tailormade as a send off for the character whilst also leaving the door open for future endeavours. They've finally gotten the rights back to that story and they're at a point, both with Craig and the series, where they could pull off something that mature. The elements are there, they might as well use it to close out the current era of Bond.

And afterwards, I hope Bond 26 and onwards take inspiration from the Dynamite Entertainment comics. Wouldn't hurt since Wilson doesn't want to touch the John Gardener and Raymond Benson books with a 10ft poll

You people are dreaming if you think EoN are going to kill off Bond.

They needn't kill off Bond to close out his arc.

And afterwards, I hope Bond 26 and onwards take inspiration from the Dynamite Entertainment comics. Wouldn't hurt since Wilson doesn't want to touch the John Gardener and Raymond Benson books with a 10ft poll

Absolutely. The writing has been so sharp and they've done a good job of keeping Bond very much in character with how Fleming wrote him, whilst updating things. The Felix Leiter spinoff is also pretty fantastic from what I've read of it and could be a great foundation for a film ifthey ever decided to get serious with the idea of doing a secondary film series to alternate with Bond releases.

I just want Craig to come back just to stick it to all the haters who were taking bets on Tom Hardy playing the next Bond and such.

I would actually like that. Its never been done with this franchise. Have Bond go out with a bang in one final high stakes mission and legitimately kill the character at the end. Have the character buried beside Madeleine. Then take a 5 - 6 year break and bring in a new actor.

Although that would probably feed the fan theory that Bond is just a codename.

Whilst that fan theory is interesting (and I've read it numerous times), I've never quite understood how people could get behind it. It means that Bond is essentially just a codename applied to multiple people, which means in turns that we must accept they all have similar characteristics - driven, charming, cold, stubborn, deadly, etc - and are all orphans, all went to boarding school, all have essentially identical motivations, all went through similar experiences, etc. Because that's how Bond has always had his background presented.

It's an interesting concept in that you could change certain things about Bond from film to film to suit the actor (which they have kinda done anyway, regardless) and feasibly explain it because it's a different person behind the 007 codename. It would allow more character depth and the ability to explore new angles in future. With 50yrs+ of films, one could argue that we've explored Bond as much as possible already.

However, with that said, I think it's too much of a stretch for Bond to be a succession of extremely similar people. As someone in the audience, I find it easier just to accept that Bond is one character who doesn't really age from generation to generation (though he may age slightly between any particular series of films) in a never-ending stream of movies, and he's played by a succession of different actors. And hopefully each actor will bring enough new ability and nuance to the role to make the character remain interesting to us.

Damn. :funny:

I feel like Craig already did his "Logan" Bond film with Skyfall.

Anyway, if Broccoli actually feels that way about Hiddleston, that's ridiculous. I'm sorry, but Pierce Brosnan never came off that "tough." Same with Roger Moore. And let's never forget about George Lazenby, though she can't be blamed for that one.

Lazenby was definitely tough. Physically he could give king Connery a run for his money but he'd definitely be able to kick the crap out of the other 4 actors as he was a genuine tough guy.

Maybe but he came across like a doofus in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"