Borderlands 2

Well with this the solo players parts better too plus story is as well as the co-op. So it's win, win with this game.

Last edited:
Depends what you want out of your game, though. The problem with GOTY on a game like this is that you miss a huge portion of the online aspect because by the time GOTY comes out people have moved on.

Unless you don't care about doing loot runs and stuff, in which case it wouldn't matter.
Yeah, but for that you can buy the regular game and play it till the GOTY comes out. Just don't buy the DLC and then sell your regular copy when you buy the GOTY. Because DLC only ever goes to about half price you can save a lot. Also you can then sell it when you're done unlike DLC. I don't often do it as I like to keep most of my games & I've also already bought nearly every DLC that has ever been on sale, even for games I don't own lol.

I'm surprised games companies haven't wised up to this as I've never even seen the words GOTY mentioned in a forum without someone saying they're waiting for the GOTY. If they didn't guarantee that a GOTY was going to come out every time it would no longer encourage people to wait.

I remember buying Mafia II before the Greatest Hits Director's Cut was supposed to be released, but that was the version that was delivered to me. I only $20, but it also had all of the DLC packs for that game, which were worth about $30. So instead of buying everything separately at its original price, I save a lot, which made me happy because that game would have been much more disappointing had I paid full price.

I lost my Red Dead disc but I can get a new one with all the DLC (that I paid full price for and didn't play yet) for almost nothing.

On a more relevant note my Borderlands 2 arrived today! Anyone tried the new DLC out today?

Started playing, pretty cool so far. Gonna wait before getting too far though till a few other guys are ready to do it co-op.

If you need a 4th, I've got a few characters who would probs be ready to jump in :p

If you need a 4th, I've got a few characters who would probs be ready to jump in :p
I think we do! Will give you a shout, cheers. Just waiting on one guy to get his copy.

Anthony Burch (lead writer) and Matt Armstrong (designer) did a Q&A on Reddit, you can read it here.

I decided to take a break from the original Borderlands for a bit, since all that's left is the DLC, basically leveling up, the Underdome, Crawermax and MINAC all of which I don't have much patience for right now. So starting played Borderlands 2, it's good, I just need to find some good guns. Nothing I've found yet has really clicked, I've got four awesome guns I use in the first and not having those now is really bumming me out, also do you get contact grenades in this one, really missing those? I'm using the Mechromancer and really liking her though and overall the game is fun. I've just found Firehawk, doing her Cult side missions before heading back to the storyline missions.

If they release a new character down the line or increase the level cap that will pull me back to BL2 in an instant. Kinda stupid IMO that the cap didnt go up by 5 or something per DLC.

I think they should raise the level cap to at least 100. BL 2 is the kinda game where it doesn't matter if you being able to get ALL the abilities would make it seem unbalanced since there will always be crazy ass raid bosses still stronger than you, it's a game about the fun more than anything. I think considering the amount of time it would take to max out your level, you deserve to be a little OP.

Actually they just did in an article on IGN I believe. They plan on increasing the cap in Q1 next year, probably with the final DLC.

Pretty stupid way to do it IMO. I would've bought the season pass if every DLC had a 5 cap increase or something. At least it'd be more incentive to keep playing. I mean, I love my Mechromancer...I don't want to play a diff character every DLC just to have fun leveling them.

Actually they just did in an article on IGN I believe. They plan on increasing the cap in Q1 next year, probably with the final DLC.

Pretty stupid way to do it IMO. I would've bought the season pass if every DLC had a 5 cap increase or something. At least it'd be more incentive to keep playing. I mean, I love my Mechromancer...I don't want to play a diff character every DLC just to have fun leveling them.

Yeah, doing some searching shows that they are going to up the cap independent of the paid DLC and also add a third-playthrough linked with the level cap increase. They are also possibly planning another season of DLC.

Been playing BL2 for about a week now. Great game, just as good as the first. Love all the references in it as well. Gotta love that Handsome Jack too, heh what a *****e. I think the guns in the first game are better though.

Some multi-use codes for Golden Keys. Expire tomorrow so hurry up & put them in! Edit: you can use all 3
W3KTJ-FZ9CS-XS6BR-K6JJ3-XCFXT
WBKJT-SSZ5S-6S6B6-5FTTB-X5KSC
WT53J-RJBXZ-6Z636-56J3B-RJ39R
You need to load the game up, go to Extras, *Shift Code*, sing up & approve the terms etc. Then when signed up hit X and you can enter the codes 5 characters at a time.

I guess this is for 360, don't know if PS3 codes work the same way. Worth a try if they do.

Last edited:
Sweet.

I picked up the Seasons Pass when it went on sale the other day. When they increase the cap I'll play through them all.

I love that they're going to add another season of DLC.

I hate how we've all just kind of accepted the convention of 4 dlc packs per game. It means devs are now planning for ONLY 4 dlc packs in advance and there's a strong risk the value of all four packs doesn't quite add up to the price of a season pass etc.

One game I'm worried about this for is Assassins Creed 3. I have a feeling the Tyrany of George Washington is going to be basically be one big expansion they just cut into 3, smaller pieces.

I love how Gearbox are just like "Screw it, let's keep making DLC"

I didn't even know about the Gear Up event this weekend. BOO!!

Apparently today only Verm spawns a lot more frequently, too. But you need 2+ players and all my buds have moved on from this game.

putting this up before I forget

Gearbox: Borderlands 2 level cap increase by March

hX+zQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

QGpQgZMnTwIAc6M3U4ObOZEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Comments 17
at 02:06am January 17 2013
The latest adventure for Borderlands 2′s Vault Hunters involves knocking the loot-stuffing out of Pandora’s deadliest creatures in the Sir Hammerlock DLC, but why stop the madness there? Gearbox has planned a level cap increase beyond 50 for some time, and speaking to Official PlayStation Magazine UK, Gearbox Producer James Lopez said we’ll see more levels sometime during the year’s first quarter which ends in March.

source: PC Gamer

Finally got a chance to play this over the weekend, and I'm absolutely loving it. It reminded me of how much I loved the first one. This has quickly jumped to the top of my must-buy list. I still want to buy the GOTY version of the first one just so I can fully complete that one first.

I'm playing as a Siren, but how is the Mecromancer like? I was really looking forward to that when I first heard about it.

She's pretty cool. You summon a robot that can fight for you, and I believe heal you as well.

Mechromancer is my fave class by far. She's tricky to learn but her damage is absolute beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"