Iron Man 3 Bonus Material on the IM3 DVD&BR

It would be cool if there was some rendered footage of War Machine Mark II cause it's on a lot of promotional material and so I assumed the transition from War Machine to Iron Patriot would be pretty major plot point and actually be shown.

There was a depiction from a website before the movie came out which showcased certain scenes that were actually in the film and there were images of the Mark 42 armor and War Machine Mark II flying together.

Wonder if that was in the script.

I wish they would include the scenes from the Chinese version. I seen the scene
at the end with the doctor and his assistant getting ready for surgery. But I have no clue what the two of them were even talking about, since I don't speak Chinese. :cwink: But I am curious what it had to do with the plot. It wasn't just a quick 5 second thing...it seemed they were talking about something important.

I really wish they would release a trilogy box set. I don't think it will happen soon because surely it would be announced this close to the release date.

It was something like:

"If we kill him we'll be...like...known for it."
"Nah...I'm giving you a no-kill guarantee."

I believe that was the gist.

I don't think the Sex Tape was filmed, it was just in a early script. Still would like to see the other 45 minutes of footage though.

Remember the super in-depth making of featurette we got on the IM1 Blu-Ray? Yeah, I wish they still put that much effort into these discs.

Remember the super in-depth making of featurette we got on the IM1 Blu-Ray? Yeah, I wish they still put that much effort into these discs.
Marvel has really been cutting their BTS stuff on the home releases way down. With how long they film these movies and how much goes into them, you'd expect they'd have quite a bit of footage to make longer extras.

I don't think we are missing anything. In the commentary they talk about how some of the dialogue scenes were 10 minutes long and the original cut was over 3 hours. They then pared it down to 2 hours.

It was just an assembly cut or workprint like the boring 4 hour version of Apocalypse Now.

But I'm sure they're saving something for the Phase 2 boxset.
Don't find it boring at all.

That was on the DVD as well, going from that to what was on the Iron Man 2 dvd was quite disheartening. I really despised the shift in about 2008 or so of counting the "digital copy" as a special feature and not including anything else. Blurays may fit more information but that didn't stop the amount of features that used to be included.

It's a shame that there isn't a U.S. steelbook release of the Iron Man 3 Bluray, when lots of other countries are getting one plus extra exclusives for the movie.

I have the Australian blu ray Steelbook release. It only comes in the Steelbook in 2d edition which is all I need.

I wish they would include the scenes from the Chinese version. I seen the scene
at the end with the doctor and his assistant getting ready for surgery. But I have no clue what the two of them were even talking about, since I don't speak Chinese. :cwink: But I am curious what it had to do with the plot. It wasn't just a quick 5 second thing...it seemed they were talking about something important.
We are going to get those scenes in the form of a Marvel One Shot called "The Prologue", which will probably be on the Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray. I don't know exactly why they didn't just put it on the Iron Man 3 Blu-ray, but since "Agent Carter" deals with S.H.I.E.L.D, they probably wanted to get that out there quickly to tie it into "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D".

Why is it that certain foreign markets are getting it nearly a full month in advance of the US release date? Don't get Marvel's thinking on this. I'd understand a week or two but a month is just crazy.

watched the features today very disappointed with lack of them :-( as someone else said the original iron man 1 blu ray had nice indepth docks and features. only a 10minute making off for such a big film :-(

watched the features today very disappointed with lack of them :-( as someone else said the original iron man 1 blu ray had nice indepth docks and features. only a 10minute making off for such a big film :-(
Marvel has really been shorting us on the extras. The last release that had any substance to it was probably IM2, which still had nearly an hour of BTS stuff.

Avengers had tons of stuff as I recall. Even more on the Phase 1 set.

Hell no it didn't, tons of them maybe, but they were all very short segments.

Avengers had tons of stuff as I recall. Even more on the Phase 1 set.
But compared to like IM1 or IM2, it had almost nothing. Showed almost nothing of the building of props/stages, actual BTS of film scenes, sound/video editing process, BTS look at VFX process, and cast interviews.

Why is it that certain foreign markets are getting it nearly a full month in advance of the US release date? Don't get Marvel's thinking on this. I'd understand a week or two but a month is just crazy.

Some have said that it was because of piracy issues in those countries that they released the bluray/dvd early.

But compared to like IM1 or IM2, it had almost nothing. Showed almost nothing of the building of props/stages, actual BTS of film scenes, sound/video editing process, BTS look at VFX process, and cast interviews.
Yeah i was sad that it lacked so much. For such a big film especially

The official Jarvis companion app was just released today on the App Store for iPhone. It's says that it will sync up with the blu ray and revel bonus content. I wish apple would partner up with Marvel and realese Siri with Jarvis's voice. The app had Paul Bettany's voice and that responds to your voice commands like Siri. It even tells you the weather and stuff. It also gives you cool Jarvis ring tones for text messages, phone calls, and emails. Overall, I decent free app to promote the movies, blu ray/DVD release.

The official Jarvis companion app was just released today on the App Store for iPhone. It's says that it will sync up with the blu ray and revel bonus content. I wish apple would partner up with Marvel and realese Siri with Jarvis's voice. The app had Paul Bettany's voice and that responds to your voice commands like Siri. It even tells you the weather and stuff. It also gives you cool Jarvis ring tones for text messages, phone calls, and emails. Overall, I decent free app to promote the movies, blu ray/DVD release.

Yeah, I downloaded it this morning. It's pretty nifty. I saw on some sites that people had unlocked all the armors in the app early, without the Blu-Ray. Does anyone know how to do that?

Yeah, I downloaded it this morning. It's pretty nifty. I saw on some sites that people had unlocked all the armors in the app early, without the Blu-Ray. Does anyone know how to do that?

I was wondering the sane thing.

I was wondering the sane thing.

Actually, I just saw that if you put the app into listening mode and say "J.A.R.V.I.S., all suits." it unlocks them all. I just tried it and it definitely works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"