Borderlands 2

Details about Ultimate Vault Hunter mode:

Exciting changes are coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013!

As you may have heard, the team has been hard at work to raise the level cap -- an effort that required re-balancing, re-tuning and re-testing the entire game -- along with adding a third playthrough, more ammo upgrades, additional backpack slots and more!

Here's what players on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can expect that day:

Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)
Adds new items to the Black Market:
One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
Various bug fixes.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack
(Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)
Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

Check back soon for a detailed look at the gameplay changes in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode along with details on the various bug fixes in the update, and don't forget there's more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June!
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/

I'm glad they are upping the black market stuff too. More storage is always welcome.

Awesome!! Looks like it's back to Pandora next week.

More details:

Among the level cap increase and various other changes coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013 is a new playthrough -- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode -- built for challenging high-level play.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode differs quite a bit from Normal Mode and True Vault Hunter Mode -- here's a quick rundown of the major changes:

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details:
Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
No more tutorial missions -- characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the "Cleaning Up the Berg" mission.
While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player's current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.

Gameplay changes in UVHM:
Enemy health generally increased 4x.
Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/

level caps been finally been raised.

Borderlands 2 level cap raise available now for a fee

(1 hour ago)

Borderlands 2's "Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack" is available now for $5 (400 Microsoft Points) on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. For those with the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, this piece of DLC is included in the bundle.

The new pack increases the level cap from 50 to 61, unlocks new game ++ with the "Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode" and adds the pearlescent-colored weapons tier. The pearlescent tier is the rarest in the game, which we guess makes it epically uber?

Borderlands 2 is slowly wrapping up its downloadable content with the (not season pass eligible) Psycho Pack this May and a final piece of campaign DLC expected in June. Continue Reading

source: Joystiq

I made my own thread after my failed search turned up nothing :(

I like the universe the games and comic have constructed. It has humor, sociopathy, and even mystery. How are Sirens made? Why can there only be six? What mechanism causes that? What's a Seraph? Who were the Eridians? What year does it take place in?

I'm hoping the next DLC with T.K. Baha isn't too short, but the description we have so far makes it seem pretty minimal. I'm also hoping there's one last big DLC attacking the Hyperion moon base so they can start focusing on a next gen Borderlands 3. Hopefully the next game makes it actually possible to play solo (although I obviously prefer coop, I can't depend on other people to play it).

I made my own thread after my failed search turned up nothing :(

I like the universe the games and comic have constructed. It has humor, sociopathy, and even mystery. How are Sirens made? Why can there only be six? What mechanism causes that? What's a Seraph? Who were the Eridians? What year does it take place in?

I'm hoping the next DLC with T.K. Baha isn't too short, but the description we have so far makes it seem pretty minimal. I'm also hoping there's one last big DLC attacking the Hyperion moon base so they can start focusing on a next gen Borderlands 3. Hopefully the next game makes it actually possible to play solo (although I obviously prefer coop, I can't depend on other people to play it).

The only thing you can't really do solo is killing the raid bosses (at least I can't). I've done everything else in both games by myself.

I figured out how to get matchmaking to work, so it's not as much of an issue. Who hoo!

Just got around to finishing Borderlands 2 and finished 3 out of 4 DLCs. Really get why this is so popular now. Love the game and the humour is consistently good. A lot of great characters too.

On what platform should i get this? PC or Console?

On what platform should i get this? PC or Console?

it's well done on all of them. but the best deals might be on pc via steam. I think they put up a special on psn for it can't remember but you may want to look into it. I'd also say hold off til the goty edition.

The GOTY edition is on sale on Steam for $14.99.

Great deal for GOTY. You have to play the Dragon keep DLC.

I just got the GOTY edition for the PS3, but I see that they're still releasing DLC for this. Is there a recent list or something online that breaks down what is and isn't available on the GOTY disc?

