Bought and Thought 1/2

On the other hand, I loved the first issue so my ability to care what the book is called is quite muted.

Pretty much. The title "New Avengers" didn't make sense for the old book either, not years after Bendis' initial relaunch.

New Avengers #1: I love Black Panther so I really liked the focus he got. If it wasn't for his perspective I probably wouldn't have liked the issue. I guess I have issues with the premise. It's just a bunch of men who are morally righteous and full of themselves. I don't care to see how the world is run by people like Captain America or Iron Man. Seriously? Captain 'Merica? At least Black Panther seems to be addressing these issues. I look forward to more Namor.

I still don't know how I feel about Hickman's writing style. I can't quite tell if it's intelligent or if it's shallow.

All New X-men #5: Great issue. The more focus the O5 get the better the issues are. I think the main reason why I like this series so much is because it's such a soap opera, which reminds me of classic stories. The rise, maintaining, and fall of relationships is at the centre of the series. The X-men at the Jean Grey School feel like a family now, while I'm still really intrigued by revolutionary Cyclops. Jean is really bringing idealism and progress back to the team, and Kitty has grown enormously as a character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"