Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Don't count on that.It's very unlikely Bryan Singer does anything to reference The Last Stand.We are left with 2 possible choices here.

1:It will be Xavier's mind In Trin Brother's body but never referenced as such on screen.
    Cyclops and Jean may not but In film Inless they cameo at film's end after the time traveler returns to fuutre to find changes.
    2:They outright Ignore the events of Last Stand.

Right now It appears they are going for 1.Bryan Is not going to spend a lot of time dealing with the disaster Brett Ratner did.He's going to spend time on DOFP story.

2. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I doubt it. They've obviously chosen to leave that out. We don't even know if either of them are in the sequel yet.

3. huzzah

huzzah Well-Known Member

If, as you say, Bryan Singer goes for option 1 then he will be referencing the Last Stand.

4. BMM

BMM Well-Known Member

If Xavier transfers his mind into his twin brother's body, but nothing is ever said about it, then how would you even know they're going for option 1?

5. Spider-Fan83

Spider-Fan83 with great power...

but, can his twin brother walk?

6. BMM

BMM Well-Known Member

Good point. Though, I don't know why we're even discussing this. This is silly. They are not going to pick up from where The Last Stand left off, using an explanation found in the DVD commentary, and have Xavier's mind transplanted into the body of his brain dead twin brother, who can potentially walk, and not address it in the movie.

7. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I thought he had a twin sister....

8. marvelrobbins

Twin brother Is explantation from COmmantary on DVD for Xavier's mind waking up In
    new body.It was his brain dead twin brother.

9. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

If you thought the random (and never-brought up before this film) brain-dead twin brother from X3 is assinine, wait until you hear about the twin sister from the comics whom Xavier supposedly tried to kill inside his mother's womb. Ugh what the hell was that...:whatever:

10. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

In the comics, Moira was first involved with Xavier. It was only years and years later that she came to the mansion and then became involved with Banshee.

The films will probably choose to leave out her romance with Banshee, because of the age difference shown in First Class.

11. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

Yes, but the movie adapted that into a twin brother.

In the comics, Xavier's mind was transferred from his dying body into a clone created by the Shi'ar, and X3 combined that idea with the twin sister.

Of course, what sounds perfectly okay in the comics has an air of absurdity when in the films.

The twin brother mind-switch thing in X3 does sound a bit daft when you say it out loud.

12. marvelrobbins

The writers had to leave door for Xavier to return after being forced by Tom Rothman to
    Kill Xavier.

If they keep Last Stand In cannon that will be their explanation to fans when anyone asks Isn't Xavier suspose to be dead.I seriously doudt It would be reference directly on screen.

Patrick Stewert will still be In wheelchair.I don't see Bryan SInger reference Xavier's death or the cure directly on screen.And It's always possable by end of film what happened In last Stand will be moot point because of time travel.

If they go with alternate timeline choice the only way I can see that happening If DOFP Is seen as pure prequel to trilogy and alternate timeline Is what would happen If event
    that sets stage for sentinles Isn't changed and the time travel and preventing event actully help bring the trilogy Into being.That would jibe with Bryan's comments about connecting dots between film.That would make what happened to Xavier,Cyclops,and Jean In Last Stand moot for this film.Of course If they decide they want to do another film In future with original cast beyond another wolverine solo film they still have problems.But,It's possable the long planned stragedy Is to do more prequels to trilogy
    with a possable third wolverine solo film and other spinoffs In the more present.

13. JP

JP Smelly

Warm bodies press junkets got started today and continues tomorrow. Should get maybe a tidbit or two from Hoult.

14. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

Anxious for some solid news on this production. What's going on?

15. JP

JP Smelly

I am pretty shocked we haven't at least gotten casting rumors.

16. Lightning Strykez!

I know...it's like a black void. :csad:

17. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

Black void? We've had several confirmed actors.

18. marvelrobbins

Since we are mostly looking at returning actors from First Class or trilogy they can keep It under wraps.Obviously Hugh Jackman's Involvement leaked due to them neograting deal
    with studio.

I am also curious to know If we get more crew members from X-Men and X2 back with Bryan Directing.We got the X-Men/X2/X-Men Origins Costume designer back and the X-Men production designer back.

19. Lightning Strykez!

We've heard "rumors" via Bryan's twitter account, but I guess I'm looking for more solid stuff. The fact that SHH hasn't officially announced it on their front page is telling--at least to me.

20. JP

JP Smelly

Haven't announced what? They've posted every casting announcement.

McAvoy
    Fassbender
    Lawrence
    Hoult
    Stewart
    McKellen
    Jackman

21. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

Yeah, and it's those big casting announcements that have given us the most to speculate about!

22. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

Of the confirmed characters three of them, Mcavoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, and Hoult were no brainers. This is a first class sequel and so the return of the main stars was a given. Stewart, McKellen, and to a lesser extent Jackman (who let's face it was going to appear in a more prominent role in a first class sequel at some point) were the real surprise announcements. Since then there has been no information, not even rumours as someone pointed out. So I agree with the term black void.

I mean outside of casting announcements and crew announcements there has been no other news (no I don't consider a photo of a script as news even with the quote that may or may not be used on the movie) and filming begins in four months.

23. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

Lol you realise a void literally means 'nothingness' right?

Internet logic :p " No new news today = NOTHIIIING

24. Mrs Vimes

Mrs Vimes Well-Known Member

I suppose the Xmas/New Year's season might have been a contribution to the slow news. Even film people must have holidays and stuff.

25. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

I honestly don't know what constitutes as 'news' this far before filming... So the majority of the main cast announced (several of whom give us strong clues to the films plot), all months before they've even started filming, is nothing?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.