[YT]smFJaRWwvRs[/YT]

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced

2K Games and Gearbox Software have officially confirmed that Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel will be available this fall for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. The next game in Gearbox's loot-happy series will take place between Borderlands and Borderlands 2 on the moon and the Hyperion space station. The game will tell the story of Handsome Jack’s rise to power and players will get to take control of four new characters: Athena the Gladiator, Wilhelm the Enforcer, Nisha the Lawbringer, and Claptrap, the Fragtrap, the last surviving Claptrap unit from Borderlands 2. When in control of Claptrap players will have a lower camera angle, but also have access to new abilities to make up for it.As was revealed in the leak earlier this week, Oxygen will play an important role on the moon. Players will expend oxygen at around one point per second, and can can replenish it with ”ozkits” found on enemies and in the environments, or by resting in visible oxygen bubbles. The moon also means low gravity, which will affect how your character moves while traversing the landscape. Luckily, the development team is giving characters an oxygen fueled jetpack to help them quickly move around.Of course, low gravity and oxygen doesn’t just affect player characters, it also influences enemies. A big enough blast will knock enemies out of orbit sending them hurtling into space and cracking an enemy’s helmet means that they can no longer take in oxygen and will slowly suffocate to death. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is in development at 2K Australia, with help from Gearbox Software. The game has apparently been in development since March 2013. You may be wondering why The Pre-Sequel isn’t coming to Xbox One and PS4. Well Gearbox President Randy Pitchford has an answer for that. “It’s not free to build a game for next-gen,” he explained to Eurogamer. “So when we decide where to spend our resources, we want to spend all of the attention we can on the game itself.
“If you try to image the set of Borderlands players who have already upgraded, that’s not 100 per cent. But if you try to image the set of Xbox One or PS4 owners who do not have an Xbox 360 or a PS3, the difference there is so close to nil you can’t make a business rationalization around that.”

and

Preview

BL04082014-300.jpg
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel- First Details, Video, Screens

2K Australia is creating a new Borderlands experience with a narrative that fits between the first two games in the series.
More

Source: EPN.TV & GI

When it has it own name, it'll have it's own thread.

You smell it, don’t you Slappy? It’s Borderlands 2

Synopsis: the San Francisco team play this on the vita it incudes all the DLC and your can port your save data from your console to it, but both the frame rate and the controls are problematic more details are in this video review.

BEN's score 6,0 JOSE's score 7,0

and and anarticle from Game Informer.

GI Rating7
Borderlands 2

ngp-icon.png

on May 16, 2014 at 06:45 PM

Even with most of the same content intact, Borderlands 2 on Vita is a substantially diminished experience.
... more

Source:EPN.TV & GI

still on some one else's pc but I'm making due

I never even thought it would work well.

I picked it up and other than some menu lag and longer load times, it runs just fine. I'll play it more once the PS3 version's cross-save patch goes live.

I never even thought it would work well.

well let try and remember though scores of 6- 7 are in the good zone like 6=fair to 7 =good which is where their place is at . It's when they dip below the score of 5 which mediocre then there are problems or at the 5 it's self . there are reservations with fair to good's as they said yeah there things that can be improved upon other wise still it there it means still check it out and see if you like if your self. And it's what they're saying that lead up to the score that's more important and I do look into the game to see if I agree with what they said or not.

Last edited:
I really want to try this game out for the Vita but I am hearing some really bad things about it being glitchy and buggy

well let try and remember though scores of 6- 7 are in the good zone like 6=fair to 7 =good which is where their place is at . It's when they dip below the score of 5 which mediocre then there are problems or at the 5 it's self . there are reservations with fair to good's as they said yeah there things that can be improved upon other wise still it there it means still check it out and see if you like if your self. And it's what they're saying that lead up to the score that's more important and I do look into the game to see if I agree with what they said or not.

I don't care about a number; I find I love games they give a 3 and hate games given 10. My complaints are: Dumbed down AI, reduced enemies, two players instead of four... bad controls.

so what's your verdict about the vita version now?

I got it on the ps vita. There is a 300mo update. It works just fine with it. I had Borderlands 1 on ps3, and right now, borderlands 2 on ps vita runs just as fine.

It's really fun to pplay this on a handheld, and you can customize the controls.

it does look great too. It must be said though, that I have an Oled ps vita.

Borderlands 2 is now backwards compatible on X1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"