Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueserenity

blueserenity Well-Known Member

I think they should be far more concerned about not making any money rather than worrying if Sir Ian's schedule will come into conflict. As much as I love X-Men, there is no denying that Hobbit 3 will completely obliterate its box office on July 18th (and if I'm not mistaken, films take in the highest portion of earnings during the first weekend). I'm a little surprised they haven't announced a new date, and I wonder if it's a matter of pride (moving would mean them admitting a certain amount of defeat) or if they're waiting to see how production goes along before determining if they can bump it up or push it back.

2. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

They are probably waiting til next year, or at least see how The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey and The Wolverine will perform at the box-office.

But like I said before, they should move the release of DOFP while there are still vacant dates for July 2014.

3. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

They might be able to feed of the success of Avengers. Although they're not the same studio, a good majority of people are aware they both come from Marvel, and will thus go to it in the hope of something like Avengers.
    I think this time they should really work on publicity, like The Avengers. When XMFC came out, it was little focused on, despite getting amazing reviews. Again, they should take a leaf out of The Avenger's book.

4. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

Could they market the film as "Marvel's X-Men: Days of Future Past"? Or can only Marvel Studios do that?

5. psylockolussus

:doh: Oh God, I really hope they don't include "Marvel's" in the title.

Its not necessary, Avengers would still be that huge at the box-office if they didn't include "Marvel's" in the movie title.

6. JackMercy

JackMercy Well-Known Member

Interesting question...perhaps we'll see it play out. Although with Marvel, it wasn't a "can"...but rather a "must."

Marvel had to include Marvel's in the title for The Avengers [just as they had to call the UK release Avengers Assemble] because of rights issues dealing with the the unrelated 1960s British TV series...and the 1998 film debacle/adaptation. Marvel were probably "talked to" on both sides, through Europe (Canal + owns the TV rights) and Hollywood (feature film rights last known to be held by Jerry Weintraub).

You can tell that Feige doesn't like to talk about this stuff:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/ne...feige-on-uk-avengers-assemble-name-video.html

Anyway, on topic, I don't think you'll see that from FOX, but I do expect to see the typical Marvel logo at the beginning of the film.

:word:

7. Majik1387

Majik1387 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the only thing they do is show the Marvel logo at the beginning of the movie.

8. JP

JP Smelly

Now that Bryan AND Pat are back, I hope we get a voice over/cerebro doors opening again. During the press for First Class, Singer said he saw those openings as sort of the X-Men's version of a James Bond opening. Hope he gets it back.

It just always makes the films feel more epic. Especially if the theme of the film is really good (like in X2).

9. ThePowerCosmic

I like it. Makes the movies seem more special and it's no different than what Disney does with some of their movies.

10. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I have no problem with it, since they are based on Marvels comics its not like they are giving a false statement or anything. No Harm done either way imo.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  11. BobJM

BobJM Who's Bad?

I'd love for this to make a comeback

12. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

I agree. What are the chances of getting Ottman back to score?

13. J.Howlett

J.Howlett Guest

Very, very high.

14. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

It would be great to hear the X-theme from X2 redone in DOFP but a little different obviously...
    Actually the Phoenix music was great too, makes me so giddy.

15. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

yeah, I thought about X2 theme too. I imagine it would be exciting to hear it for second time on a new sequel, since all of us already heard it years ago.

it would be an epic moment, in some way. specially during the actual movie, before final battle or something. And on the end credits

16. psylockolussus

I couldn't agree more! I hope they bring back the voice-over and the cerebro door at the beginning. X3 had a voice-over at the beginning but Brett Ratner scrapped it :o.

17. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Bryan uploaded a new pic on twitter, here

There's a dude sitting next to him on the private jet (?). It's certainly not Kinberg. Question is, is it someone (new from the film crew) that we know?

18. psylockolussus

Its probably his friend.

19. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Possible but it could conceivably someone helping on the rewrites.

20. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I hope they stick to the slightly vintage theme of First Class.

21. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

I love X2's theme and I have definitely missed the voiceover/dna/cerebro door intros. They were amazing and unique to the X-Men movies and they built anticipation to the movie. Especially since the opening scenes on both of Brian's movies were emotionally powerful like the Concentratin camp scene in X1 or stunning in terms of action. That Nightcrawler white house fight scene is still at the top of my best superhero movie openings.

22. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

"Sharing the world...has never been mankind's defining attribute".

Chills.

23. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

'Every few hundred millenia...Evolution leaps forward'

That was amazing the first time with Prof X but I absolutely loved it the second time when Jean said it. Talk about an amazing, emotional ending

24. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Those opening sequences was something us X-men fans can truly call our own!

25. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

It was an homage to Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan. What a great ending to both films!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.