Brie Larson is Captain Marvel!

I didnt mention Gadot but atleast she has some charisma and charming in her interpretation. Brie seems a nice girl but she is not that charismatic.

I personally didn't find her bland I think she came of more stoic and that's a story purpose, because in brie Larson interview she spoke about her character carol having an unemotional side to her. Here's the quote “You have this Kree part of her that’s unemotional, that is an amazing fighter and competitive. Then there’s this human part of her that is flawed but is also the thing that she ends up leading by. It’s the thing that gets her in trouble, but it’s also the thing that makes her great. And those two sides warring against each other is what makes her her.” From that quote I think that's why for the most part she was like that in the trailer, because if you compare human carol to kree carol in the trailer there’s a differences here’s a photo comparison, we will probably see her fun, loving, human side as her character story progresses in the movie.

qm32piox7mn11.jpg

^^ I agree

And for the record, I don't find Brie bland or boring at all... everything I've seen her in she has a fairly effortless charm about her

Maybe she just doesn't "trailer" well, that effortlessness comes off as detached, idk

Haha, good move by Brie. Smiles in the wrong contexts look ridiculous at best, creepy at worst.

Seriously, this whole thing about Brie needing to smile or alter her facial expression in some arbitrary way is stupid. I'm a guy, and I'm often amazed at how much idiocy women have to put up with sometimes from some of the idiots out there. Constantly expecting a smile from women without regard to context is stupid, and it comes across as more than a little condescending. Reminds me of Kilgrave constantly telling Jessica Jones to smile when he was trying to control her.

Pretty sure that's exactly why they included that dialogue for Kilgrave, because of these types of situations

Just watched Kong Skull Island again. The only way she'll be unemotional like a brick wall is if she's directed that way. In KSI she is nothing like that!

She’s incredible in skull island. Everyone is. I was not expecting that movie to be good at all but it really surprised me!

Brie was great in Scott Pilgrim Vs The World movie. In Kong The Skull Island, the writing was not very good for most of the characters (except John C. Reilly's character) , so Brie was alright in that, wish they had given her more dialogues in that.

Hard to judge a performance on a teaser trailer. I think the fair thing to do is to see when a longer trailer comes out. Brie is a talented solid actress so best to be optimistic. Marvel films almost always have really solid performances from the leads so I am sure this will go up to the standard.

I was not super impressed by Gal Gadot much in the WW trailers but I thought she was great in the movie; especially her growth towards the end as she speaks on humanity to Aries. Loved that scene

Brie's done comedies and has won an Oscar... But less than two minutes of screen time in a trailer and fans are declaring, sight unseen, her a dud as Carol?

Lather, rinse, and repeat fanboys... Only this time it's gone right from being slightly humorous straight to sad.

The 'smile' replies she posted are great.

Haha, good move by Brie. Smiles in the wrong contexts look ridiculous at best, creepy at worst.

Seriously, this whole thing about Brie needing to smile or alter her facial expression in some arbitrary way is stupid. I'm a guy, and I'm often amazed at how much idiocy women have to put up with sometimes from some of the idiots out there. Constantly expecting a smile from women without regard to context is stupid, and it comes across as more than a little condescending. Reminds me of Kilgrave constantly telling Jessica Jones to smile when he was trying to control her.

Yep, that's what it reminded me of as well. My wife not only works in tech but cyber-security (massively male-dominated). The amount of crap I've seen and heard is just unbelievable, including the smile line.

I personally didn't find her bland I think she came of more stoic and that's a story purpose, because in brie Larson interview she spoke about her character carol having an unemotional side to her. Here's the quote “You have this Kree part of her that’s unemotional, that is an amazing fighter and competitive. Then there’s this human part of her that is flawed but is also the thing that she ends up leading by. It’s the thing that gets her in trouble, but it’s also the thing that makes her great. And those two sides warring against each other is what makes her her.” From that quote I think that's why for the most part she was like that in the trailer, because if you compare human carol to kree carol in the trailer there’s a differences here’s a photo comparison, we will probably see her fun, loving, human side as her character story progresses in the movie.

View attachment 10575

I like this theory, it makes a lot of sense. I felt like I watched a different trailer to a lot of people commenting. I saw plenty of different expressions. As you said, all her 'bland' looks seemed to largely be while she was doing Kree stuff.

The more I see of the trailer the more emotion I see in her face. For some reason a woman having a 'serious' face is something to be chided. Men can be serious, but women get crap over it.

The people who are complaining about the lack of "smiles" in the trailer have no idea how to interpret anything of what they see. That or they are expecting constant comedy and jokes, which being a mcu movie is not something they can be blamed for.
But Brie is gonna shut all the haters up, the mcu usually gets the casting right.

Watched room last night. It broke me. Anyone has any issues with brie it's not about acting.

Can everyone with their political agendas right or left just leave us alone to enjoy films please?

I assume it's to do with the movie plot and not bad acting.

Remember it's more or less clear she's been brainwashed into a cold inhuman warrior, it's how she gets there and back from what's been revealed in that trailer we should be more interested in not worrying this is Marvel's version of The Last Jedi which it certainly can't be!

I don't believe Marvel could lower their standards THAT far!

Watched room last night. It broke me. Anyone has any issues with brie it's not about acting.

Can everyone with their political agendas right or left just leave us alone to enjoy films please?
I’ll have to check that out. :up:

Which actor is that?

It's probably best not to know. It's a strange one where you don't know if it's a boy or girl really. Watch the film you'll understand.

Trailer

I assume it's to do with the movie plot and not bad acting.

Remember it's more or less clear she's been brainwashed into a cold inhuman warrior, it's how she gets there and back from what's been revealed in that trailer we should be more interested in not worrying this is Marvel's version of The Last Jedi which it certainly can't be!

I don't believe Marvel could lower their standards THAT far!

How is this film in any fashion at all similar to TLJ that it has to be brought up? This just comes off like you simply had to take a shot at a film you disliked.

Lets be honest, most blokes that are complaining it's because she didn't give them an erection. Gal gadot, margot robbie did the same thing they'd just be drooling

Brie is georgeous but not enough for some.

Omg how come I am only seeing Brie sing till now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"