Bonus Material on the IM3 DVD&BR

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by R_Hythlodeus, May 14, 2013.

1. Robert Stark

Robert Stark New Member

That's weird. My phone and BD player are on the same wifi and it connects pretty much immediately. Maybe restart your router?

2. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

So is the Thor 2 sneak peek any good? I can't afford the DVD yet

3. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

Its okay. Pretty much what we've seen already. I wouldn't sell anything for extra cash to buy it right now to see it.:oldrazz::woot:

I haven't watch the Iron Man Unmasked or the Deconstructing The Air Force One scene yet. The deleted scenes were okay. I'm just excited to see this on my HDTV finally. I love this movie. If little to nothing or things from IM3 tie so vaguely into A2 then it will probably cheapen the movie for me after Phase 2 is all revealed. I'll still love the movie, but it might make me dislike it a little more. I know it was a stand alone film, but it's plot just has to have something integral to do with Phase 2 or at least Phase 3. Fingers crossed.

4. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

Also wanted to add that I am really disappointed that they didn't have some kind of gallery that had all the new armors or showed The Cellar. Very disappointing. I'm willing to bet they just made armors, named a few and just threw them in their for awe effect. The creativity platform was there, but they chose to leave it vacant. Did I mentioned that I am disappointed...I couldn't remember.

5. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

So I'm finally listening to the director's commentary on the BluRay, and I have to say that I like hearing what Shane Black and Drew Pearce have to say about the Mandarin/Killian (it's right around where Tony has the panic attack in Rose Hill after looking at the explosion site).

We may have heard it before, but they basically give their rationale for how they created the Mandarin for the film, and why they adapted it the way they did. Pearce even says that he's sorry it upset fans, but hopes that it makes sense to people.

Edit: Shane Black also says that he hopes Trevor Slattery shows up again in the MCU :)

6. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Really disappointed with the lack of special features that Marvel is putting out on their home releases now. They seem to have a lot of B-roll cameras filming the BTS stuff for press release stuff that I'm surprised they don't do more with it. It seems after IM2, they just started skimping on stuff and putting all their effort into the Marvel One Shots.

7. Synaptic Flow

Synaptic Flow Well-Known Member

Bonus features are far too lacking. I blame only Disney for this, not Marvel.

8. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

Which is sad. Agent Carter is great. I actually want to see something continue from this...like the beginnings of S.H.I.E.L.D. The others... :barf:

Item 47 sucked. Maybe it will play a role later on...time will tell.

And yeah, how hard is it to throw B-Roll stuff on? They don't even have to narrate it. The second screen app is stupid too. I have to have an Iphone in order to have access to a feature on a Blu ray I own. They are so cheap...they keep selling IM1 & 2 on Blu ray for $20. They are 5 & 3 years old now...they need to be discounted. :sbr: I'm done now.:woot:

9. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

Yeah. I wish we'd get more features like the IM1 dvd. Features on Iron Man's history, behind the scenes with the musical score, more deleted scenes (the ones they released were lackluster, for the most part), more BTS footage, etc; so forth. It's better than the Avengers Special Features.

10. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

I agree, I am dispointed in the lack of special features from these recent Marvel Movie releases. Sadly, I think I know the reason behind it. I feel as though they are going barebones with special features on these realese because they plan to do a box sets ( like the phase 1 set with the suitcase and extra bonus features). So they probably are gonna do the same with phase 2 movies and beyond. However, the Marvel one shot Agent Carter is good and the commentary is great. I like how Shane Black explains the reasoning behind the mandarin twist and other insights into the film. The rest of the special features here are so so.

11. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Probably as good of an explanation as any for them skimping on extras.

12. A Necessary Evil

The commentary was very fun to listen to. I would still love to see the 3 hour, 15 minute cut too. Shame that (most) of the deleted scenes they showed us were pointless. Really would have preferred anything else other than Joan Rivers/Bill Mahr clips.

13. TacomaTruck90

TacomaTruck90 Well-Known Member

Since they revealed A2 is going to be about Ultron, Iron Man 3 plot and stuff done in it makes a lot more sense...for example Stark making an Iron Man suit that he doesn't need to be in...im assuming that's the prototype for ultron..and my assumption will be that instead of being iron-man and having the avengers he make ultron the fight battles the world cant...when that goes wrong I guess he will done mark 42 I don't recall it getting blown up at the end...

as for the special features one of the reason I liked getting Nolan Batman Blu-Rays were amount of special features on them and showing how the film was made and some of reason behind what they did...I assume MOS will be relatively the same....Disney could benfit from this I think it make there movies more profitable, Iron Man 2 blu ray has like 90 minutes of special features and there pretty interesting.

14. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

He blew up Mark 42 when he put Killian in it. It was destroyed too.

15. A Necessary Evil

Yep, and I know Feige said he was against it, but I'd love if he made an Extremis suit, but unlike the comics, instead of taking it to better himself and having a new suit, I'd like to see him making it to combat Extremis.

16. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I asked this question in another thread but it didn't get answered so I figure this is a better place for it.

Does anyone know how many units this film has sold on Dvd/Blu-Rather y?

17. Morbius

Morbius Living Vampire

I got so excited when I saw the Hulk buster suit - if there's one suit that should have survived it had to be that one /cries
    It's appearance in the trailer had me hoping for an appearance of The Hulk for the entire movie - I guess that's why I loved the after credits scene so much

18. A Necessary Evil

Actually, Black confirmed in commentary that although it resembles the Hulkbuster, it really isn't. It's just Igor.

19. BadrHari

BadrHari Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what dvd has the Iron Man trailers on it ?? Blu Ray? DVD ??

20. A Necessary Evil

Iron Man, and the Iron Man bluray. :oldrazz:

21. giveyourself12%

giveyourself12% Team Walt

In the trailer, when Igor busts through the building, they put the Hulk's roar from The Avengers over it. Thanks, Shane Black...mislead again!!:doh: :oldrazz:

Edit: Er...um...mislead again...Shane Black...I dare you!! Erm...misLED...again, we were...by things in the trailer...that didn't pan out...in.....the..........film.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  22. A Necessary Evil

23. GRangerPrimeNYC

GRangerPrimeNYC AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Can't believe the price for this hasn't dropped yet, not even a sale price for Black Friday.

24. Gr0oT

Gr0oT I AM GROOT

I know I'm talking of having incredible patience here but why not just wait for the inevitable Phase 2 boxset?

Sure it's probably not going to see the light of day until 2016 but it'll have all that the individual releases have that is relevant and you wont double dip.

Meanwhile I just PVR the films when they come on tv and watch the one-shots online.

25. GENERAL RAAM582

GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

Yeah, I'm waiting for Phase 2. I never really waited for Phase 1, but I just didn't own any of the movies and that came out and I'm a sucker for collections like that so I got it. Knowing that that is probably their plan, I shall wait till the Phase 2 Set.

Not too mention, none of the movies are worth owning so far anyway. :dry: