Boycotting Cinco de Mayo?

8Ball2/JanG5 said:
What country are you from?

He was born in and lives in Mexico.

Mayonaisse is the devil!

Dia de los Muertos is my favorite Mexican holiday. :up:

jag

8Ball2/JanG5 said:
Got something personal against the whole state of France?

Not really...just friendly haggling.

But celebrating their military losses is kind of funny.

Admiral_N8 said:
It celebrates France losing?

That is like celebrating crappy Rob Schneider movies....it happens all the time no matter what, so why celebrate it?

But hey, I will celebrate France losing sure.
uhm.. that was Napoleonic France. Hardly anyone lost to Napoleon.

And I'm from Mexico

and I thought May Day was May first:confused:

8Ball/JanG5 said:
Got something personal against the whole state of France?

Actually, it's Parisians everyone hates. They just wrongly think all Frenchmen act like Parisians.

jaguarr said:
Dia de los Muertos is my favorite Mexican holiday. :up:

That's an awesome holiday. I think I might start celebrating it, though I don't exactly believe in the religious aspects of it.

Leto Atrides said:
Actually, it's Parisians everyone hates. They just wrongly think all Frenchmen act like Parisians.

I would agree with this. I have friends from Nice and they DESPISE Parisians.

jag

KingOfDreams said:
That's an awesome holiday. I think I might start celebrating it, though I don't exactly believe in the religious aspects of it.

Yeah, I'm not big on the religious aspects of it, either, but damn is it a cool holiday nonetheless.

jag

KingOfDreams said:
The mix of Catholism and Old Indian lore. I like it

Druidic Scandinavia and Pre-colonial Mexico had a lot in common

Corinthian™ said:
The mix of Catholism and Old Indian lore. I like it

It's interesting for sure. I'm just saying I couldn't fully celebrate it because I'm an athiest.

terry78 said:
Speak of the devil, the email just appeared in my inbox. I pasted it below.

BOYCOTT CINCO DE MAYO

Its a Stinko Goodbye-O to the 2006 Cinco De Mayo

You've heard the news stories. Illegal Mexican Immigrants marching in the streets, demanding amnesty and attacking Americans who want to protect our country by sealing its borders. Tell them to go protest and wave their Mexican flags in their own country.

It's the Americans Turn to Protest ... BOYCOTT Cinco De Mayo...

It's one thing to come to this great country looking for better lives, its a whole other issue when these same ILLEGAL immigrants start waving their Mexican flags, demanding that we change our laws and ways to serve them.

There is plenty of time to distribute this e-mail to as many people as you can before May 5th.

This shall be our protest: A call to boycott this "Non-American" holiday that has infiltrated our border, and our cities and towns, along with the ILLEGAL ALIENS who brought it here. This is your chance to say, we don't want you here marching in our streets, and we don't want your holiday.

If you're angry at the growing problem of illegal immigration, if you've had enough of our government's lack of response, and if you are downright fed up with images of marching, protesting illegal Mexicans trying to run our country...then May 5th is your chance to do something.

On May 5th, do not go to restaurants, bars, night clubs, special events, parties or anything remotely associated with this "NON-AMERICAN holiday." On May 5th ... stay home with your family and friends.

Pass it on!

this angers me.:mad: :down

i wanna boycott my foot up his ash.

Leto Atrides said:

Well other countries (and Americans) say the same thing about New Yorkers, though the people of NYC never bothered me.

So ya, I guess you just still have a bit of that generalized hate against a large organization of people.

I'm gonna start celebrating Cinco De Mio (aka buy Corona beer day) just so I can boycott it.:D

terry78 said:
Speak of the devil, the email just appeared in my inbox. I pasted it below.

BOYCOTT CINCO DE MAYO

Its a Stinko Goodbye-O to the 2006 Cinco De Mayo

You've heard the news stories. Illegal Mexican Immigrants marching in the streets, demanding amnesty and attacking Americans who want to protect our country by sealing its borders. Tell them to go protest and wave their Mexican flags in their own country.

It's the Americans Turn to Protest ... BOYCOTT Cinco De Mayo...

It's one thing to come to this great country looking for better lives, its a whole other issue when these same ILLEGAL immigrants start waving their Mexican flags, demanding that we change our laws and ways to serve them.

There is plenty of time to distribute this e-mail to as many people as you can before May 5th.

This shall be our protest: A call to boycott this "Non-American" holiday that has infiltrated our border, and our cities and towns, along with the ILLEGAL ALIENS who brought it here. This is your chance to say, we don't want you here marching in our streets, and we don't want your holiday.

If you're angry at the growing problem of illegal immigration, if you've had enough of our government's lack of response, and if you are downright fed up with images of marching, protesting illegal Mexicans trying to run our country...then May 5th is your chance to do something.

On May 5th, do not go to restaurants, bars, night clubs, special events, parties or anything remotely associated with this "NON-AMERICAN holiday." On May 5th ... stay home with your family and friends.

Pass it on!
that's the funniest **** I've read in days

the guy tries so hard to make a point and ends up making an ash of himself

KingOfDreams said:
It's interesting for sure. I'm just saying I couldn't fully celebrate it because I'm an athiest.
you don't have to be catholic to actually observe Dia De Muertos, because the day is about honoring The Dearly Departed and that's it

Yay! Instead of boycotting it we should just call it "Freedom De Freedom"! No! De is to ethnic! "Freedom Nascar Freedom!" Get 'r Done!

No way I already bought my sombrero and I'm jonesing to eat a chimichanga this Friday .

Matt said:
Yay! Instead of boycotting it we should just call it "Freedom De Freedom"! No! De is to ethnic! "Freedom Nascar Freedom!" Get 'r Done!
maybe it should be called Freedom May Day

PLAS said:
maybe it should be called Freedom May Day
They could change the name of the celebration from spanish to english, that'll teach those immigrants a lesson.:mad:
From now on Cinco de Mayo will be known as Fifth of May and only american beer will be served, take that Mexico!!!

Duende Verde said:
They could change the name of the celebration from spanish to english, that'll teach those immigrants a lesson.:mad:
From now on Cinco de Mayo will be known as Fifth of May and only american beer will be served, take that Mexico!!!

NO! THATS NOT PATRIOTIC ENOUGH! FREEDOM NASCAR LIBERTY IS WHAT IT SHOULD BE CALLED!

Matt said:
NO! THATS NOT PATRIOTIC ENOUGH! FREEDOM NASCAR LIBERTY IS WHAT IT SHOULD BE CALLED!
the banner should have a nascar loving, gun holding, christian values supporting, everything-don't-understand hating red blooded american redneck

Why would an American 'boycott' a Mexican holiday?

That would be like people in Mexico boycotting... Memorial Day... or something.

:confused:

Daisy said:
Why would an American 'boycott' a Mexican holiday?

That would be like people in Mexico boycotting... Memorial Day... or something.

:confused:

Americans aren't flooding Mexico though.

Mexican Food will take a patriotic turn, just like the whole French-Freedom food thing, and will now be known as "Legal Food".
Tortillas will be called Corn Flat Bread and Tacos will turn into Patriot Wrap Sandwiches.:up:

Cinco de Mayo will never be St. Patrick's Day, no matter how hard these corporations try to bolster their sales by using it as a marketing tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"