Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love it future Logan is accompanied by an young adult Jubilee

The younger Magneto should be more like Mckellen.

I hope not - why re-create the same kind of character, just younger? Especially when you will actually have the older character in the same film; part of the fun of having both young and old Spock in the last Star Trek movie was in seeing how different the character is at different stages of his life. I like both interpretations.

I kind of hate that each sequel has a different manssion. I think they need to DECIDE what manssion they want for the franchise and respect it for ALL the movies.

I've been watching Homeland on DVD lately and every time they show that aerial shot of the CIA headquarters I think back to First Class and Charles' first visit :woot:

Come to think of it, Charles is exactly who the CIA guys on that show need; he'd get the whole plot sorted before teatime.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Hollywood needs a new shot of the CIA headquarters. I notice it every time it's used on Homeland, which is quite a lot, especially during Season 2. I even saw it used during the introduction of Zero Dark Thirty, at the Golden Globes, last night.

Well, let's hope the X-Men don't return to the same mansion as Smallville's Lex Luthor and Green Arrow's Queen family. It must be getting a bit crowded in there.

Mind you, Stephen Amell would make a good Havok too, lol...

Anybody knows where I can get my hands on that yellow shirt Siryn is wearing?

Hopefully there's a guys T shirt of it.
Idk about the shirt, but apparently someone did buy the PJ's she wore in x2...
http://www.propmasters.net/product_...d=705&osCsid=c50e3209b120e1392912968a33520d01

then took picture of a girl modeling them...
http://sifueagle.deviantart.com/art/Siryn-of-X-Men-151762216
... kinda creepy

not really sure if the boats were a reference to anything in the comics, but most likely a reference to Greek mythology, call of the Siren, luring boats and ships to they doom (just a play on her name)

The X2 kids were perfect ages in X2. They just looked weird and creepy in TLS lol

^their mutants, they were kinda suppose to look weird and creepy...

Jubilee looked less like a kid and more like a older teenager.

And she was serious during the class scene, so that didnt help either.

McKellen worked out great, ultimately. Partly because of the dynamic/chemistry he has with Patrick Stewart - both are solid British stage actors.

But if we were wanting someone more intense/embittered and more European (ie truer to the comics and cartoons), then Rutger Hauer would have been a more fitting choice (and certainly more believable as the older version of Fassbender).

Absolutely. When I first first heard there would be an Xmen film I thought Rutger would have got the Magneto role and bald headed the guy from the TV series Murder One as Xavier.

:huh: Wha? You thought they were going to hire this guy???

mv5bmtqzmzi5mty5mf5bml5.jpg

I find it odd how people compare Rebecca Romijn as Mystique to Jennifer Lawrences version of the character

for one thing jennifer lawrence is playing an earlier less confident version of the character who is given more depth and was written that way intentionally while rebecca romijn was often almost a silent assassin in the previous films, similar to emma frosts role in first class

so really its less about the actress and more about which version of the character you prefer

Storm, Cyclops and to a lesser extent Jean Grey might as well have been silent assassins themselves.

:huh: Wha? You thought they were going to hire this guy???

mv5bmtqzmzi5mty5mf5bml5.jpg

He's nothing like Xavier and is certainly far too brooding and uncharismatic to play Professor X. If any bald person would come to mind from a TV series, it would be Patrick Stewart. He was the perfect person to play Xavier, and Singer clearly thought so too.

He's nothing like Xavier and is certainly far too brooding and uncharismatic to play Professor X. If any bald person would come to mind from a TV series, it would be Patrick Stewart. He was the perfect person to play Xavier, and Singer clearly thought so too.

So how does Singer explain his choice for Sabretooth!?

So how does Singer explain his choice for Sabretooth!?

What's Sabretooth got to do with Xavier, Patrick Stewart or Daniel Benzali (from Murder One)? :huh:

Are you saying that Tyler Mane was so out of the box and left field casting that by comparion, Patrick Stewart was as well?

Sabretooth was mostly silent henchman for Magneto.Tyler Mane fit the feral Sabretooth
from Comics.

Patrick Stewert was everybody's choice to play Xavier.One of Bryan Singer's first decsions was to cast him as Xavier.lauren Shueller Donner talk to Stewert on set of COnspiracy Theory about playing Xavier.

Well, the casting worked out okay in the end. Most of the disappointments in the films have been down to characterisation, costuming and writing.

This movie release date is scaring me.. more movies are filing the summer. It cant open with Hobbit, and they wont move. We have now a new jurassic park the month before with transformers 4. We have Guardian Galaxy after and now Maleficent that will give a lot of money to Disney. May is filled. The movie needs 2 weeks to breathe. Only middle august, but it isn't a good month...

Yeah. It's called "summer time".

Good to see DOFP up so high on the front SHH poll for 2014 flicks.:up:

This movie release date is scaring me.. more movies are filing the summer. It cant open with Hobbit, and they wont move. We have now a new jurassic park the month before with transformers 4. We have Guardian Galaxy after and now Maleficent that will give a lot of money to Disney. May is filled. The movie needs 2 weeks to breathe. Only middle august, but it isn't a good month...
Im not sure if Fox should move.

Maybe Warner surprises us and move The hobbit date, since they have gotten a GREAT reception with this first part on Christmas time

Fox is clearly waiting, and I think its a smart decision

I say they hold. People wont wanna miss this one....

I think it's way too early to be worried about that

the hype is clearly huge guys

we are gonna get the biggest x-men movie to date, dont know how big it will be, but Im sure it will be bigger than some users on here think

It's that high because this is a superhero/comic book site. The only other REAL competition on that poll is ASM2. Sadly I don't think that's a good indicator of how this movie is perceived. It's how Wolverine will do and in how they eventually hype up DOFP in 2014 that'll determine how this film'll do.

^their mutants, they were kinda suppose to look weird and creepy...

Their mutants what? I don't get that sentence? :cwink:

It's called being an adolescent. And it was a joke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"