Guardians of the Galaxy BoX Office Thread

Nice, good to see the struggles of Quantumania not carrying on here.
Yes. The less than 50% drop will not help the narrative that Marvel Studios is losing steam at the boX office. We need these movies to do well at the boX office especially movies like Fantastic Four, Blade and X-Men are still years away. And I want to see those 3 to open massive, and outgross the previous movies.

Domestic will be a bit higher, like 215-216. Disney apparently lowballed the weekend and it’s more like 62.75, not 60.5.

Gonna be a good ride.

Yes. The less than 50% drop will not help the narrative that Marvel Studios is losing steam at the boX office. We need these movies to do well at the boX office especially movies like Fantastic Four, Blade and X-Men are still years away. And I want to see those 3 to open massive, and outgross the previous movies.
Hopefully they blast the Fox numbers to bits. :cwink:

Domestic will be a bit higher, like 215-216. Disney apparently lowballed the weekend and it’s more like 62.75, not 60.5.

Gonna be a good ride.
Oh very nice boost then. :up: This one will be around a while. I hope the streaming date isn’t too close.

Hopefully they blast the Fox numbers to bits. :cwink:
The numbers aren't really high.

Blade - 82 / 155
Fantastic 4 - 155 / 333
X-Men - 234 / 746

So Marvel Studios' Blade, Marvel Studios' 4 and Marvel Studios' X-Men should default outgross the IPs' boX office peak. Though like I said many times before, I really wish we are getting these reboots sooner (2024) than later (2025 to 2028).

The numbers aren't really high.

Blade - 82 / 155
Fantastic 4 - 155 / 333
X-Men - 234 / 746

So Marvel Studios' Blade, Marvel Studios' 4 and Marvel Studios' X-Men should default outgross the IPs' boX office peak. Though like I said many times before, I really wish we are getting these reboots sooner (2024) than later (2025 to 2028).
Yeah, that's why I want them to blast those numbers rather than just pass them. :cwink:

Actual comes in a touch lower at 62.008. 214.7/315.6/530.3. Bring on the weekdays!

With this weekend's numbers2, GOTG now has the 3rd best second weekend hold behind Black Panther and Thor.

All that doom and gloom over the film's box office and RT score were for nothing.

Superhero movie fatigue is a myth. Want to know why? We've been hearing about it for literally 17 years.

Early Monday word at BOT is 4.75, down from Sunday’s 20.3. Decent number. For comparison, Vol. 2 did 4.70 off a 20.9 Sunday. Were it to leg it out from here like Vol. 2, that would put Vol. 3’s domestic final around 355.

I Am,Hoping,For, BOTH!
There's Simply No Reason That We Cannot Have, Exceptional Box Office, For, Exceptional MCU Films.

Thing is, it's exceedingly rare to get that situation where you have an exceptional movie that just hits all the right notes and audiences absolutely love. Marvel has been more lucky at most at this. Even the best hitters don't always hit a homerun at bat. The best prize fighters don't always get a knockout. And sometimes they lose. It's the nature of the beast.

You're velcome. Great box office is nice, but I want a great movie first.
No one is asking for an okay movie, or anything less than great for you to specify that a great movie or the quality of the movie, matters more... But go ahead argue some more.

No one is asking for an okay movie, or anything less than great for you to specify that a great movie or the quality of the movie, matters more... But go ahead argue some more.

I see far too often the worth of a film equated to its box office, and sorry, but I don't think that's always fair. I will argue more where I see fit.

OS actuals for the weekend came in a bit higher at $92.5 million. That’s about 9 million ahead of MOM and 24 million ahead of WF (L&T numbers too embarrassing to quote). Bumps WW to 531 after Sunday. Some people starting to talk about 900+.

I'm glad it's doing well. It's probably the only MCU movie that feels that it strays away from the formula and gives its director enough creative freedom. It made me want to check a Marvel project after a whole year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"