Superman Returns Brandon Routh the Bartender

poor Kal penn .. noone noticed that he was in that interveiw

^^He did a decent job on 24...untill he died of course.

There is even someone bigger... his name is Shahrukh Khan... he's India's biggest bollywood star and regardless of how much you crap on bollywood, this man's story of getting from:

a degree in mass communications from one of India's best colleges St Xaviers, both his parents died when he was younger and then his sister (who used to be one of the earners for the family and was an extremely bright intelligent hard worker) became extremely mentally disturbed, almost a vegetative shock state after the death of the parents...

So Shahrukh Khan, on his own financing his way with multiple jobs, and tad tiny bit roles (like 1 or 2 ads) managed to get his college degree, pay for his own tuition, TAKE CARE OF HIS SISTER AND at the same time pursued the love of his life Gauri whom he met during his college years. Gauri's parents wouldn't allow for Shahrukh Khan to marry Gauri and they were shifted to Mumbai... Khan after completing his degree wanted to pursue acting and also chased down Gauri all the way to Mumbai to ask her to marry him

Gauri agreed, Khan did his all best to try to get into the industry, getting rejected left right and center for his "untraditional not so good looking classical bollywood star looks/physique" FINALLY managed to score a major TV gig about the Indian Circus followed by another about the Indian Army, which became his launching pad into films...

The man had literally nothing except drive, drive, charisma, and a level of intelligence not witnessed before in Indian cinema in general... using his extremely sharp mind, he found a way balance his budget, take care of his sister, win the love of his life, start a family, and become India's current biggest star.

THAT is one of the ultimate rags to riches story... much more so than any other celebrity listed on this topic

warning, don't read this!
In 1945,a young girl named katu lata kulu came over to America in a grey boat from Africa. A mysterious man killed her by cutting the word "LATUALATUKA" into her back. now that you have read this message she will come to your house on a full moon and steal your soul unless you follow these directions:
1. Retype this message as a comment for three other videos

poor Kal penn .. noone noticed that he was in that interveiw

Don't fret about Kal. He has a huge development deal and actually offered Routh a cameo in his next film. Routh is fading back into anonymity, but Penn is making big career moves.

Penn is making big career moves.

Yeah...like Van Wilder 2.

No wait...no one saw that.

Epic Movie...no wait. That's one of the most critically hated films this year and can probably expect a 60% drop this weekend.

While I do like Kal Penn, he's not a huge star. The most he's known for is being Kumar. As far as Routh goes, he has a healthy road ahead of him as long as he makes smart movie decisions.

Yeah...like Van Wilder 2.

No wait...no one saw that.

Epic Movie...no wait. That's one of the most critically hated films this year and can probably expect a 60% drop this weekend.

While I do like Kal Penn, he's not a huge star. The most he's known for is being Kumar. As far as Routh goes, he has a healthy road ahead of him as long as he makes smart movie decisions.

Kal is getting work and has a development deal. Routh is basically an awards presenter now and, if Singer does not get a sequel, will likely fade back to total anonymity IMO.

Good thing you put the 'IMO' thing there. Now all the credibility of your statement is gone.

Kal is getting work and has a development deal. Routh is basically an awards presenter now and, if Singer does not get a sequel, will likely fade back to total anonymity IMO.

Getting work does not mean that's he's a big star. And I think it's pretty much a given that SR 2 is going to happen. Singer's signed, all they need to do is greenlight a script.

Getting work does not mean that's he's a big star. And I think it's pretty much a given that SR 2 is going to happen. Singer's signed, all they need to do is greenlight a script.

Never said Kal was a big star, but he is getting lots more work than Routh - whom SR did not turn into the superstar some spec'd would happen. Oh well, its show business.

Never said Kal was a big star, but he is getting lots more work than Routh - whom SR did not turn into the superstar some spec'd would happen. Oh well, its show business.

We've been over this before. You A) have no idea if Routh has been offered anything aside from the cameo, B) don't seem to understand that SR came out a mere 7 months ago and Routh isn't going to have a thousand movies lined up immediately after, and C) keep ignoring the fact that Christopher Reeve didn't have non stop offers coming to him after the success of Superman.

It's that spin. It just keeps going 'round and round.

