Superman Returns Brandon Routh on Letterman at YouTube

Man_of_Steel

Civilian
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody's posted about this yet, but you can now watch the interview between David Letterman and Brandon Routh that aired on Tuesday, the 20th.

Personally, I think the interview is crap. It seems Letterman's only goal is to try to embarass/make fun of Brandon. As far as I know, this is Brandon's first talk show interview, so I feel terrible for him...how awkward it must have been. I understand Letterman's supposed to make jokes and be "funny", but personally I think he takes it too far. However, the best part of the interview is the end when everyone is amazed by the airplane clip. Letterman just says, "Wow..."

Here's the link, watch it for yourselves and decide how you feel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIsPY9zV3MQ&search=brandon routh

I know, Letterman SUCKS!!.....conan RULES.

Conan's brilliant, and the great thing about him is he's actually genuinely interested in his guests.

lol "superman's still here"

great title for the sequel

Yeah, that's Letterman's style.... he does that to everyone. There's a reason why CBS is geared towards older people.... a long talk about corn dogs? Actually, I enjoyed that. Was a bit hungry at the time.

Man, every time I see that clip, I'm always in awe. I love how you can feel the wonder in the audience... and yeah, that "whoa" from Letterman captures the feeling

Guys, that wasn't a bad interview at all. They had fun with it and just messed around. Least this one was a little different from every other interview that just asks the standard questions, this one had corn dogs in it! Come on, where else will you hear that? Routh seems to be a very kind guy, who will hopefully go far. At times he still feels like a deer in the headlights, but at other times he seems like a veteran. I guess that is what gives him his appeal.

Topdawg said:
I know, Letterman SUCKS!!.....conan RULES.

YES! DAMN STRAIGHT!

CONAN 4 LIFE!!

Leno ain't bad, though. Letterman sucks balls. But Conan is god.

good interview.... poor routh, so nervous, so awkward.... don't worry, he'll grow into it

compare it to the Margo interview for Superman IV...... now that was a train-wreck.... ha...

i think brandon handled himself quite well. i liked it.

Man I can't believe I didn't know about this interview.

PSU442 said:
compare it to the Margo interview for Superman IV...... now that was a train-wreck.... ha...

is that online anywhere? :p

the more i see of routh in person, the more i just get the impression that he really is a great guy in real life.

what's that line from 'baseketball' with the unsolved mysteries guy? "if i were a woman, i sure would like to be his girlfriend... cuddled, in the spoon position."

just kidding, but seriously.

Hehe...Letterman is such a dork. :p

I just realized how much Brandon even sounds like Christopher Reeve. Wow...

He seems like a nice guy. It's funny, I work with a company located in Iowa (who are always trying to get us to come to the State Fair), and one of our reps there has a friend who lived on the same street as Brandon Routh. She's even gotten his autograph already. :)

I'm ridiculously excited for this movie now. :up:

Why is everyone complaining :confused:

Letterman was interested in the film. Routh handled himself well and looked like he was having fun. I loved the corndog discussion... Thoight that was funny as all hell.

Sure he aint Conan, but it was still a great interview for him.

The interview is fun and great. Letterman is joking pretty badly YES, but Routh can take it. Routh was great in this interview.. he's so calm and collected. The guy is fantastic.

Letterman was being Letterman.:up:

With every new clip of Routh, it becomes clear that this is a role that he's destined to play.

"Superman Stays" for the sequel. :p

ha... i liked Brandon's "I'm not sure what to do" reaction after the old movie clip was shown. And that Margo interview's on YouTube too, sorry. Letterman really seems against the movie in that one...

Brandon handled himself well, and he seems like a nice guy too :supes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"