Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering all negative comments from frontpage It's still amazing Days of future past Is so high.As I said GotG may be film that needs to worry.Especilly If Fox blinks and push It back a week or two however I still think Warner brothers will reconsider releasing It during December.GotG Is much less known than X-men.As a longtime 616 marvel reader up to 2005 I myself barely heard of It.And the Fox-Disney war started by some of pro MS-Disney people doesn't make me to want to see It.Same thing as all the attacks on Superman returns doesn't make me want to see Man of steel.Of course the fact I hated the trailers so far help this feeling.

It's that high because this is a superhero/comic book site. The only other REAL competition on that poll is ASM2. Sadly I don't think that's a good indicator of how this movie is perceived. It's how Wolverine will do and in how they eventually hype up DOFP in 2014 that'll determine how this film'll do.

Thanks for pointing that out :dry:

Have you read the comments section when X men news gets posted? It aint pretty. All the films its going agaisnt are comic book related. Theres tons of competition. Even the X fans and especially comic fans bash the series and Fox.The Fact its higher then Spidey, GOTG and The Hobbit on a SHH poll is pretty cool imo.

Last edited:
I think because of X3 and XMOW, everyone assumes Fox are rubbish with X-Men. Everyone forgets the other amazing 3 films.

I think because of X3 and XMOW, everyone assumes Fox are rubbish with X-Men.

Their overall track record with comic films isnt too hot. Most despise the FF films and Elektra as well. The Wolverine and DOFP should change the tide if all goes well.

Their overall track record with comic films isnt too hot. Most despise the FF films and Elektra as well. The Wolverine and DOFP should change the tide if all goes well.
I'm speaking just X-Men.

Those films effect the fans trust with Fox on the X Men as well though. Most would say FC is the only good comic film to come from them post X2. Not a good track record for the past decade.

What's Sabretooth got to do with Xavier, Patrick Stewart or Daniel Benzali (from Murder One)? :huh:

Are you saying that Tyler Mane was so out of the box and left field casting that by comparion, Patrick Stewart was as well?

Down to a matter of opinion isn't it as opposed "Patrick is the only person in the world that could play Xavier therefore opinion isn't relevant". The argument put forward is that Singer made the perfect call for Stewart as Xavier - that's opinion not fact. Before Stewart was announced as Xavier I imagined Daniel Benzali as Xavier - opinion not fact.

So from this argument I assumed Singer must have made the perfect call for Tyler Mane as Sabretooth. But if it was his intention to reduce Sabretooth to dumb muscle then perhaps he made the right choice for his film. But then it probably explains why he didn't make it to Wolverine Xmen Origins.

Thanks for pointing that out :dry:

No need to for the rudeness. I'm simply pointing out we're on a comic book site and so a Spidey and an X-men film would be front-runners. And I've barely heard of GOTG before the announcement.

Its part of the Avengers franchise so it gets alot of hype as well. I dont think it really matters if people havnt read the comic or heard about it before. Spidey and GOTG are bout the same on that poll. And I assume most have not read GOTG as much as Spider-Man. I think some of the hype has died for the Hobbit and Spidey films since the last ones were released. Ive also seen quite a few non comic films score high in polls here. Prometheus for example was hyped pretty strong.

The fact that Singer is back, some of the original cast are returning and they are basing this off one of the best X Stories with Sentinels and epic goodness are hyping the flick up pretty solid. Overall theres alot to be stoked for this time around and I think that does have alot to do with how this flick will perform next year and have audiences interested. X Men beating Spidey by that much on a poll here did surprise me.
No need to for the rudeness.
Rudeness ceased. :woot:

Last edited:
This movie release date is scaring me.. more movies are filing the summer. It cant open with Hobbit, and they wont move. We have now a new jurassic park the month before with transformers 4. We have Guardian Galaxy after and now Maleficent that will give a lot of money to Disney. May is filled. The movie needs 2 weeks to breathe. Only middle august, but it isn't a good month...

They should move the release date while there are still weeks in July that are vacant. Don't let the other major studios fill the vacant spots of July before moving the release date.

Im not sure if Fox should move.

Maybe Warner surprises us and move The hobbit date, since they have gotten a GREAT reception with this first part on Christmas time.

Fox is clearly waiting, and I think its a smart decision

What if The Hobbit didn't move, it would be a very bad move for FOX to not move the release date and let the movie compete with the Hobbit during its opening weekend.

