Brave and the Bold Cancelled!

Orb

Lord of Demons
Reaction score
According to IGN at the panel it was confirmed that the show will end after 13 episodes more here:

Early this morning, Batman: The Brave and the Bold made its final appearance at San Diego Comic-Con. The gracious panel more than entertained the packed room, and gave us some hints at what's to come in the rest of the season, as well as some sad news as to the fate of the series. The panel for the event consisted of moderator Sam Register, and panelists James Tucker (producer), Michael Jelenic (producer), Diedrich Bader (voice of Batman), John DiMaggio (voice of Aquaman) and Andrea Romano (voice director).

As it is always easier to give the bad news first: it was reported at this panel that the remaining 13 episodes of the second season will be the show's last. Fans of the series were vocally upset at the cancellation of this loved program, with those sentiments being shared by the talent on the panel - especially by the voice of Batman, Diedrich Bader, who called it the best gig of his career. Fortunately for the panel, everybody has future projects to go to, so nobody will be left without a job - this announcement included a hint James Tucker working on an all new Batman series.

To liven the mood, we were immediately treated with an impromptu session between Batman and Aquaman discussing the end of the series. This funny bit went a long way in bringing the crowd back, and opened up for a brief Q&A session. With the basic questions out of the way, two bits of information did surface. For one, with the popularity and Emmy nomination of the musical episode "Mayhem of the Music Meister!", we were told that the remaining 13 episodes would include the occasional song and dance number. Another piece of interesting info, was that two of DC's heaviest hitters, Superman and Wonder Woman, have been cleared to be used in upcoming episodes. While we were given no confirmation on what episodes would feature musical numbers or the appearance of two of DC's super trinity, this is exciting information for series' fans bummed out by the cancellation news.

To end The Brave and the Bold's portion of the panel, we were treated to a screening of the future episode "Emperor Joker." Straying away from spoilers, we can tell you that the episode features an opening which pays homage to Detective Comics #241 and the rainbow Batman suit, while the episode itself brings back fan favorite Bat-Mite who desperately wants to see his favorite hero go up against his arch-nemesis The Joker. With plenty of humor, a musical number and the possible death of Batman at the hands of the Clown Prince of Crime, this episode had everything that fans of the series want from The Brave and the Bold. Unfortunately no air date was given for the episode, but you can expect to see it when the remaining 13 episodes air starting in August.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Well, ain't this a *****?! :mad:
this announcement included a hint James Tucker working on an all new Batman series.
Interesting.
For one, with the popularity and Emmy nomination of the musical episode "Mayhem of the Music Meister!"
Damn straight.

Bummer....I love the show.

Words cannot describe the sadness I feel right now.

First Spectacular Spider-Man, now this..... :csad:

It's like someone put a hit out on all the great superhero cartoons. :csad:

First Spectacular Spider-Man, now this..... :csad:

It's like someone put a hit out on all the great superhero cartoons. :csad:

*Foams at mouth* This...just this. It's like they are trying to stop me from watching cartoons anymore. This was the only show I had now that Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men had been axed and now this one has been cut as well. I was looking forward to seeing more silver age goodness.

Another piece of interesting info, was that two of DC's heaviest hitters, Superman and Wonder Woman, have been cleared to be used in upcoming episodes.

Oh what the [CENSORED]?!?!!

I tried but there's something about the show that falls to my taste so that's why I didn't see this show cancellation as a major loss, eheh don't kill me guys. :O
But still, is sad to see that they are canceling another show the fans like.

Last edited:
Maybe if they had kept an decent air date for the episodes it wouldn't have been cancelled.

Maybe if they had kept an decent air date for the episodes it wouldn't have been cancelled.

Honestly, the ****ed up schedule for the show that CN has given for the past two years is probably a huge part of it.

Damn near feels like Justice League Unlimited all over again. :(

To all the Brave & Bold fans who also read monthly comics, IGN interview on Morrison's Batman inc:
Batman Inc. is Brave and the Bold meets Just Cause or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare! That's my pitch! Throw in a dash of Mission Impossible and a pinch of The Magic Christian and it's nearly there.

So does this mean I win?

I mean, I'm pretty sure I called this, saying it was only going to last 2 seasons.

