Sentry gets no respect

How are they trashing the marriage? I thought Jenkins' second Sentry mini showed pretty definitively that Bob is a villain. He drank the serum, became the Void, and created the Sentry to counter himself. I imagine something like that would be hard to hide from his wife.

I can't put Sentry and his wife in the same league as Pete/MJ. NO WAY.

I can't put Sentry and his wife in the same league as Pete/MJ. NO WAY.

Definitely not. Oh Lord, I am so happy with that recent revelation.

It's a hard lesson but one which writers and geeks should learn from Lord Jim. If the guy didn't have the moxie before, he never will.

So, after Siege #2, should I just go ahead and close this thread? ;)

Why should he get respect? He is the WORST conceived character Marvel has created in the last decade that has gotten a big push

Why should he get respect? He is the WORST conceived character Marvel has created in the last decade that has gotten a big push

Yeah, a lunatic who loves to cry & run away but given almost limitless powers is just not a good superhero material imo.

Go read the original mini and stop talking.

His original concept and execution was purely amazing.

Like 90% of those pathetic X kids running around who are crappy characters and are only popular because they fall under the X-Men brand...?

Seriously, a psychologically troubled Superman who is both an all powerful hero AND villain has bags of potential. Unfortunately, that potential hasn't really been met. Now the only thing left for him is either becoming an out and out universe threat level villain, or sacrificing himself and dying as a hero.

And utterly abandoned after that first mini. It seems like Sentry fans are clinging to a vain hope that he'll ever approach those levels again when, really, all he is now is a brainless thug people trot out when they want to give a powerful character a person to fight.

5 months of decent material and 9 years worth of crap. The mini doesnt hold much weight whan he's spent the majority of his run being a crap character

Like 90% of those pathetic X kids running around who are crappy characters and are only popular because they fall under the X-Men brand...?

Seriously, a psychologically troubled Superman who is both an all powerful hero AND villain has bags of potential. Unfortunately, that potential hasn't really been met. Now the only thing left for him is either becoming an out and out universe threat level villain, or sacrificing himself and dying as a hero.
WTF do the X kids have to do with anything? Besides how many have gotten the big push that Sentry has? None

The character sucks. He's been around for quite some time now, always makes it on an Avengers lineup and has had a chance to make his mark but his been one big fail. He's not that interesting. He's actually more of a loser than a hero, if one can even call him that. He doesnt have the personality to be a good vilian. He seems to just go with the flow, lacking any opinion of his own or having anything worth substance

I certainly wouldn't call him a hero. I can't see how anyone else could justify calling him that at this point, either.

Yea Sentry is definitely beyond redemption now.

They should just let the Void take complete control over him and have him as a mega villain. At least the Void has some kind of devious, interesting personality.

And utterly abandoned after that first mini. It seems like Sentry fans are clinging to a vain hope that he'll ever approach those levels again when, really, all he is now is a brainless thug people trot out when they want to give a powerful character a person to fight.

The Sentry arc in NA was well done and was a creative way to bring him into the MU proper. Even gave us the classic moment of Sentry ripping Carnage in two (and we've been blessed to not see Carnage since, which is a lot longer than characters usually stay dead these days).

There have also been a number of other moments that I've enjoyed. Sentry's appearance in Punisher 1 was excellent, his role in Silent War, and others. They never did bring him back to being as awesome as he was in the original mini though, in that I agree.

But I bring up the mini so often because people just trash the character. They ignorantly say things like "the character sucks", they don't say "the character has such potential, too bad they've ruined it." I can agree with one of those statements, the other is crap.

What issues was the Carnage arc leading up to Sentry ripping him in half?

What issues was the Carnage arc leading up to Sentry ripping him in half?

Sorry, I confused myself. Sentry rips Carnage in half in issue..... 3 I think of New Avengers. Separately but near that there was also a story arc in New Avengers that was called The Sentry in which he was fully encorporated into the MU proper. That arc was something like issues 6-8 or so.

So, no one likes the idea of making the Sentry a big force of nature like Galactus?
making him a junkie who accidentally turned himself into a Galactus level character?

I think that is pretty much the only thing left you can do with him. Just have him as some mega, universe threat level villain.

What I would do is this. Sentry is at his weakest in the Negative Zone. But the Void is at his strongest in the Negative Zone. So either have Sentry forcibly trapped in the N-Zone, or have him redeem him self by volunteering to go to the N-Zone.

But whilst he is there the Void takes over, get's stronger and stronger and stronger, then comes back in a few years in some mega event where the cosmic heroes and earths heroes team up against him.

IMO that would be pretty sick. Having the cosmic heroes and the earth heroes team up to try and stop a hyper powered, N-Zone recharged Void.

I think someone needs to hand Sentry his ass.

I got two words.

Franklin ****ing Richards.

:ff: :ff: :ff:

Tony Stark should walk up to his face and shout,"you're the BIGGEST waste of time ever in Avengers history! Get a haircut and get a real job!".

Yeah, a lunatic who loves to cry & run away but given almost limitless powers is just not a good superhero material imo.

That's why people should learn from Lord Jim.

I think someone needs to hand Sentry his ass.

I got two words.

Franklin ****ing Richards.

:ff: :ff: :ff:
I can actually see that as what could happen, maybe even as the next big event.
Franklin is currently getting his powers back in FF, I think.

And Sentry is becoming a mega threat. (maybe they can blame that on Norman)

So, maybe the Marvel Universe ends up having to stop him and ends up being Franklin is the only one who can with his reality altering mega powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"