• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BOUGHT/THOUGHT Jan 31st

Like any addictive behaviour you have to realise you have a problem before anything can be done. People don't take the piss because they dislike you, they do it either because you had a go at them, or the just think it's funny to see you have a spaz. **** dude, I tried to explain this to you two weeks ago and you still don't get it.

IT'S A MESSAGEBOARD! IF PEOPLE TALK **** ABOUT YOU WHY SHOULD YOU CARE WHAT THEY SAY??????

Take the stupid question thread: I corrected something you said, WHICH YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT, and you tried to pretend that it wasn't what you were talking about.

Me I would have said

"oops :o My bad, thanks for the tip."

and that would have been the end. You need to learn to let stuff go. If you could go a couple of weeks without having a spaz people would actually take what you say into account, rather than just dismissing it because "it's SMM an it's fun to watch him explode" :up:

Why should they talk **** in the first place, also I did state that I was wrong.

Well, technically, she found it on "Day 1" and he did it on "Day 5." So, four whole days! Which probably isn't helping my point much. Being as how I have no point.

Touche'. I reread the issue and you were correct, it does seem rather obvious that the doctor had been hiding his findings from Luthor. I still don't get why he blew himself up. Pressure got to him? Wanted to ice both himself and all his notes before Luthor could use them to do any more harm? Plot convience? Little bit of a mix of all?

Still liked the issue.

Annihilation has restored my faith in comics.

I can certainly relate. Definately the best Marvel event of 2006.

At the start of the series, Nova could've been an Avenger. At the end, I'd say he's all but worthy to lead a team of Avengers. :word:

Annihilation proves you can have events where heroes fight *gasp* villains and not make everything so goddamn emo.

Annihilation proves you can have events where heroes fight *gasp* villains and not make everything so goddamn emo.

Precisely! That's why I loved it. It proves that a lot of the genre expectations that Marvel is so damned afraid of these days in their quest to be "modern" still work, still can be great and still can be rivetting if you know how to write it. There's too much planning on "doing what is unexpected, shocking, and getting an emotional reaction". That is not storytelling. That's crying for attention. That's being a class clown. Too many pointless indie movies attempt to do the same and end up being tedius. Spending 90 minutes of my life learning that if something bad happened to me, I'd be depressed is not a revelation, and too many writers treat it as one.

It was also the first event in a while where not only was there some villian conflict, but in which the heroes actually won. I mean, DISASSEMBLED = Heroes Fail, HOUSE OF M = Heroes Fail, Tom B. all but promised an ending to CIVIL WAR "that will not please many" and a death is all but inevitable, and that is learning towards another Heroes Fail. Within the past few years, by and large Marvel wants to prove Movie Green Goblin right.

"The one thing people like more than a hero, is to see a hero fail. Fall. Die trying."

Is this true? It sure as hell ain't for me.

Giffen, DiVito, take a bow.

I looked through everything, and the only thing I found that I wanted to read was Ultimate Civil War Spider-Ham... and I'm having trouble not loving that damn book.

I bought that Dr. Fate book this week. I hope it's good cuz I really wanna get into the character when he returns.

Precisely! That's why I loved it. It proves that a lot of the genre expectations that Marvel is so damned afraid of these days in their quest to be "modern" still work, still can be great and still can be rivetting if you know how to write it. There's too much planning on "doing what is unexpected, shocking, and getting an emotional reaction". That is not storytelling. That's crying for attention. That's being a class clown. Too many pointless indie movies attempt to do the same and end up being tedius. Spending 90 minutes of my life learning that if something bad happened to me, I'd be depressed is not a revelation, and too many writers treat it as one.

It was also the first event in a while where not only was there some villian conflict, but in which the heroes actually won. I mean, DISASSEMBLED = Heroes Fail, HOUSE OF M = Heroes Fail, Tom B. all but promised an ending to CIVIL WAR "that will not please many" and a death is all but inevitable, and that is learning towards another Heroes Fail. Within the past few years, by and large Marvel wants to prove Movie Green Goblin right.

"The one thing people like more than a hero, is to see a hero fail. Fall. Die trying."

Is this true? It sure as hell ain't for me.

Giffen, DiVito, take a bow.

I honestly think this comic should be one of those comics people remember 20 years from now. I get excited when i read comics, but its mostly the "Ohwow, thats cool." variety. When I turned that page and saw that Nova/Annihilus splash page I literally said "Oh my god!" and my jaw dropped. I havent had that feeling reading a comic, from any company in a long time. It made me feel like I was 8 again.

Really? but you always act that age, I always assumed you were. :huh: O well.:p

I honestly think this comic should be one of those comics people remember 20 years from now. I get excited when i read comics, but its mostly the "Ohwow, thats cool." variety. When I turned that page and saw that Nova/Annihilus splash page I literally said "Oh my god!" and my jaw dropped. I havent had that feeling reading a comic, from any company in a long time. It made me feel like I was 8 again.

That "OMG" feeling has happened to me at least 5 other times during the Annihilation story :up:

Its a beautiful thing. Its like when I was a kid and I'd be like "OMG Dad, Carnage is so cool!":dry:

You were an awesome kid with good taste haha.

Hopefully the inevitable splash page in CW#7 will at least get an "Oh Snap" out of me :o

Annihilation is good, but still - Civil War > Annihilation. Give me realistic, gritty stories where people are people, and not Campbellian mythos figures.

So do I - quite a bit, in fact. It's just that Civil War is the meal for me, while Annihilation is a fluffy snack.

So do I - quite a bit, in fact. It's just that Civil War is the meal for me, while Annihilation is a fluffy snack.

Your new custom title is Marvel Zombie with Down Syndrome.:up:

Well Annihilation is still a Marvel book. I love how people say "Annihilation pwned both Marvel and DC's major events"

:dry:

No but seriously, my reasoning is the same I use in all literature. I'd rather read about conflicted, gray-area people, just as we are in real life. The hard-etched concepts like Good vs. Evil tend to annoy me, simply due to their repetition since the beginning of TIME. I'll take Gambit over Cyclops, and Luke Cage over Captain America. Any day.

From Best to worst

Civil War
Annihilation
Planet Hulk

Onslaught Reborn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"