Comics Brand New Day Discussion Thread

Cut loose... tell us how you REALLY feel... :oldrazz:

Seeing as the only GOOD Kraven story was his last one, maybe he's due for some more greatness.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

:yay:

the only huh? We sir shall agree to disagree. (I've always thought kraven was cool)

No.

How about they do something new with an old villain that isn't dead for a change? Like, oh I don't know, Doc Ock?? Doc Ock is such a wasted villain in the hands of these unimaginative writers we got right now.

No.

How about they do something new with an old villain that isn't dead for a change? Like, oh I don't know, Doc Ock?? Doc Ock is such a wasted villain in the hands of these unimaginative writers we got right now.

The writers we got now have only been around a couple of months...using your logic the entirety of Spidey's rogues gallery is wasted in the hands of the writers we have now?? :huh:

No.

Woah there cowboy. I believe Wells is a writer and I believe he wrote the incredibably good Spider-Man/Doc Ock Year One, so let's just back the trolley cart up a moment. I'd just like to see these writers not have to come on board during such a horrific era and I could do without Gale, but Slott and Guggenheim (surprisingly) are welcome aboard in my opinion.

the only huh? We sir shall agree to disagree. (I've always thought kraven was cool)

He was ok as a kid, but I could never really get into the Kraven stories... again, just a muscle-bound guy with jungle drugs... Spidey should be able to take him down without flexing a muscle... but if he has problems with a NO POWERED Kraven, maybe he can equally have a hard time with a new NO POWERED ScrewBall.

No.

You know this because you've read their upcoming Doc Ock story, right?

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

When was the last time we even saw doc ock?

Amazing Spider-Man #484, 485 & 486. :yay:

I stand corrected... it was in Sensational Spider-Man #28.

And prior to those ASM appearances, he appeared in Spectacular Spider-Man #269 to 273.

He was ok as a kid, but I could never really get into the Kraven stories... again, just a muscle-bound guy with jungle drugs... Spidey should be able to take him down without flexing a muscle... but if he has problems with a NO POWERED Kraven, maybe he can equally have a hard time with a new NO POWERED ScrewBall.

Cute, but kraven, even without powers, is a master hunter that's an expert at setting traps and using the terrian to his advantage. I mean the man has taken down every prey he ever went against most with his bare hands. I'll give him a slight advantage over an urban gymnist with a helmet, but that's just me.

Also I love the kraven backstory with the cameleon, it made for a rather cool dynamic.

I can't remember if it was ASM #209 or Peter Parker SSM #65, but there was a really good Kraven story, where unbeknowst to Kraven, Calypso helps him take down Spidey. Ol' Kravey finds out she helped and spares Spidey's life because of the old honor thing. Good stuff.

I'm still floored that Todd McFarlane knew who she was and used her in "Torment". Unforunately, he dropped the ball with that storyline IMO.

No.

How about they do something new with an old villain that isn't dead for a change? Like, oh I don't know, Doc Ock??

If they do bring back Kraven (which I don't think they will) there's no way it can be as bad as the way they brought Doc Ock back from the dead. That was "Suck" with a capital "S"

Ooh yea i think i remember that story, wasn't he resurrected by the Hand or something? The only reason i didnt mind him being resurrected that way was because of the way he died, doc ock deserves a more epic death than being murdered by Kaine.

Ooh yea i think i remember that story, wasn't he resurrected by the Hand or something? The only reason i didnt mind him being resurrected that way was because of the way he died, doc ock deserves a more epic death than being murdered by Kaine.

The new rose got the ninja group that the Black Trantula uses (you know when he was a threat and not some stereotypical latino gangster he magically turned into) and had them resurrect him after super electro got beat by Pete and Nate.

And I agree, kaine killing him was bull.

i got 4 BND comics today they was on got the paperback version but it was very nice loved them but i wish i could start from the start. i like how they use new characters like menace,screwball, Freak also spidey friends Kitty, jackpot. Overall i give the comics a 10/10

I have read the Brand New Day comics from the start and they have been pretty good so far. Love that humor of his, constant yapping lol.

hmm...I just realized another continuity issue.
instead of being an all out villian.
Dr. Connors is returned to his half good guy/ half bad guy schtick.
which is very good.

I am still very pleased with the books right now.

My biggest gripe with these books is that there is just so much going on at one time, haha. I mean we've already got like four or five brand new villains injected into his life. I'm still wondering how the whole Mr. Negative thing is going to work out with him being Martin Li, who is the owner of the soup kitchen that Aunt May works at. We've got the new Goblinesque villain Menace and just who his identity could be. Harry Osborn is such a red herring but for some reason I have heavy thoughts that he could be him.

I am also still really REALLY hoping that Mary Jane is not Jackpot. Peter has been suspecting it himself and, once again, that is such a huge red herring. But you never know with Marvel anymore.

But there are great things on the horizon and I noticed in the back of the one issue they give us a Summer preview and I see John Romita Jr. artwork in there and that makes this guy a completely pleased Spider-Man fan. I just hope that Romita Jr. and Dan Slott work together because that would just be the ultimate dream come true right now.

Good work Spider-team, keep it up

Haven't you heard SpideyInATree? Romita and Slott are doing a six-issue arc starting in August! The arc's gonna have norman osborn, menace, thunderbolts and a "brand new" venom. I'm so excited for this.

Haven't you heard SpideyInATree? Romita and Slott are doing a six-issue arc starting in August! The arc's gonna have norman osborn, menace, thunderbolts and a "brand new" venom. I'm so excited for this.
Yeah im curious about this Anti-Venom thats gonna be introduced. Have you seen the full body shot of him?

I am still very pleased with the books right now.

My biggest gripe with these books is that there is just so much going on at one time, haha. I mean we've already got like four or five brand new villains injected into his life. I'm still wondering how the whole Mr. Negative thing is going to work out with him being Martin Li, who is the owner of the soup kitchen that Aunt May works at. We've got the new Goblinesque villain Menace and just who his identity could be. Harry Osborn is such a red herring but for some reason I have heavy thoughts that he could be him.

I am also still really REALLY hoping that Mary Jane is not Jackpot. Peter has been suspecting it himself and, once again, that is such a huge red herring. But you never know with Marvel anymore.

But there are great things on the horizon and I noticed in the back of the one issue they give us a Summer preview and I see John Romita Jr. artwork in there and that makes this guy a completely pleased Spider-Man fan. I just hope that Romita Jr. and Dan Slott work together because that would just be the ultimate dream come true right now.

Good work Spider-team, keep it up

Make sure when you send it your title is. (OK TO PRINT)

hmm...I just realized another continuity issue.
instead of being an all out villian.
Dr. Connors is returned to his half good guy/ half bad guy schtick.
which is very good.

Hardly anyone ever paid attention to the "evil Connors" story anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"