Broken Pieces

This is awesome. I like it. Matt is an awesome character.

Can't wait for more.

Chapter 6: The Finale.

The next morning Matt and NDX checked the safe house before heading off to meet with the 3 suspects that Fist had given them for Ellie Watson. First up was Powder Man, they met him in his offices as they were ushered in discreetly. He was a tall man, well dressed, in his middle 50's, he owned up straight away to having spent time with Ellie.

Powder: " It wasn't like you think detectives, it was simply company "

Matt: " So we heard, but what does a well respected businessman like you need with an 18 year old hooker for company ? "

Powder sighed..

Powder: " My late wife Anne was a live spirit, full of energy and fun, most of the ppl i mix with in the circles i move, are boring, money lusting dullards, I was simply looking for a fresh voice, someone not from my tiresome world "

NDX and Matt looked at each other, they asked a few more routine questions and then left

In the car on the way to meet Jag, NDX sighed....

NDX: " Lets hope we get something from these other 2 b/c that guy is no murderer "

Matt: " How can you be sure ? darkness lies behind even the most placid of men "

NDX: " That guy can barely get up on a morning never mind murder someone "

Matt laughed....they arrived at Jags place of business, an S&M warehouse, NDX looked around as they made their way inside to speak to him.

NDX: " Guess this guy likes to mix his business and pleasure. "

Jag welcomed them into the main body of his store where a dude hung in some sort of leather contraption. Jag was around 6'1 with short spiky blond hair and a brown beard, he had a number of tattoos and piercings, his voice belied the look, he was articulate and well spoken in spit of the chain that was attached nipple to nipple and hung to his belly button.

Jag: " Gentleman, my livelihood....nah my pleasure, is taking pain to it's erogenous levels but no one is ever forced and no one ever ends up dead "

Matt: " So why Ellie ? I mean you seem to have a thriving business with I'm sure, plenty of willing partners "

Jag: " Sometimes I like to branch out, bring my gifts to a wider audience, Ellie was special, that girl had so much pain stored inside, I just wanted to help her turn it into a positive energy "

NDX: By beating the sh1t out of her ? "

Jag: " That's the misconception guys like you always make, what i do is art, just b/c even touching the heiny during sex is taboo to you doesn't mean we are all such introverted souls "

Matt: " now that's a low blow, he's been married 25 years, he#s not getting any sex "

All 3 laughed

Jag: " Look guys, Ellie was a good chick and i want the bastard caught as much as you do, i suggest you try a guy called Norm.."

NDX: " We have him on our list to see "

Jag: " that guy was a timebomb if you ask me, what I do is controlled and measured, he was carrying some real pent up sh1t from what i heard, he couldn't keep it stiff no matter what and Ellie felt really bad for the guy, he just used to say " maybe next time "....who knows what was going on behind those eyes, y'know ? "

With that in mind they headed off to the bank where Norm worked as a teller, SML had located it from the info Fist had given them.

As they entered, Matt's phone went.

Matt: " Hang on It's Sapphire, i have to take this "

NDX: " No worries, i got this "

Matt: " Whats up ? "

Sapphire: " I'm watching the news, they are saying that 6 bodies have been found at Byrds place, .........Matt they say they have security cam footage of a man going inside ? "

Matt paused, a look of shock on his face, he'd gotten sloppy, figured no one would be looking for any of those lowlifes before he had a chance to move the bodies, he composed himself.

Matt: " ok, listen to me Sapphire, take your stuff and get out of my place now, you have to do EXACTLY what i say "

NDX was standing at the till waiting for Norm to come from the back as Matt approached, Norm came from out of a side door and approached them, as he did he went beneath the till and pulled out a shotgun, Matt spotted this, a female teller screamed, NDX looked up in shock, Matt in one motion, brushed his coat aside and pulled out his gun and fired.

BANG!!!!

A bullet smashed through Norm's head as the shotgun fell from his grasp.

NDX: " Jesus that was close, guess he didn't want to answer any questions "

Matt helped NDX up and they calmed the customers down as the manager rang for the cops. NDX decided they'd leave the officers that arrived in charge and he and Matt headed off to the safehouse, Matt constantly looking for a moment to get away from NDX.

On the way there in the car, NDX got a call, he seemed suddenly uncomfortable as he made clipped replies before closing his phone.

NDX: " Just Sarah, wanting to know if I'll be home for supper tonight "

Matt smiled.......

As they arrived at the safe house they found the two uniformed officers lying dead in their car, they drew their weapons and headed inside, as they made their way up the stirs, they found Dew K Hotti lying on the floor with her neck snapped, they could hear a gurgling sound coming from the bathroom, they positioned themselves either side of the door and then kicked it in,. as they burst into the room they found Cmill attempting to drown Bella in the sink.

