Brave and the Bold Cancelled!

This is a shame. It was a great show and had a lot more to offer.

hopefully margot some how got hired from wb and is runnin it

So does this mean I win?

I mean, I'm pretty sure I called this, saying it was only going to last 2 seasons.

Sorry for the people who liked it, but majority rules!!

I was under the impression that the majority liked this show.

Sucks that it was cancelled, but I'll be honest, I haven't even seen anything mentioning the show in a loooong while.

That's probably because the dumb bastards at Cartoon Network, in their infinite wisdom, decided to air, like, two episode every three months.

Yeah, they mismanage a lot of their good shows.

So does this mean I win?

I mean, I'm pretty sure I called this, saying it was only going to last 2 seasons.

Sorry for the people who liked it, but majority rules!!
The majority DO like it, it has been a big success. It's just the minority that doesn't like it suffer from inferiority complexes, delusions of cleverness and bouts of immature boasting like the one above me now.

The majority DO like it, it has been a big success. It's just the minority that doesn't like it suffer from inferiority complexes, delusions of cleverness and bouts of immature boasting like the one above me now.

aka they are right and im just a sore loser cause i was wrong.
:awesome:

First Spectacular Spider-Man, now this..... :csad:

It's like someone put a hit out on all the great superhero cartoons. :csad:

Seriously. Like, if I was rich, I'd pay money to have them write more for both. As well as a DTV featuring the Music Meister.

So does this mean I win?

No, it means we all lose. :(

Talk about a show that did everything right. A true shame.

CN really screwed the pooch here and now we all pay the price... :csad:

False alarm! IGN was indeed mistaken and has posted a correction:

Update: Sorry guys, we somewhat misheard this. The show is indeed ending, but they still have the second half of Season 2 to air. There will then there will be a 13-episode Season 3, which will be the final one. Season 1 and 2 each consisted of 26 episodes each.

The show will run for 65 episodes after all, as expected.

65 episodes is great stuff, but isn't it still really a too early move? The show was popular, received an emmy nomination... It was the next BTAS for alot of fans. The creators obviously had alot of stories up their sleeves to tell aswell.

The world of animated TV is different to live action TV. In the latter they'll try to run shows for as long as possible if the ratings are still good. A lot of animated shows are brought to a close after 65 episodes no matter what. 52 to 65 episodes suits their needs so far as syndication and merchandising. Very popular shows that run for longer than 52 to 65 episodes will generally be re-branded to do so (such as Justice League continuing as Justice League Unlimited and Ben 10 continuing as Ben 10: Alien Force and Ben 10: Ultimate Alien). Warner Animation has been following a pattern of 65 episodes and out with their DC shows since JLU. Teen Titans, The Batman, and now Batman: The Brave and the Bold all came to a close when they hit the 65-episode gold standard.

The world of animated TV is different to live action TV. In the latter they'll try to run shows for as long as possible if the ratings are still good. A lot of animated shows are brought to a close after 65 episodes no matter what. 52 to 65 episodes suits their needs so far as syndication and merchandising. Very popular shows that run for longer than 52 to 65 episodes will generally be re-branded to do so (such as Justice League continuing as Justice League Unlimited and Ben 10 continuing as Ben 10: Alien Force and Ben 10: Ultimate Alien). Warner Animation has been following a pattern of 65 episodes and out with their DC shows since JLU. Teen Titans, The Batman, and now Batman: The Brave and the Bold all came to a close when they hit the 65-episode gold standard.

Ah understood. :(

By the way Geoff Johns is saying that Cassandra Cain will appear outside of comics. Maybe she will appear in the next Batman show. (Barbara Gordon is the Batgirl for this show) or Young Justice cartoon. Unless he actually meant Arkham Asylum sequel videogame.

At least we get 65 eppy's I was really sad cause I thought they'd just leave it at 52. Still sucks though, unless Tucker's new Batman show ends up being a rebranding of this one :awesome:

Getting 65 episodes is nice and all, but this show could've gone longer.

At least we get 65 eppy's I was really sad cause I thought they'd just leave it at 52. Still sucks though, unless Tucker's new Batman show ends up being a rebranding of this one :awesome:

He said the new show will be radically different, and perhaps in CGI too due to the GL cartoon also being one.

NOOOOOOO! This is terrible news! Brave and The Bold was my favorite cartoon in years. My Friday nights won't be the same after the last season.

I had a feeling that somewhere some higher up executive or something just didn't like the show. It was rarely rerun outside it's time slot. It's always getting bumped for some stupid movie or special. And now this...

Oh well, I look forward to whatever new episodes we get. Especially a Superman Wonder Woman team up! And here's hoping for a full series box set down the line, cause I'd buy the sh** outta that!

Honestly, the ****ed up schedule for the show that CN has given for the past two years is probably a huge part of it.
I know. They've been doing this to a lot of shows.
Damn near feels like Justice League Unlimited all over again. :(
Seriously.
The world of animated TV is different to live action TV. In the latter they'll try to run shows for as long as possible if the ratings are still good. A lot of animated shows are brought to a close after 65 episodes no matter what. 52 to 65 episodes suits their needs so far as syndication and merchandising.
This is with exceptions of course, but with this show being popular, I was hoping for more.
Getting 65 episodes is nice and all, but this show could've gone longer.
I agree.

False alarm! IGN was indeed mistaken and has posted a correction:

Update: Sorry guys, we somewhat misheard this. The show is indeed ending, but they still have the second half of Season 2 to air. There will then there will be a 13-episode Season 3, which will be the final one. Season 1 and 2 each consisted of 26 episodes each.

The show will run for 65 episodes after all, as expected.

:cmad: SON OF A ***** !!!!!!:angry::wall:

Another piece of interesting info, was that two of DC's heaviest hitters, Superman and Wonder Woman, have been cleared to be used in upcoming episodes.

Oh well at least we'll get to finally have The DC Trinity teamup episode now .:ybat::super::ww:

Wait, I can't remember is you guys like the show or not, which are you upset about?

I love the show, the series did an Incredible job in showcasing the other lesser known heroes of the DCU Heroes and Villains . With Batman front and center showing that he most certainly is a Super Hero that can go up against any foe and win because he's the ultimate mastermind when it comes to strategic planing .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"