Brad Pitt For The Sentry

BatB

Anti-Hero
Reaction score
Just my opinion and all, but if The Sentry was done a certain way. Maintaining a psychological story, huge action, and an emotional through-line. It could be the best Marvel movie yet. So my top choice for The Sentry; Brad Pitt. What do you guys think?

Uh-uh. Largely b/c Pitt is too high-profile.

I doubt we'll ever see a Sentry movie since people will say hes a Superman rip off. Though he is a better character.

I thought he was more of a Miracleman rip off?

After watching Troy the other night I could see Pitt playing Thor in a heartbeat. I see where you could get him playing the Sentry though too.

thats the standing theory. its pretty interesting when you think about it. there are always parallels between characters. comics are insestuos by nature. but with certain characters its definately more obvious than most i.e. The Sentry. While its certaintly the characters biggest draw back. He does posses something that Supes doesn't and that's some serious psychological dysfunction. In terms of films though Supes is still stuck in the 70's. For those who have seen Superman Returns its essentially a continuation of the Superman films in the 70's. I mean I love Superman 1 & 2 but they were made for a different audience thirty years ago. Time to move on. Anyways, The Sentry presents an interesting concept. An all powerful superhero who doesn't know he's a superhero at all. Who erased his memory and the memories of everyone else in the world of his very existance. And who creates the ultimate evil by doing so.
It could be presented in a much more cerebral way than most of the marvel fare has been . And in doing so could bring the marvel films to the "height" of the DC films. Hate me for saying so if you want. But its just how I see it.

sentry2.jpg

SENTRY004_cov.jpg

Sentry.jpg

Kable24 said:
I thought he was more of a Miracleman rip off.
Perhaps if I were familiar with Miracleman I could comment.

Chris Wallace said:
Perhaps if I were familiar with Miracleman I could comment.

Heres Miracleman for ya-
miracleman3.jpg

An astrophysicist granted Micky Moran, a young journalist, the vast atomic powers of Miracleman simply by saying "kimota, " phonetically atomic backwards.

yeah, I could see Pitt as Sentry...at least as bearded, gruff looking Sentry, which is a better look that clean cut Sentry anyway, and would help distinguish him from Superman.

the long hair at first, than the short hair and some stubble maybe. what would be interesting would be to intercut between The Sentry's acts of superheroics and the less than ordinary life of Robert Reynolds. cut between the long hair thor look and the really short down on his luck artist look. and sort of build to why he made veryone forget and than have him remember everything. later on. Turning him back into The Sentry.

I'd actually say make him be skinny with short hair when he's Reynolds, and when he transforms into the Sentry have the hair and beard grow out and he gets ripped. Sort of a Captin Marvel thing with it, ya know.

The Joker said:
I'd actually say make him be skinny with short hair when he's Reynolds, and when he transforms into the Sentry have the hair and beard grow out and he gets ripped. Sort of a Captin Marvel thing with it, ya know.

I like that idea very much. But I think that when he finally becomes The Sentry for real he should maybe keep the short-hair. But thats just me. But theres a Sentry cover, that I like very much, where he has a lil bit of a beer-belly. here it is;
sentry_2.jpg

I don't know why, I just like it :yay: . Your never gonna see Superman look like that.

I definately don't think Pitt's too old. He's 41 and it really would be nice to see a superhero who wasn't in his twenties or thirties for once. Matt Letscher is an interesting choice. He could pull of the bearded look thats for sure. But I still can see Pitt more in the role than Letscher. Just from a financial point-of-view; Pitt would be a better choice because Sentry is not that well known of a character. And Pitt alone can pull in a large initial audience. Who can than bring in others and so on.

BatB said:
Heres Miracleman for ya-
miracleman3.jpg

An astrophysicist granted Micky Moran, a young journalist, the vast atomic powers of Miracleman simply by saying "kimota, " phonetically atomic backwards.
I've heard of him, I've even seen him. I just don't know anything about him.

That could work in the Sentry's favor though. Since he is so unknown having a big name star might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"