Matt: " Let her go and step away NOW! "

Cmill turned around with Bella still in a choke.

Cmill: " Typical of you mother****ers, always showing up when they're not wanted "

NDX:
" Why ? "

Matt: " I'm more interested in the how....that first kill was pretty sophisticated, and those 2 dead officers out there...one shots kills ? what gives "

Cmill: " Y'see all you fools did was look at the packaging, well hung brother makes skin flicks, but i did some other works on the streets before i hit the flesh racket, old dude there taught me the trade, he was a stone cold mother****er, way badder than your boy there. "

Matt:
" Well as bad as he was, I'm guessing he didn't teach you that well since you're in a no win situation here. "

Cmill: " I can snap her neck before you can pull the trigger "

Matt: " Perhaps but."

BANG!!!!!

blood ran down Cmill's head as the hole widened, his arms went limp and Bella lunged forward into NDX's arms. Matt stood with smoke coming out of his gun, eyes fixed on the dead Cmill.

Matt: " You talk to much"

As Bella stopped coughing Matt knelt down next to her

Matt: " Why was he trying to kill you ? and why the other murders ? "

Bella: " *Cough* We found out that Cmill was running a snuff business out of Brazil, i'm ashamed to say we kept quiet out of fear, but Misty had decided to stand up to him and was gonna tell all, but he got wind of it and killed her, the reason we didnt come forward immediately is that we were afraid and when there was talk of hitmen and such, we figured we may be wrong. "

As Bella calmed down NDX put a blanket over her and moved her to the bedroom to lay down. He and Matt moved into the main living room, as they did Matt heard a chopper, he looked to the window and heard a coat move behind him, he went for his gun as the sound of the trigger cocking rang behind him.

NDX: " You're fast kid.....but not that fast "

NDX was standing with his gun pointed at Matt's head

NDX: " *Sigh* I didn't want to do this, what were you thinking, for a girl you barely know ? "

Matt: " I don't have any fancy excuses, I'm made a certain way, i connect with Sapphire in a way that i don't truly understand, I did what my training told me do in the situation I was in, i protected the asset.....my asset "

NDX lowered his gun and breathed deeply, Matt turned to face him.

NDX: " SWAT are here, i let them know where we'd be in that call i got on the way here, you got a matter of seconds, make it look good "

Matt grabbed NDX in a choke hold

Matt: " You're gonna wake up with a sore head "

As NDX faded Matt took his jacket off and tore the sleeve off his jumper, he wrapped it around his face and hung the jacket over the top of a close peg, he could hear SWAT coming up the stairs. the gas grenade rolled into the room and Matt stood flat to the wall, the grenade exploded and the SWAT team hit the room blasting the jacket to shreds, Matt moved to the last one of the Swat guys to enter, he pulled his mask off and moved to the second removing his mask as well, as the other two turned around Matt kicked one in the knee taking his legs away and in the same move disarmed him and used to butt of the gun to smash the mask on the second SWAT officer before pulling the mask off the officer know on his knees.

As all 4 lay coughing and spluttering Matt made his way down the stairs and outside to his car, the chopper was circling above, he fired a warning burst at it and it maneuvered out of reach, he jumped into his car and sped off, weaving through traffic with the chopper in pursuit, a SWAT officer hung out the side of the chopper firing as the chopper swooped low behind, Matt hand braked the car and as he turned a blunt 180 he opened fire, hitting the SWAT officer in the chest and knocking him off the chopper, his body armour and low height fall saving him from anything more than bumps and bruises....the chopper pulled up over the car, Matt turned the car back around and set off towards the pier, there were now several cop cars giving chase, as he reached the pier at least 8 were right behind him, he floored it and drove straight off the end of the pier into the water..............

1 Month Later: Mexico.

An old battered blue pick up drives along a dusty road, a pretty blond at the wheel, it's Sapphire...she's approaching a roadside diner, standing on the road just outside is a man in a black shirt and jeans, wearing a cowboy hat, she pulls over.

Sapphire:
" Need a lift ? "

The man lifts the peak of the hat up, it's Matt...he smiles.

Matt: " Don't mind if i do "

He gets in and the 2 hug and kiss before Sapphire puts her foot down and they drive off down the dusty road, not sure where they were going, but knowing it can't be worse than from where they came

The End.

Ending reminds me of The Hulk.

Great tale, HR :up:

If that really was me, I would have at least taken out his pinky toe.

Good read, Hunter.

