Boycotting Cinco de Mayo?

POWdER-man said:
The same could have been said with the Canadian National Anthem. It is sung both in English and French. But it was first composed, and written in french by a french composer. It later became translated to english and became the official national anthem in 1980.

Just because it is one language is no reason why it couldn't be sung in another. To this day O Canada is sang in both languages, and that's WITHOUT the french taking over our culture and our jobs...:rolleyes:
the difference is that both english and french are official languages in canada

wanting to make those changes to the SSB is really a dumb idea

Outsiderzedge said:
Yes, but the mexicans not having those jobs have nothing to do with unfair competition. It is merely due to the preference of the employers. The same can not be said of the illegal immigrants that hold american jobs.

On the average, I would say that the Americans who work in Mexico generally have a higher education level than many of the Mexicans they are competing against for those jobs and are usually bilingual to boot. Sounds a bit unfair in the competition department to me. And besides, I don't see a whole lot of Americans rushing out to the lettuce fields, clammoring for jobs picking lettuce for $3 an hour.

jag

Outsiderzedge said:
Yes, but the mexicans not having those jobs have nothing to do with unfair competition. It is merely due to the preference of the employers. The same can not be said of the illegal immigrants that hold american jobs.

But they are one of the reasons mexican housing is getting more expensive.

jaguarr said:
On the average, I would say that the Americans who work in Mexico generally have a higher education level than many of the Mexicans they are competing against for those jobs and are usually bilingual to boot. Sounds a bit unfair in the competition department to me. And besides, I don't see a whole lot of Americans rushing out to the lettuce fields, clammoring for jobs picking lettuce for $3 an hour.

jag

If the americans are legal residents and are more qualified, then they deserve the jobs.

To the second point: Of course. That's not even minimum wage. Why would they?

Outsiderzedge said:
If the americans are legal residents and are more qualified, then they deserve the jobs.

To the second point: Of course. That's not even minimum wage. Why would they?

What if they aren't legal residents, though, and they still take away those jobs that Mexicans could have? What then? (And it does happen). As far as whether Americans would take jobs that are below minimum wage or not, some people aren't afraid of hard work in order to survive no matter what it takes. That USED to be the American standard, but it isn't anymore. Too many people are coddled by our Welfare system and unemployment programs. However, people who complain about Mexicans doing the jobs that Americans don't want to and for less money don't seem to also appreciate that the cost of produce, for example, is much lower than it would be if Americans were the only one's doing that work at minimum wage. Are you willing to pay five times the amount that you currently do for food so that an American get get off Welfare and make minimum wage? Most Americans aren't.

jag

If the americans aren't legal residents, then, no, they don't deserve those jobs.

I agree with the second point. That's why I am for allowing the illegal immigrants to stay.

Outsiderzedge said:
If the americans aren't legal residents, then, no, they don't deserve those jobs.

I agree with the second point. That's why I am for allowing the illegals immigrants to stay.

It would seem we agree on certain things. :up:

jag

Son Of Logan said:
Oh, god....I hope we don't boycott Taco Bell. I need a Grilled Stuft Burrito. Seriously.

Well, Taco Bell is barely Mexican food anyway.

PLAS said:
you don't have to be catholic to actually observe Dia De Muertos, because the day is about honoring The Dearly Departed and that's it

I stand corrected.

jaguarr said:
It would seem we agree on certain things. :up:

jag

Haha, I lied. I don't agree with allowing the illegal immigrants to stay.

Cinco de Mayo is just another holiday excuse to get drunk for Americans, I doubt many will boycott this.

^LOL, that's any holiday.

Outsiderzedge said:
Haha, I lied. I don't agree with allowing the illegal immigrants to stay.

Teh Rollins will eat your soul for that:

henryrollinssolo.jpg

jag

jaguarr said:
Teh Rollins will eat your soul for that:

henryrollinssolo.jpg

jag

I was kidding. I am completely for letting them stay.

My family would be ruined if illegal immigrants were gone. I'd be a fool to support deporting them.

Outsiderzedge said:

My family would be ruined if illegal immigrants were gone. I'd be a fool to support deporting them.

You should pray that Teh Rollins will be in a forgiving mood when he learns this.

jag

Duende Verde said:
Mexican Food will take a patriotic turn, just like the whole French-Freedom food thing, and will now be known as "Legal Food".
Tortillas will be called Corn Flat Bread and Tacos will turn into Patriot Wrap Sandwiches.:up:

ahahahahahahahahaha! laugh with me! laugh with me!

Outsiderzedge said:

you lie you old softy.

you don't have a family.:confused:
your kind eats they're young.:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back