Borderlands - The Movie

What’s the over/under on this actually being good? I’ve never played the game so I’m not sure what to expect. Video game movies obviously have a bad track record but Blanchett gives me hope. Not sure I can buy Kevin Hart as a badass though.

I have never played the games. But I am kind of interested in seeing how the film looks.

The cast is certainly strong, especially the female leads. I didn’t even realize Janina Gavankar was in it until today.

But... Eli Roth... :omg:

The cast is promising and Borderlands is a fun world to tell crazy stories in.

But where's mah boi Handsome Jack?

Mark me down as another that is aware of the games but never played them. I'll definitely give this a look, but wouldn't be theater worthy to me personally.

Kind of like how I was with Monster Hunter. Knew it was game based but never played the game and ended up watching it on streaming.

However, that lil "Bot" there and the character silhouettes scream "I'm not afraid to stick to the source material" and a lot... Escuse me.... A LOT of video games movies are scared of doing that. So that could be a very good sign.

BORDERLANDS Star Florian Munteanu Teases "Violent And Vicious" Krieg And Says Fans Will Be Happy (Exclusive)

"The character, Krieg, I’m telling you, that was a lot of fun to play," the actor enthused. "Playing the two personalities, his craziness, and being violent and vicious when it comes to fighting, but at the same time, giving the character heart...maybe people won’t expect that. We know from the games he has a lot of heart, but maybe he just can’t express it. That’s what makes him also very funny, so the character in total has everything. He’s violent, his fighting style is intimidating and vicious, he’s funny and will show heart as well, so it’s the whole package."

"I was honoured to be next to such an amazing cast. I still feel that I’m at the beginning of my career, so being lined up with legends like Cate, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Hart, Arianna, who was unbelievable, elevated me to the next level. I’m working with the best in the game, so that made me better," Florian continued, highlighting the movie's A-List cast.

"The world that Eli, our director, created, I just don’t see how people can’t like that. I know in the gaming world, people are very restricted if it comes to a movie adaptation of computer games because there weren’t too many good ones so far. This one, we have a blockbuster right there. It has everything: the tone of the game? We adapted that. It has that black humour to it, and at the same time it’s violent as that’s what we want when it comes to Borderlands."

After praising Jack Black, he added that "we get to know a little backstory for everyone,"and promised that "the gaming world will be pleased and the regular fans or audience who don’t know anything about the game will love it as well. You can be very excited for that one."

Florian seems like a cool guy. Its just funny that he’s the size of a mountain, and yet this movie also has a guy so huge that he makes him look average-sized, lol.

Okay because the movie is coming I decided to try one of these games. I didn't know what order the games were in so ended up getting a copy of the Handsome Collection which I now know is BL2. I heard the story isn't the best for 1 so I just caught up online.

I swore off FP games a while ago as I just didn't enjoy them anymore, but man I am having a ton of fun with BL2. Really looking forward to the movie now especially as Claptrap looks so spot on!

Last edited:
Was wondering what had happened to this. Finished B2 before Xmas which was my first Borderlands game so hope the movie turns out good.

5tcmcctkurjc1.jpeg

Well the characters look absolutely spot on at least. This movie has been a long time coming.

I’ll be honest, I’m not a huge gamer so when I saw this poster and a trailer coming, I could’ve sworn this had already come out.

Then I googled and realized I mixed it up with Twisted Metal.

Trailer is up. Definitely going for a James Gunn vibe. As a big fan of Gunn’s movies, I like that kind of vibe but does that tone fit this series? Haven’t played the games so I don’t know. But I’m liking what I’m seeing. Kind of GOTG meets Mad Max meets Tank Girl.

Anyway, no surprise that Eli (hack) Roth jumped ship and let a real director finish the movie.

I have never played the game at all and have zero idea what it’s even about honestly. But this looks fun to me. Like a mix of Mad Max with Guardians.

Hhhhmmm decent trailer and Blanchett looks spot on as Lilith. Still not liking Hart as Roland don’t dislike Hart it’s just a casting mis match for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"