Nice Ending Hunter, one of your best. :up:

Aww, I'm happy for Matt and Sapphire.
Good stuff once again, Hunter. :yay:

I enjoyed this story from start to finish Hunter...a pretty good ending....I liked the way you visually described the scenes and atmosphere....I thought the characters were great......Although I felt this last chapter was rushed...I imagine you probably wanted to finish it so I can understand that......but the pace of your story was going much slower and I could see two or three chapters out of the last one.....but it still ended pretty strong....good job man....:up:...

Well, let me get this out of the way: :csad: @ me dying.....again. :cmad:

And now moving on, this was another frenzied yet strong resolution, Hunt. You do fic action better than anyone around, hands down. I can always visualize the sequences as I read them. And that's a huge plus.

he floored it and drove straight off the end of the pier into the water..............

So I read that, and I'm thinking, "Is this going to be one of those 'classic hero send-offs' or does The Rider have something else up his sleeve?"

....And sure enough:

1 Month Later: Mexico.

An old battered blue pick up drives along a dusty road, a pretty blond at the wheel, it's Sapphire...she's approaching a roadside diner, standing on the road just outside is a man in a black shirt and jeans, wearing a cowboy hat, she pulls over.

Sapphire:
" Need a lift ? "

The man lifts the peak of the hat up, it's Matt...he smiles.

Matt: " Don't mind if i do "

He gets in and the 2 hug and kiss before Sapphire puts her foot down and they drive off down the dusty road, not sure where they were going, but knowing it can't be worse than from where they came

:heart:

Very cool, and a very sweet ending. The way it had to be.

:up: :up: Hunt. Even though it was...."broken" up, I really enjoyed this one as a whole.

I enjoyed this story from start to finish Hunter...a pretty good ending....I liked the way you visually described the scenes and atmosphere....I thought the characters were great......Although I felt this last chapter was rushed...I imagine you probably wanted to finish it so I can understand that......but the pace of your story was going much slower and I could see two or three chapters out of the last one.....but it still ended pretty strong....good job man....:up:...

The 'POW' man here beat me to it. This is my exact thoughts on this one Hunt. You must've had an unbelievably busy holiday season because you just wrapped this thing up like it was a late christmas gift. lol

Still very good. I really liked this story and I hope we get to see these two 'appear' in a future story... you know, like Rodriguez and Tarentino like to do with their characters.

Good job on the finale, Rob! :up: I like the epilogue very much. Kinda romantic and yet there is a touch of uncertainty of what the future holds for Matt and Sapphire... but the present is what matters and at present, they have each other.

Matt ... he's like... invincible! :wow: What a sharp-shooter! That guy doesn't miss! I only wish he didnt kill Cmill too quickly. He needs to suffer for trying to drown poor Bella! :cmad:

Norman... I'd like to know what his deal is but unfortunately, he died too quickly too. How hard can working as a teller at a bank be that he'd have so much pent up anger?

Anyway, solid ending and I look forward to your next fanfic.

Hehe loved it Hunter. Thanks for making me such a bad ash :up:

Thanks everyone for the feedback. :)

You and Sentinel are right, I had decided on a certain way i was going and then I didn't like it, so i re wrote it and that meant it got wrapped up faster than I expected.

And now moving on, this was another frenzied yet strong resolution, Hunt. You do fic action better than anyone around, hands down. I can always visualize the sequences as I read them. And that's a huge plus.

Thanks, that is one of my favourite things to conceptualize and create.

So I read that, and I'm thinking, "Is this going to be one of those 'classic hero send-offs' or does The Rider have something else up his sleeve?"

....And sure enough:

:heart:

Very cool, and a very sweet ending. The way it had to be.

:up: :up: Hunt. Even though it was...."broken" up, I really enjoyed this one as a whole.
A happy-ish ending for a change. :wow: :woot:

Still very good. I really liked this story and I hope we get to see these two 'appear' in a future story... you know, like Rodriguez and Tarentino like to do with their characters.

That may well happen, there are some possibilities there.

Good job on the finale, Rob! :up: I like the epilogue very much. Kinda romantic and yet there is a touch of uncertainty of what the future holds for Matt and Sapphire... but the present is what matters and at present, they have each other.

Matt ... he's like... invincible! :wow: What a sharp-shooter! That guy doesn't miss! I only wish he didnt kill Cmill too quickly. He needs to suffer for trying to drown poor Bella! :cmad:

Norman... I'd like to know what his deal is but unfortunately, he died too quickly too. How hard can working as a teller at a bank be that he'd have so much pent up anger?

Anyway, solid ending and I look forward to your next fanfic.

I wonder if Bella cups giant balloons kept her afloat in the attempted drowning. :woot:

Norm has years of pent up anger and i mention in the story that a lot of it was his inability to keep little Norm at full mast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"