Comics Brand New Day Discussion Thread

Back in the 60's, 15 year olds and even 30 year olds were matching lines and stood up against corrupt politics why people nowadays could not care less even though they watch possibly the most ignorant and corrupt President that ever defiled the hallow halls of the White House...

James Buchanan is still alive?! :wow:

IMO, Menace is very cool Villian. I still think Mr. Negative may be a bit cooler and interesting, but as I said, they both are awesome. :up:

There's nothing half-way original about him is my issue. I know, if you're looking for originality, don't look at comics because things are constantly being borrowed from here or there, but Menace is flatly unoriginal in almost every way. And I do mean flatly.

Just my two cents...

Mike :yay:

:batty:
Right, again, I understand. And I'm also aware that my assumption was greatly generalising.
But I also want to make clear a distinction:
When I say ‘observing’ and ‘analytical’ I don’t mean ‘caring’, ‘smart’ or even ‘wise’. I am saying that, if they wanted to, kids could easily break apart any kind of topic or theory and explain their own opinion extensively, just like we are doing now. How many young people actually had the urge to talk about their choices and attitudes towards atheism or homosexuality in the 60s and 70s and how many of them do it on youtube now?
All I meant was not the memory storage capabilities but the ability to perceive and deliver that knowledge instead.

James Buchanan is still alive?! :wow:

Nah, I'd say that title falls to Grant.

Right, again, I understand. And I'm also aware that my assumption was greatly generalising.
But I also want to make clear a distinction:
When I say ‘observing’ and ‘analytical’ I don’t mean ‘caring’, ‘smart’ or even ‘wise’. I am saying that, if they wanted to, kids could easily break apart any kind of topic or theory and explain their own opinion extensively, just like we are doing now. How many young people actually had the urge to talk about their choices and attitudes towards atheism or homosexuality in the 60s and 70s and how many of them do it on youtube now?
All I meant was not the memory storage capabilities but the ability to perceive and deliver that knowledge instead.

Just because we have an Internet now and today's teenagers have a "voice" doesn't mean their opinions are exactly well-informed. I've found that a lot of today's kids don't really look at all sides of an issue, and they really don't want to. Most are more than happy to take their first impressions and run with them without looking any deeper.

It doesn't even have to be politics or homosexuality. Ask any typical teenager from a conservative household if he or she approves of stem cell research, abortion, & in vitro fertilization. More than likely, you'll get "no" to the first two and a probable "yes" to the last, even though an IVF procedure results in many eggs being fertilized and literally thrown away.

*Disclaimer: I'm not picking on conservatives here. I lean that way myself. I'm just using this as an example of how many people, especially teenagers, form opinions on issues without being fully informed. In this way, the Internet has been both good & bad. More information is available, but it makes those who ARE ignorant have a much louder voice than they normally would.

I don't care about the Satanic Spider-man anymore than I care for a president that gives food and aid to millions of Africans who didn't pay for it.:word:

I don't care about the Satanic Spider-man anymore than I care for a president that gives food and aid to millions of Africans who didn't pay for it.:word:

That's generally considered to be the one thing George Bush has done right :huh:

That's generally considered to be the one thing George Bush has done right :huh:

Nah, he's done plenty of good (mostly understated) things, the bad just happens outweigh the good.

But that's neither here nor there.

ANYWAY, so, am i the only one who has new restored faith in BND? It seems we have a lot to look forward to: JRJR's comin back for 6 issues straight written by Slott, Spider-man special in July featuring Hammer-head! ( but i thought he died...oh well), Thunderbolts and Norman Osborn ( i hope he still remembers Spidey's identity), mark waid's comin, skrulls are comin, Spidey and Daredevil are teamin up (i've been waiting years for this), and the annual's comin and we'll discover that Jackpot was MJ all along. Lol. Looks like things might be lookin up for the Spidey books...hopefully.

ANYWAY, so, am i the only one who has new restored faith in BND? It seems we have a lot to look forward to: JRJR's comin back for 6 issues straight written by Slott, Spider-man special in July featuring Hammer-head! ( but i thought he died...oh well), Thunderbolts and Norman Osborn ( i hope he still remembers Spidey's identity), mark waid's comin, skrulls are comin, Spidey and Daredevil are teamin up (i've been waiting years for this), and the annual's comin and we'll discover that Jackpot was MJ all along. Lol. Looks like things might be lookin up for the Spidey books...hopefully.

Again, we already know Jackpot's identity. See: ASM #551

I dont think that lady was really Jackpot, Jackpot said her name was Sara Ehret, but i think she was just being sarcastic, i think she made the name up and there just happened to be a real Sara Ehret. Why would she just flat out say her identity like that?

They've not disclosed JAckpots identity yet.

That was a red herring to try and add mystery or depth to the "secret".

It is either MJ, or some girl who wants to be a superhero and at the same time mimich MJ's looks AND the way she talks. Lame either way, but lamer if it is ISN"T MJ by far.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=154568

Here's an interview with roger stern about his new hulk comic. He talks about writing Spider-Man.

"...the only one that I'm up-to-date with is Amazing Spider-Man. It's great to see a Spider-Man comic that reads so true after all these years. And I'd say that even if Steve Wacker hadn't asked me to write a new Spider-Man story of my own."

Is Stern going to write more Spider-Man stories and I just didn't know?

Yeah... Stern is going to pen some BND One-Shots, and possibly some monthly slots...

:yay:

Here's an interview with roger stern about his new hulk comic. He talks about writing Spider-Man.

"...the only one that I'm up-to-date with is Amazing Spider-Man. It's great to see a Spider-Man comic that reads so true after all these years. And I'd say that even if Steve Wacker hadn't asked me to write a new Spider-Man story of my own."

Steve Wacker said a few weeks ago that he was talking to Stern about possibly writing some new Spider-Man stories, but it hadn't been confirmed that he would in fact be doing it...until now. :woot:

Steve Wacker said a few weeks ago that he was talking to Stern about possibly writing some new Spider-Man stories, but it hadn't been confirmed that he would in fact be doing it...until now. :woot:

*Starts whistling "Happy days are here again."* :woot:

What? aaww man. that really sucks, that really defeats the whole purpose of Norman Osborn. His knowledge of Peter's secret identity is what made him such a great villain. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to his return but man that sucks.

Awesome! It's going to be so great having Roger Stern write some Spidey stories. :up:

Does anyone know the name of the Rehab place that Harry went to?
Cause that is the most kickarse Rehab Center That I've seen... They even cure death!

I complained for years that there were so many popular artists that couldn't tell a story if there lives depended on it. Now it seems like the trend is the opposite. That is really solid comic-art story telling. Can't wait for next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"