Bought/Thought 11/07/07

yeah the superman arc is pretty meh,dissapointed in Kurt's writing on this arc so far.

Busiek's Camelot started off well with the first 3 issues,but just became a big jumbled mess with no direction after that.

Still love the guy though.

Okay I am not going to lie. I read the first issue of that 3rd Kryptonian story. You know? I did! It had Batman and Robin, after all. Then the second issue came and who was the third Kyrptonian? Well, it was a grandma.

A grandma.

And not even a funny old one or anything! Apparently, she used to be cool? But now she is old. And then the first thing Busiek does after revealing her? Gives us an involved backstory to try and make us interested in her except it is boring boring so boring that I couldn't even read it all the way, I just skimmed to the end of the issue. God that was a bad issue.

That one arc with the Atlantean magician dude was at least semi-interesting. I am really disappointed. However, Krypto was in the 3rd kryptonian arc, so that at least was cool:o

Also? I don't read her book and have no interest in learning anything about her, and because of that I really enjoy Supergirl cameos! I have since that cool one in the beginning of OYL. I am not mentally correct

Busiek's Camelot started off well with the first 3 issues,but just became a big jumbled mess with no direction after that.

Still love the guy though.

Just because you couldn't understand it, does not make it a "big jumbled mess". It's pretty straightforward.

I missed you most of all. Not really, maybe.

I see that my thread about the mods being out of control, power junkies got closed.

Just because you couldn't understand it, does not make it a "big jumbled mess". It's pretty straightforward.

Yea Darth,Arion ending off 3 to 4 issues in a row talking his ass off about how Superman is an idiot.

Real exciting.:whatever:

Yea Darth,Arion ending off 3 to 4 issues in a row talking his ass off about how Superman is an idiot.

Real exciting.:whatever:

Not being exciting, and being a big jumbled mess are two WAY different things.:huh:

But yeah, I can see why you would find it unexciting since you're the type that loves Millar written comics because there's a big 'splosion every other panel.

Messiah Complex 1 & 2 - suck

Sucky art
Very average writing

I can't help but compare Brubaker's characterizations of the team to Whedon's. And they do not stand up very well. And who is illustrating issue 3, because WOW. Silvestri and Tan both sucked it up.

Sucky art
Very average writing

I can't help but compare Brubaker's characterizations of the team to Whedon's. And they do not stand up very well. And who is illustrating issue 3, because WOW. Silvestri and Tan both sucked it up.
Scot Eaton is doing the X-Factor issues.

Sucky art
Very average writing

wrong! brubakers characterizations are weak and stale as ****. Whedon has fun with the character's dailogue,emma has her wittiness and sex appeal,cyclops has the stern but cool factor,beast has the english nerd accent going on inhis dialogue. pryde has the naive girl feel to her,etc.

Whedon nails the characters perfectly. brubaker does not.

wrong! brubakers characterizations are weak and stale as ****. Whedon has fun with the character's dailogue,emma has her wittiness and sex appeal,cyclops has the stern but cool factor,beast has the english nerd accent going on inhis dialogue. pryde has the naive girl feel to her,etc.

That was his point.

I think he gets them pretty well, but UXM remains his weakest book (that I read).

Psst. That's exactly what he meant.

I forgot all about Camelot Falls, and I read the "next month" thing in the back, its like THE CAMELOT FALLS FINALE!. I was kindaconfused at first, but then I remebered that the story was jumbled into all kinds of different issue numbers and various arc's.

Camelot Falls has been all kinds of awesome.

The 3rd Kryptonian - not so much. But it does open some interesting plotlines. The bit with Batman sending Chris into battle made me laugh.

Yeah, Camelot Falls is good if you read it in the whole arc, but when you put in fillers, fillers, and other complete arcs in there, you kinda lose the overall feel of it.

I forgot all about Camelot Falls, and I read the "next month" thing in the back, its like THE CAMELOT FALLS FINALE!. I was kindaconfused at first, but then I remebered that the story was jumbled into all kinds of different issue numbers and various arc's.

thats not kurts fault tho, the artist is superslow and kurt had to do fill ins.

FEARLESS #1: True to my word, as I go into Manhattan every Sunday for family reasons, I went into COSMIC COMICS to see if they had any copies of FEARLESS #1, and they did, so I got it. It was definitely worth a little extra travel for. My taste in Western comics is limited to superhero related fare, but at the very least I do try to give books from something other than Marvel a shot. Image has quickly become a great place for new, solid superhero tales, from INVINCIBLE to DYNAMO 5. This is solicted as a 4 issue mini-series, although the cover doesn't say that and as every issue has 28-32 pages, it will seem the equalivent of perhaps 5 issues or so come trade time. It also means, as the creators note on the back cover, no fan mail. The art by P.J. Holden which got some scrutiny earlier in this topic works for the title for me, and I enjoyed it. The story is about Adam Rygert, a trust fund man who suffers from crippling anxiety/paranoid phobias to the point where fire drills panic him. He manages to find a simularly affected chemist as a tutor and that man creates a formula that, when injected, completely removes all fear inside a person. Adam uses this to allow him to don an armored costume and fight crime as Fear. The suit is plenty strong, allowing Adam to lift a helicopter over his head and take a bazooka-shot to the chest without being killed, as well as having tranq's for baddies, a jetpack and a nasty set of talons. His girlfriend also happens to be the lead reporter on the local news. Unfortunately, Fear's enemies in the drug cartel manage to get a lucky break and begin to turn Fear's life upside down. Mark Sable & David Roth are able to write more story in 32 pages than some writers for Marvel or DC manage in 2-3 entire issues. They introduce the hero's origin, supporting cast, two action sequences and a climax. The tone is darker than some of Image's other superhero books but so far it isn't bleak or nearly as grim as something like, say, MOON KNIGHT. Fear himself has a simple but spooky design. I was impressed by the first issue and plan to get the rest; Mark Sable also wrote GROUNDED and I am considering giving that a try, too.

So far, I've been hearing really good things about that book. I'll see if that continues to hold true and pick it up when it's completed.

So far, I've been hearing really good things about that book. I'll see if that continues to hold true and pick it up when it's completed.

Trade waiting, eh? Gotcha.

Buffy #8 - great

my reviews are really insightful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"