Borderlands - The Movie

So I see some totally not sexist fans of the game are saying that the movie is a failure because the female characters are too old. Lol.

So I see some totally not sexist fans of the game are saying that the movie is a failure because the female characters are too old. Lol.
They're in their 20s in the games. There's was always going to be backlash. I looked at the casting as Eli Roth getting to work with actors he's always wanted to above all else. I'll watch Jamie Lee in anything. My biggest issue with the casting is Kevin Hart but it's not a deal breaker.

Isn’t Hollywood always wanting to cast younger. I’ll take two time Oscar winner Cate Blanchett over flavor of the month starring in this lol

Borderland fans should be so lucky.

Mostly I just thought Cate seemed pretty flat in that trailer. Her voice over was just kinda lacking? I don't know if it was her accent not quite sounding right or the delivery but yeah, my worry would be less about the age difference for the character and more about her comedy chops? Because the age of the character shouldn't really matter if the writing and acting is still sharp and funny? But the trailer didn't really sell me on any of the characters, which is a worry because Borderlands done right should have loads of funny little sharp moments.

Borderlands 3 was on sale so I bought it and started a playthrough. I’m not too far into it yet but in the interactions I’ve had with Lilith so far, I can easily see Cate fitting into this character. She seems a little more cynical perhaps than the video game version but that’s just what we’ve gotten from a couple minutes of footage. And regarding this bull**** age issue… the actress voicing Lilith in that game was in her late 30s when it came out (and she looks it during the scenes where you have visions of her, even if the character model who runs around with you in the game looks a little younger) so I don’t see Cate’s age being a problem. It also makes sense that she would be a little older since she’s the leader of this badass merc group.

Anyway, I’m not trying to paint myself as some expert on these games (again, I’ve only started playing them) but I just had to chime in over the “age problem” after playing a bit. Now, I will say that Eli Roth helming this thing (at least for a while) concerns me. I recently watched Thanksgiving and I thought it was abysmal (I have no idea how that pile of crap got good reviews) and he’s never made anything that I felt was particularly good so this might turn out to be a total stinker. But I’m hoping for the best here.

Ariana Greenblatt says she drew inspiration from Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn when playing Tiny Tina in ‘BORDERLANDS.’

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"