I'd say that if Fox properly markets this movie this time and doesn't skimp out, it'll do much better than people are fearing. I really think the past few X-movies suffered under badly photoshopped movie posters and questionable-looking special effects in trailers/TV commercials. For XM:FC, there was this general rushed feeling in regards to the marketing leading up to its release due to the really short production schedule.

the hype is clearly huge guys

we are gonna get the biggest x-men movie to date, dont know how big it will be, but Im sure it will be bigger than some users on here think

The film will probably be as big as X2 if not slightly bigger.

is that supposed to be a joke or were u serious?

oh, sorry, my very first reaction was that I thought you were being sarcastic, hehe, so that's why I asked, lol

X2 was on 2003, and this Days of future past is Fox very first Event movie (with Marvel comics) reuniting FC cast with part of the original cast, and the hype is there, with all the rumours and interviews of original actors being posted everywhere, so the potential of this sequel on the worldwide boxoffice feels bigger than X2 back in the day.

Fc made more than 200 millions internationally, so if the trailers of this movie are really epic and the movie ends being really great, we should be sure that at least internationally this could reach the 300 million mark. domestically is another story, it can easily reach 200m, it could reach even more, but we'll find that out next year.

one thing is for sure, Fox will promote this sequel like CRAZY next year, lol, specially having Hugh and other original x-men back, and with Jennifer Lawrence now on board too, with all the nominations and Oscar buzz she's getting, more Michael badass Fassbender.

This is an event movie, dont forget this guys. The marketing will be pretty fine :D

great, same person as X2 and FC. great move

yes, I saw his name there, but wasnt sure if we got his confirmation last year or not lol

It feels soo great too see the crew of X1 and X2 back to the franchise, and no name from X3. no joke.

I love the tone of X1 and X2 more than X3, so the bigger crew of X1-2 back the better

According to this http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/...future-past-will-finish-hunger-games-seq.html, Jen Lawrence doesn't know anything about DOFP (apparently there is an interview floating around from GG or just before where she didn't even know XMFC2 was going to be DOFP-- this interview is on MTV.com though so I can't see it and confirm). And Caleb Landry Jones still hasn't gotten the call for him to return as Banshee.

If filming is starting in 3 months they are cutting this bloody close. Not as close as FC but I thought the point of this was having LOTS of time to sort everything and not make it a rushed 11-month production like before?

It's that high because this is a superhero/comic book site. The only other REAL competition on that poll is ASM2. Sadly I don't think that's a good indicator of how this movie is perceived. It's how Wolverine will do and in how they eventually hype up DOFP in 2014 that'll determine how this film'll do.

Both that and sheer starpower. This next film will be in desperate need of mainstream starpower if it's going to compete with the other blockbusters. We need big names. Patrick, Hugh and Ian are great starts in the right direction. Now, if they can follow up with the mainstay names of the X-Men (i.e. classic characters like Cykes, Jean, Storm over less-cares like...well, most of the XFC characters) this movie will be a serious force to reckon with.

You shouldn't take these comments so truthfully.Jennifer Lawrence has been working on Catching fire.Go back to 2010 Hugh Jackman denyed appearing In First Class.The actors
are being told to say nothingFor Bryan Singer productions this Isn't usual.

Don't forget the first Class cast are all contractly bound for sequel.Simon Kinberg may
still be polishing up script for Bryan.

People are forgetting that besides Hugh most of cast of The Wolverine were only announced last July.Back In 2010 much of first Class cast wasn't announced till July/August

You shouldn't take these comments so truthfully.Jennifer Lawrence has been working on Catching fire.Go back to 2010 Hugh Jackman denyed appearing In First Class.The actors
are being told to say nothingFor Bryan Singer productions this Isn't usual.

Don't forget the first Class cast are all contractly bound for sequel.Simon Kinberg may
still be polishing up script for Bryan.

People are forgetting that besides Hugh most of cast of The Wolverine were only announced last July.Back In 2010 much of first Class cast wasn't announced till July/August

There is a big difference between a secret cameo and someone who will have a main role in the film though.

CLJ may be contracted for 3 films, but that doesn't mean he HAS to be in all of them. Which is what worries me. If he decides to line himself up for a different film that begins shooting in April, what then? Regardless of whether the script is still being worked on, they should know enough already whether or not Banshee is returning. And if he isn't, there needs to be a bloody fantastic reason why not. Same goes for Lucas Till.

Both that and sheer starpower. This next film will be in desperate need of mainstream starpower if it's going to compete with the other blockbusters. We need big names. Patrick, Hugh and Ian are great starts in the right direction. Now, if they can follow up with the mainstay names of the X-Men (i.e. classic characters like Cykes, Jean, Storm over less-cares like...well, most of the XFC characters) this movie will be a serious force to reckon with.

I think it already is. Just going by the cast they already have. Hugh and Jennifer Lawrence alone could sell this film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"