Bought/Thought 05/12/07

Yeah... not really winning me over on her there. But I don't plan on reading X-Force or New X-Men after MC, so it's all good.

It'd suck if Angel lost his healing ability. I liked that aspect of the character, since he's no longer any use whatsoever offensively.
Lol. It's true. Angel is kinda pointlass now.:csad: His wings are awesome though.:up:

He saved people from the fires/explosions in Alaska. He also made a good team with Kurt when they terrorized the Marauders by dropping and catching them. :up:
Saving people isn't offensive.

If any of the Marauders had hit him, he would've died. I like Angel as much as the next good Christian, but all he does now is fly around and punch people. I actually preferred him with the Soulsword, at least.

X-23 reminds me a LOT of Batgirl when she first came out, actually.

I bought Girls volume 1 and 2.

Impulse buy and my comic shop sucks for Thor trades.

I also for some reason bought The Twelve #0 despite me looking through it seeing that ALL of it had been on Newsarama and deciding not to buy it. Somehow my arm didn't decide to put it back on the shelf.

Damn, I forgot I got The Twelve #0, too. I haven't read the reprint stories in it yet.

Countdown: Arena #1
My reaction to this was both shockingly simple and exactly what I thought it would be: All of the stuff with alternate-reality versions of the same characters interacting and fighting is fun purely for how bizarre it all is. All of the stuff that would go toward forming a cohesive story or giving this series any kind of depth sucks.

Captain Atom is still inexplicably evil, which is just stupid given that he recommitted himself to upholding the kind of morals and decency that would make any good soldier proud in the face of the Wildstorm universe's unrelenting cynicism and corruption not two seconds before coming back to his Earth. Oh, and to those who said to wait and see, maybe he's not really evil so much as just a manipulative dick? Wait's over. He wipes out an entire continent simply because that Earth's character attempted to leave the arena.

The rest of the story is basically just alternate versions of characters bickering. Also, Monarch Atom has seemingly rigged fights the way producers rig reality TV shows. There were two arena bouts in this issue: Nightshades and Batmen. In both cases, there were two versions who were perfectly willing to work together and try to figure a way out of things, and there was a third version who was in full-on warhawk mode. In the Nightshades' case it was a straight-up evil version of Nightshade whose first words to the others was "die." In the Batmen match, it was a vampire version of Batman who took a couple of hits then disappeared while the other two Batmen fought honorably, then ambushed them, killed one, and tried to kill the other before Monarch stepped in talking about abattoirs.

Anyway, the fights are good, the story sucks, the characterization sucks, and McDaniel's art is decent if a bit rushed.

Did anyone pick up The Overman? Did it even ship?

We all do at some point. Just go back and special-order that mofo.

I might actually wait to hear how it is, at this point. I'm picking up so many books as it is.

I'll probably read it tonight. I didn't get to read much last night because I bought my comics, went home for just long enough to eat dinner and watch an episode and a half of The Wire, and then went back to work at the library. I like having the overtime hours and all, but these finals hours are throwing my whole routine out of whack.

I got that too. My comic surprised me with the amount of stuff it had this week.

I expect it to be. I also got Zombies, Robots, Amazons, which I expect to be an amazingly gorgeous mind**** as only Ashley Wood can deliver.

Is it the slightest bit coherent? I picked up D'arain Aventure a while back and I was 150% confused by everything that was going on. The little snippets of stories still sometimes wander through my brain, making me sit back and think "wtf?"

It's coherent. It's like a coherent mind****, if that makes sense. It's weird, but it's not hard to follow.

You just hurt Corp's feelings. :up:

Nah, Corp's a big boy.

Which takes me to another point...much tho I hate vs. threads, ESPECIALLY a Wolverine vs. Batman thread, I would LOVE to see a Batgirl (cassandra) vs. X-23 fight. Damn that would be hot.

Yeah, we've been over the age thing.

And, by hot, I don't mean looks-wise. I mean sheer brutality fighting in silence-wise. Two young girls bred to destroy working each other over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"