Which actors have never joined the MCU that would have been awesome

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Off the top of my head there are so many actors who could have been a coup for Marvel such as:

Brad Pitt
Tom Cruise
Matt Damon
Bruce Willis
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Ewan McGregor

There’s still time.

Schwarzenegger as Cable would be a riot.

Anne Hathaway
Amanda Seyfried
Amy Adams
Bryce Dallas Howard
Charlize Theron
Gal Gadot
Halle Berry
James Marsden
Kate Winslet
Marion Cotillard
Meryl Streep
Renee Zellweger
Viola Davis

Matt Damon already appeared in mcu.

Anne Hathaway
Amanda Seyfried
Amy Adams
Bryce Dallas Howard
Charlize Theron
Gal Gadot
Halle Berry
James Marsden
Kate Winslet
Marion Cotillard
Meryl Streep
Renee Zellweger
Viola Davis

I don't really want Gal Gadot in the MCU. After having been Wonder Woman, anything else now would be a step down for her. It's not like there are really any major roles left with a big enough character who would also have a solo movie that she could play. And just playing a love interest would be a bit of a waste. Even if they took an obscure character or one who is usually associated with a team and gave them a solo, it's never going to be the same as having played WW and having headlined a franchise.

It would be like Brandon Routh going from playing Superman (perhaps the quintessential superhero) to playing Ray Palmer/ the Atom on Legends of Tomorrow/ Arrow.

Nothing could match up to WW.

Anne Hathaway
Amanda Seyfried
Amy Adams
Bryce Dallas Howard
Charlize Theron
Gal Gadot
Halle Berry
James Marsden
Kate Winslet
Marion Cotillard
Meryl Streep
Renee Zellweger
Viola Davis

I don't want Amy Adams, Gal Gadot and Viola Davis in MCU. Also don't want to see Margot Robbie in MCU.

Bill. Friggin. Murray.

I don't really want Gal Gadot in the MCU. After having been Wonder Woman, anything else now would be a step down for her. It's not like there are really any major roles left with a big enough character who would also have a solo movie that she could play. And just playing a love interest would be a bit of a waste. Even if they took an obscure character or one who is usually associated with a team and gave them a solo, it's never going to be the same as having played WW and having headlined a franchise.

It would be like Brandon Routh going from playing Superman (perhaps the quintessential superhero) to playing Ray Palmer/ the Atom on Legends of Tomorrow/ Arrow.

Nothing could match up to WW.
I would cast her as a villainess ten to fifteen years from now.

Mel Gibson would have been perfect as Cable or could be a great Cable in the MCU

Henry Cavill as Wonder Man. That would be a role he'd be suited for.

250px-WonderMan-1.jpg

wonderman2.png

wonderman-costume01.jpg

Off the top of my head there are so many actors who could have been a coup for Marvel such as:

Brad Pitt
Tom Cruise
Matt Damon
Bruce Willis
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Ewan McGregor

I'd rather not see Cruise in the MCU. His involvement with Scientology always puts me off his films.

I can't really imagine major roles that'd suit Willis or Schwarzenegger either but it could be fun to give them a small role/cameo (like they did with Stallone in GotG2)

He would have been better than Eccleston, who played the character completely devoid of charm.

Eccleston wasn't great casting but I mostly blame the writers for Dark World.

Malekith in the comics is a high fantasy Joker style psychopath, not a bland villain with an infinity stone.

Last edited:
I can’t get that image of Henry Cavill as MCU Scott Summers out my head. Some brown hair dye and a ruby red quartz visor and we have our Cykes.

I can’t get that image of Henry Cavill as MCU Scott Summers out my head. Some brown hair dye and a ruby red quartz visor and we have our Cykes.

Cavill isn't exactly "slim". And he's not charismatic enough. We'd get another Cyclops who is overshadowed by other actors again. I think they should get someone else who has a more commanding screen presence.

Yeah I wish Cavill all the best with Witcher and stuff, but I'm fine with him not ever showing up in the MCU

he was up for the role of old man stark in iron man 2 wasn’t he?

Oh really?
That would've been odd, dunno if that's the right role for him
I honestly don't know what is the right MCU role for him, but I hope they find one... maybe one of the older versions of Kang who's gone a bit kooky from all the time travel shenanigans

I'd rather not see Cruise in the MCU. His involvement with Scientology always puts me off his films.

I can't really imagine major roles that'd suit Willis or Schwarzenegger either but it could be fun to give them a small role/cameo (like they did with Stallone in GotG2)

Eccleston wasn't great casting but I mostly blame the writers for Dark World.

Malekith in the comics is a high fantasy Joker style psychopath, not a bland villain with an infinity stone.

That's fair, the characterization of Malekith was pretty boring - although it's not all the writers and directors fault e.g. Mark Strong can do a lot with badly written or one dimensional characters, but Eccleston really didn't here.

Malekith is a very nasty character in the comics, I'm always looking forward to the issue where Thor finally kills him.

Gary Oldman. Hes done the odd big franchise. Nolan's Batman and the HP movies so I think he might be open to appearing in the MCU. The role would have to be significant though. Maybe Osborn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"