Sorry for the people who liked it, but majority rules!!

No, I'm pretty sure it means you lose. :o

I mean, I'm pretty sure I called this, saying it was only going to last 2 seasons.

It receives 3 seasons. 2 seasons of 23 episodes and 3rd season with 13 episodes. Only BTAS & Brave and Bold have managed to gain over 56 episodes, thus Brave & Bold could be officially said to be: the most succesful Batman show since BTAS. :)

Only BTAS & Brave and Bold have managed to gain over 56 episodes, thus Brave & Bold could be officially said to be: the most succesful Batman show since BTAS. :)
The Batman ran for 65 episodes.

There are, however, some contradictory reports coming from people who attended the Comic-Con panel for The Brave and the Bold. There's been at least one Tweet saying that there'll be 12 new episodes in the fall and then 13 new episodes in the spring. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up unduly, but it's possible that there are crossed wires here and that IGN misunderstood the situation and unwittingly gave a false impression in their report.

umm the batman was 5 seasons...
5*13 = 65..+one dtv

the brave and bold = 43...however if you include the 13 it should be 56..but it might be more like 51 (as some are already listed on wiki/imdb etc). BUT even if the above poster is right and the 13 have not been added to the 43 it would only equal 66, and then they would be equal. which would be interesting, but highly unlikely...especially since i can't see how if u went into spring next year you would be in a new season..

Last edited:
The Brave and the Bold will have at least 52 episodes. What constitutes a season is arguable because the network can hold episodes ordered for one season to air in another, but the show's episode orders came in three batches. It had an initial 26-episode order, then a second 26-episode order. All of those episodes have been produced. There was then a third order for 13 episodes, which would bring it to 65 episodes, the point at which successful shows are often brought to an end. The question here is whether that final order of 13 episodes has been produced or not.

The Batman ran for 65 episodes.

Oops!
There are, however, some contradictory reports coming from people who attended the Comic-Con panel for The Brave and the Bold. There's been at least one Tweet saying that there'll be 12 new episodes in the fall and then 13 new episodes in the spring. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up unduly, but it's possible that there are crossed wires here and that IGN misunderstood the situation and unwittingly gave a false impression in their report.

Brave & Bold season 1 and Season 2 both have 23 episodes or so. It was a question whenever or not a next season would arrive, and then we learned that 13 more episodes we're quarenteed. This means we're still getting the rest of the season 2 and the promised 13 additional episodes. Then it's game over.

It's very questionable why they pulled this decision with the show receiving an emmy nomination and whatnot.

The Brave and the Bold will have at least 52 episodes. What constitutes a season is arguable because the network can hold episodes ordered for one season to air in another, but the show's episode orders came in three batches. It had an initial 26-episode order, then a second 26-episode order. All of those episodes have been produced. There was then a third order for 13 episodes, which would bring it to 65 episodes, the point at which successful shows are often brought to an end. The question here is whether that final order of 13 episodes has been produced or not.

Interesting, because it states in the earlier post the remainder of the second season 13 episodes will be aired..

which would mean 54...

I think we will have to wait for the final numbers after the show is ended, but if IGN has it right..it'll be 54..

Brave & Bold season 1 and Season 2 both have 23 episodes or so. It was a question whenever or not a next season would arrive, and then we learned that 13 more episodes we're quarenteed. This means we're still getting the rest of the season 2 and the promised 13 additional episodes. Then it's game over.
As I said, the first two orders were for 26 episodes each, although they didn't air all of those episodes in solid season runs. There was then an order for another 13 episodes. It's possible that IGN mistakenly referred to those last 13 episodes as being part of the second season and thus the confusion.

It's very questionable why they pulled this decision with the show receiving an emmy nomination and whatnot.
If it gets 65 episodes then it's not questionable at all. In the field of weekly action-adventure animated shows these days 52 episodes is a success and 65 episodes is the gold standard and the point at which most shows are brought to an end.

We've already recieved reports on the 3rd season of 13 episodes including writers on scripts, animation etc.

I'm pretty sure this means we'll get 3 seasons - 26, 26 and 13, bringing it to syndication at 65 eps. I reckon people have just got it all distorted.

So, I wonder what Tucker has planned for another Batman series...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"