BOUGHT/THOUGHT for Wednesday, February 28th

True, I still didn't see why they wouldn't print the story.:huh:

Greater good, all the violence and destruction had finally died down. If it was revealed that tony was behind the atlantean thing

a) Namor would have an excuse to attack
b) The civil war might start up again and therefore the destruction
c) The government would ban all heroes, tony was their last chance
d) Head of shield has been a position traditionally associated with corruption, this would only be further fuel to the fire.

Ben and sally want people to be safe, they want the fighting to stop

It's no different to rorschach at the end of watchman. It's a ****ty thing to do but the alternative doesn't even bear thinking about

Ugh, lame. Investigative journalists exist for those kinds of stories. It's sad that Ben and Sally wouldn't expose Tony for the corrupt jackass he is, and it's even sadder that this kind of thing probably happens in real life pretty often, too.

Did no one buy Black Panther? I wanna know if Clor go pwned.

Yeah, he did, by Hercules in Civil War #7.

I mean by Storm.

Did no one buy Black Panther? I wanna know if Clor go pwned.
Off panel by Hercules. Storm beats him up a little, but it's fairly even until Herc shows up. You really didn't miss anything.

I bought a TON of stuff this week, so I'm keeping reviews bite size.

Runaways- PICK OF THE WEEK! What an ending! Whedon: HUGE shoes to fill. 9/10

X-Factor- PAD has outdone himself again. This book is just perfect, cover to cover. 9/10

Punisher War Journal- This was all kinds of awesome. Between this and the ending of Civil war, I'm officially sold on this book for the foreseeable future. 9/10

New Avengers: The Illuminati- I liked how Reed's desire to find the gems stemmed from the fact that he was wiped out of existence in the Infinity Gauntlet mini. Cool stuff. 8/10

Cable and Deadpool- A very fun issue hampered by some very mediocre artwork. My ex is a huge musical fan, so I was dying laughing at Deadpool's last lines in the book. 8/10

Amazing Spider-Man- Things were a little too ambiguous considering that Civil War #7 shipped the same day. Otherwise, I'm very interested in the ending, even though the latest Wizard revealed the outcome (kind of). 8/10

Justice- I wish more DC stories were this fun. Worth the purchase alone for the Hall of Doom-esque two page spread. 8/10

Frontline- Both leaders get thrashed and asked the real tough questions. An interesting epilogue. I liked that it basically set up the next Frontline series. 8/10

Transformers- Good stuff. Definitely digging this mini, and it's very fun seeing Hot Rod and Hardhead. 8/10

She-Hulk- Juggernat's sloppy seconds, indeed. :woot: 8/10

Daredevil- Not bad, but pretty much just a recap. The highlight was the cover. 7/10

Wolverine- I've heard positive things about Carey's X-Men, but I just can't get past how STUPID allowing Sabretooth to hang out at the mansion is. At least Loeb remembers how it turned out last time. The issue is mostly fighting, but I liked the flashback. 7/10

Black Panther- A week late, with little substance. Nice art, but just alright. 6/10

Green Lantern #17 - Good ending to the "Wanted" arc.Hal is a badass and Stewart finally returns to the book.Reis' art just gets better every issue,I hope he stays on the book for a long time.One of DC's best cape books.

Justice #10 - There's nothing to add to what I already think of this book.The art is mindblowing, this issue in particular had more than the usual going on in every page.Some pages took a while to fully understand what was going on.The battle royale scenes were just epic.Loved the ending.Looking forward to the final 66 pages of this baby(#12 is going to be a solid 38 pages of story).

The Spirit #3 - This book is great because it's going on in its own little universe,free of any other continuity or events.Loved the flashback sequences,Cooke is the man.

