Comics Brand New Day Discussion Thread

I am very excited that we went thru a big satanic reboot and history and continuity erasure just so we could finally have a story where Peter goes thrut he angst of thinking about finally moving out on Aunt May.

We couldn't have witnessed Pete's angst thinking about moving out on Aunt May if he was still married. :whatever:

I complained for years that there were so many popular artists that couldn't tell a story if there lives depended on it. Now it seems like the trend is the opposite. That is really solid comic-art story telling. Can't wait for next week.

Two weeks. And that would be Gale and Kitson. Slott and Martin's arc doesn't start until May 14th.

I was really REALLY behind on all my Spider-Man reading the past few months and since ASM is weekly I had a ton of comics to read.

Even with the rotating creative teams there is a really nice flow to everything and I've enjoyed this change. At first it felt dirty and wrong because of the debacle that started it all, but in the end I feel it was for a good cause. The new villains and the new supporting cast is really awesome.

This book has everything that a Spider-Man fan can want and then some. The writing is spot on whether it's Slott, Guggenheim, Gale, or Wells. And the artwork for each month is always top notch. I have to say that McNiven and Larroca were my two favorites so far.

There were a few flubs with the New Avengers stuff and the constant comments from Quesada could go but this is basically the Spider-Man book I've been wanting and waiting for. Hopefully this keeps up and lets hope that Jackpot isn't Mary Jane because that would be freakin' gay. But it probably is, haha.

This book is worth it and will be in my pull list for quite some time.

Working two jobs, being in a band, and trying to be in love with a wonderful woman. I kind of feel like Spider-Man sometimes with all that, heh.

Figured I would drop in and share my opinion of the Spidey books. It's good to see everyone is still so angry!! :oldrazz:

Well...i always enjoy your varying views, when you keep them under control...lol...:cwink:

Excuse my tardiness, but back in OMD what did Mary Jane whisper to Memphisto before they split? Thanks.

Well it sounds like I am glad I stopped reading Spider-Man comics. Sounds like Marvel took an easy out.
I like Spidey's identity being secret again. But him no longer having been married as far as everyone else knows. No. MJ and him were perfect for each other.
And MJ is now a superhero. No thats just wrong.
Everyone does not have to be a superhero.

Richard Vasseur
www.jazmaonline.com

Maybe she told him she liked waffles!

Who knows!

The whole thing is silly to begin with, dealing away her marriage to make an old lady live a bit longer...and being cool with dealing with the devil to begin with. As if he cares about their marriage, or aunt may, or what MJ would whisper to him. How cute.

Working two jobs, being in a band, and trying to be in love with a wonderful woman. I kind of feel like Spider-Man sometimes with all that, heh.

Figured I would drop in and share my opinion of the Spidey books. It's good to see everyone is still so angry!! :oldrazz:

Good to see that you're alive SIAT!!
So are you duking it out with guys in multi colored tights too? Cause you kinda need that to feel like Spidey... lol
in any case good to see that you're around...

Well it sounds like I am glad I stopped reading Spider-Man comics. Sounds like Marvel took an easy out.
I like Spidey's identity being secret again. But him no longer having been married as far as everyone else knows. No. MJ and him were perfect for each other.
And MJ is now a superhero. No thats just wrong.
Everyone does not have to be a superhero.

Richard Vasseur
www.jazmaonline.com

Link?

I don't think Jackpot is MJ.

But you have to admit, it's a very stupid and very cheap tease that they've put together.

I think Jackpot is probably MJ's sister. We haven't seen her for a long time.

I don't think Jackpot is MJ.

But you have to admit, it's a very stupid and very cheap tease that they've put together.

I think Jackpot is probably MJ's sister. We haven't seen her for a long time.

If it's MJ then Pete will officially be replacing Lois Lane as the "duuhhhhhh" character in all of comics!!

I don't think this has been shown. A pencilled page from Jiminez ASM #568. I believe the woman (Classified?) who's shown on the bottom is the one who discovers Spidey's secret ID according to what we've read.

Isn't there 2 Spider-men in this issue? One wonders if she'll figure out the imposter's identity by mistake.

Just a guess.:yay:

http://comics.ign.com/dor/objects/7...der-man-20080418082632761.html?page=mediaFull

ASM558PROMOA_let.jpg

These a-holes better stay the hell away from Kraven.

These a-holes better stay the hell away from Kraven.

Cut loose... tell us how you REALLY feel... :oldrazz:

Seeing as the only GOOD Kraven story was his last one, maybe he's due for some more greatness.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

:yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"