I just saw this old interview with Brandon Routh hanging out at his old bartending job at Lucky Strike Lanes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79MCraczhbc&NR

And I realized how random it was for someone to go from a job like that to playing the most iconic American hero.

It's crazy.

This has to be the biggest leap from being a nobody to being someone important I've never seen in the motion picture business. Even Reeve was a broadway actor but Brandon literally went from nothing to the leading role in a 200 million dollar movie.

This has to be some kind of record.

i thought brandon could attain instant celebrity status and be a household's name just like Leonardo dicaprio, corin farrell and josh harnett.
poor brandon, from nobody, thought himself could be somebody but back to nobody again. wow, disappointment and the huge pressure, hope he can handle those.

Has he even signed on to do anymore movies?

Harrison Ford....from carpenter for hire to Han Solo in one year.

well Ford wasnt a carpenter perse, he was more like what Routh was, quoting matrix here:

Well he did some acting. I mean it's not he was literally picked from a bar just cause he looked like Supes and then cast.
If i remember correcly the Bar job was just something he did besides the acting.
Didn't he even play in WIll and Grace :huh:

i remember the interview Ford gave (i think it was over at Martha Stewart or something) and he mentioned that it was something that was often misunderstood: he wasnt a carpenter by profession, he was an actor who did carpentry work to make ends meet.

i thought brandon could attain instant celebrity status and be a household's name just like Leonardo dicaprio, corin farrell and josh harnett.
poor brandon, from nobody, thought himself could be somebody but back to nobody again. wow, disappointment and the huge pressure, hope he can handle those.

If a sequel does not get a green light, his career is over. He will get the blame - Not Singer or WB. That is the biz. Not fair at all but that is what will happen if WB ends the franchise now.

Maybe he can go back to OLTL - problem is viewers of that soap don't seem to want him back. Don't believe me? Join Soapzone.com for a month (the minimum sign-up), 3 bucks is the cost. Go to the OLTL forum and ask them - they saw Routh for a year plus and can tell you in their own words. Its really fun - I joined a few months back and it was quite revealing. But don't believe me - go to the SZ OLTL forums.

If a sequel does not get a green light, his career is over. He will get the blame - Not Singer or WB. That is the biz. Not fair at all but that is what will happen if WB ends the franchise now.

Maybe he can go back to OLTL - problem is viewers of that soap don't seem to want him back. Don't believe me? Join Soapzone.com for a month (the minimum sign-up), 3 bucks is the cost. Go to the OLTL forum and ask them - they saw Routh for a year plus and can tell you in their own words. Its really fun - I joined a few months back and it was quite revealing. But don't believe me - go to the SZ OLTL forums.

spit.gif

Yeah...Kal Penn is really lighting it up...he spoke two words in Superman Returns, Rise of Taj bombed grossing a little over 4 million, he died after 4 episodes of 24. Not that I don't like Kal Penn, I think he's funny as hell, but let's let your blind hatred of anything Returns spin the truth yet again.

its not that kall penn is getting more work. he takes every movie he can. i guess brandon wants to be remembered from good movie.
but i am angry that he will not have a cameo with penn.

its not that kall penn is getting more work. he takes every movie he can. i guess brandon wants to be remembered from good movie.
but i am angry that he will not have a cameo with penn.

i thought WB controlling him, considering how much money they have invested into him. (getting him the male of tomorrow award, passing the Olympic torch , flying him everywhere for the premiere and such.)

i thought WB controlling him, considering how much money they have invested into him. (getting him the male of tomorrow award, passing the Olympic torch , flying him everywhere for the premiere and such.)

well Brandon has been quoted that he's being careful with the next project he's gonna take on, he said so far the roles coming his way are almost exactly the same as Superman/ Clark Kent or the complete opposite.

although there may be some truth that WB is controlling his image, didnt Chris Reeve say something like this? cant have the guy playing Superman-- the ultimate role model-- be caught doing something embarassing.

we dont want a new britney spears. because if they are controling him thats will happen.

although there may be some truth that WB is controlling his image, didnt Chris Reeve say something like this? cant have the guy playing Superman-- the ultimate role model-- be caught doing something embarassing.

Like when he kissed Michael Caine (Alfred?) square on the lips after killing someone in Deathtrap?

deathtrap_02.jpg

^ i was thinking more along the lines of getting out of your ride w/o bloomers, but yeah that comes close to that ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"