X-Factor- PAD has outdone himself again. This book is just perfect, cover to cover. 9/10
I just read this on my lunch break today and I agree completely. David is a master of the standalone story. The stuff with Siryn and Monet was decent, but the real draw was the almost completely self-contained confrontation between Jamie and his dupe, John Maddox. The moral debate between the two was more exciting than most of the knock-down, drag-out fights in comics. There's real tension from the fact that Jamie's been kind of all over the place lately, so you never quite know which path he's going to take with Maddox. David ends the issue with some poignant narration that left me feeling quite satisfied with the whole affair. :up:

I just read this on my lunch break today and I agree completely. David is a master of the standalone story. The stuff with Siryn and Monet was decent, but the real draw was the almost completely self-contained confrontation between Jamie and his dupe, John Maddox. The moral debate between the two was more exciting than most of the knock-down, drag-out fights in comics. There's real tension from the fact that Jamie's been kind of all over the place lately, so you never quite know which path he's going to take with Maddox. David ends the issue with some poignant narration that left me feeling quite satisfied with the whole affair. :up:

Yes, yes and yes. I'm still blown away by the fact that PAD's sold me on this book. Madrox is a character I never cared for whatsoever, but now he's one of my favorites. This latest issue really had me guessing until the last page, and his final lines about the price of the piece of his soul was incredibly well done.

Beautiful.:csad:

I'm still trying to figure out why I bought all the issues of 1602 Fantastic Four. :huh:

The Spirit #3: Another excellent issue by Cooke. Probably the strongest with #2 being very close behind it. The story continues, and Cooke's art never ceases to impress. I liked a lot of what he did with flashbacks...Overall this was a solid issue, and the series has really been on to a great start so far.

I'm still trying to figure out why I bought all the issues of 1602 Fantastic Four. :huh:

Was it bad? I was considering picking up the trade, but it seems like no one read it and wanted to see some reviews. I love PAD, and I loved 1602, but everyone seems to agree that New World sucked, so I avoided it like the plague. I'd buy a 1602 Daredevil in a freaking heartbeat, though.

Anyone read Heroes For Hire #7?

There's a scene where H4H are fighting some villains on the top floor of an apartment highrise...one of the villains, Man-Ape, tackles Black Cat and the new, female Tarantula, and the three of them crash through the window...Man-Ape crahes to the ground, but BC uses her cable, grabs onto Tarantula, and the two ladies crash into the bedroom window of a typical Marvel fanboy...

His reaction was priceless! :woot:

Because you're a martyr and you like to buy junk aaaaaaand......I don't know, belittling stuff like that.;)

Anyone read Heroes For Hire #7?

There's a scene where H4H are fighting some villains on the top floor of an apartment highrise...one of the villains, Man-Ape, tackles Black Cat and the new, female Tarantula, and the three of them crash through the window...Man-Ape crahes to the ground, but BC uses her cable, grabs onto Tarantula, and the two ladies crash into the bedroom window of a typical Marvel fanboy...

His reaction was priceless! :woot:

YES! That was awesome!!!! If the kid had been black I'm pretty sure that would have been a younger Varient.:D

Because you're a martyr and you like to buy junk aaaaaaand......I don't know, belittling stuff like that.;)

YES! That was awesome!!!! If the kid had been black I'm pretty sure that would have been a younger Varient.:D

You guys should give H4H a chance. It's a lot better then you might expect. :up:

Was it bad? I was considering picking up the trade, but it seems like no one read it and wanted to see some reviews. I love PAD, and I loved 1602, but everyone seems to agree that New World sucked, so I avoided it like the plague. I'd buy a 1602 Daredevil in a freaking heartbeat, though.

It wasnt bad, but it was blah I guess.

It wasnt bad, but it was blah I guess.

Hmmmm... what exactly was mediocre about it? What was good? I need details, baby.

Dammit, I really want a Daredevil mini. Or a figure. All I know is that he might've actually been cooler in 1602 than he was in 616, and that's saying a lot.

Hmmmm... what exactly was mediocre about it? What was good? I need details, baby.

Dammit, I really want a Daredevil mini. Or a figure. All I know is that he might've actually been cooler in 1602 than he was in 616, and that's saying a lot.

Hmmm the story was pretty boring actually. Its all about Doom kidnapping Shakespeare so he could write a play about him and the FF chase him down and they end up in Atlantis and something about Reed believibg in God now. I mean there was some nice moments but overall pretty average. The crappy art doesnt help.

Hmmm the story was pretty boring actually. Its all about Doom kidnapping Shakespeare so he could write a play about him and the FF chase him down and they end up in Atlantis and something about Reed believibg in God now. I mean there was some nice moments but overall pretty average. The crappy art doesnt help.

holy crap. that sounds awful.

The whole series had this under current about Reed not believing in God, but he then sees The Watcher and begins to believe in a higher power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"