Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy Well-Known Member

The reason I can't stand them isn't because they are cheesy, it's because they were stolen. I can't stand "buzzwords," which is what they are. "Never again" is a slogan for chrissake. Same thing with "don't ask don't tell" and anything with pride in it, they have political connotations now. I understand that the x-men are supposed to have parallels with minority rights, but please, keep them as parellels. Don't take stuff that's already used. Using buzzwords is just cheap writing. It's my biggest complaint about FC, it is filled with half-baked, pseudo social parellels, and instead of actually exhibiting them, it just talks about them.

Singer used parallels to gay rights also. But he didn't do it in a cheap way, like saying mutant pride and don't ask don't tell, again political buzzwords. He depicted it by having a scene where Bobby "comes out" to his parents. That's what I would rather see in a movie.

2. SterlingDee

SterlingDee Well-Known Member

Hmmm it's pretty standard for the studio to control release of information. The studio has a specific marketing/pr plan and the release of casting info ties into that so it should be Fox that decides when info is released (it's their product after all).

There's no reason an actor should take it upon himself to decide when casting announcements should be made and generally only bigger stars make these gaffes because they know they won't be replaced. You'll almost never see a mid level star or no namer make that kind of mistake because they're nervous about breaking their non-disclosure agreements.

3. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

Indeed, but Patrick Stewart's response to questions was a bit OTT, especially when Bryan Singer had already said on Twitter he was on board and Patrick himself had blurted all that stuff out at a convention previously.

Patrick could have said in this latest interview: "I can't really comment, except to say Twentieth Century Fox and Bryan Singer have been in touch, so we'll have to see." Instead he went rambling on about not knowing anything, it was like going too far in the other direction.

4. HowardStark

HowardStark Well-Known Member

Do we know if they are Keeping Jones as Emma Frost or are they going to recast her. She was my only casting compliant.

5. X-Maniac

No. We don't know.

Singer only mentioned: Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult.

Then it emerged that Hugh Jackman was in talks.

That's it. So far. No other actors confirmed as being on board, or in talks or negotiations, or any other permutation of any form of involvement.

6. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

I highly doubt Singer recast anyone from FC. and either from original trilogy.

Emma, Moira and co. werent cameos, so would be really shocking to see Bryan recasting any of those roles.

Any franchise needs continuity at least on the actors, so lets leave that negative idea out of this franchise from now please :)

7. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

from HR

8. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

I liked that part.

I hope now of a sudden Logan doesnt become the time traveler. please no, Bryan.

This is not another Wolverine and his friends movie.

fingers crossed for a x-girl travelling back.

9. GREEN =w= DAY

GREEN =w= DAY Well-Known Member

hopefully this means a more white haired & battered Logan taking on Sentinels :word:

10. Mrs Vimes

Mrs Vimes Well-Known Member

But wouldn't it actually take a looooong time for Wolverine to go white haired? :)

11. X-Maniac

Yes it would. Since he is over 100 now but seems to have 'stuck' at about the age of 40, it might be a while before he is grey/white haired. He could look just a little older/rougher in the future setting though.

12. Hush

Hush Wee Little Puppet Man

Stress can cause white hair as well. A dystopian future seems stressful to me. Just sayin.

13. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I hope they keep her!

14. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

That's really the frustrating thing about this film right now. We were getting really positive news, the revelation of the adaptation of a beloved storyline from the comics, "No leather uniforms" reveal, the return of the now-high profile cast of FC, and the announcement of the return of the two master thesps of what arguably made the trilogy great. Heck even the replacement of Vaughn with Singer was met with much praise (I'm all for it, I just didn't think most other ppl did too. Certainly not fanbiys from a certain site we're not allowed to mention)

Now with Stewart playing coy about his involvement, we're seeing the good publicity the film was getting into a negative one. I hope they fix this ASAP!

15. Genosha

Genosha Mutant Island

I remember when First Class started production there were interviews with Bryan early on. And I'm pretty sure he mentioned how casting was going and what the audition process was like. He seemed very hands on with casting.
    So I'm not totally positive that Bryan wasn't involved with who ended up in the roles.

16. blueserenity

blueserenity Well-Known Member

Like I said, it's possible Bryan was in charge of everyone else. But McAvoy and Fassbender were strictly Vaughn. He picked McAvoy first and then auditioned a bunch of Magnetos with him. In an interview I read, the second after he saw the screentest with Fassbender, he ran to one of the co-script writers, played the tape, and said, "JUST LOOK AT THEM".

The other actors beyond Charles' and Erik's aren't really standout, but I do know Vaughn was behind Flemming as Azazel. The actor is is "lucky charm". I'd be curious to know who picked Lawrence.

17. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

mckellan says bryan may use 48p and 3d with dofp due to how much he loved the hobbit just speculation atm

18. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

really???? thats sounds promising. Hope its true

now, let me watch the video :woot:

19. Nathan

Nathan ...

Yeah, sounds promising. Except for the 3D part.

20. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

I don't mind the 3D

Sidenote:I love Ian McKellan! He is seroiusly one of my favorite actors.

21. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

Id love this movie to be the first 3D x-men sequel.

We need that extra money to get the biggest x-men movie to date. So Fox will put even more money on future sequels and maybe continue with both casts on two separate series.

oh, and we need an Interviews Official Thread.

Anyone wants to create it? :D

22. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Meh, I undesrtand the financial side of things but I def wont be seeing this flick in 3D.

23. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

I wouldn't waste my money on 3D.

24. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

Ill watch it in 2D.

and if the critics praise the 3D, I'd watch it a second time on 3D.

I really hope Fox releases this movie on IMAX and 3D. They should make this the biggest x-men movie ever.

This franchise deserves it. Specially for future sequels.

25. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

The only film since the 3-d crazy started I have seen In 3-d was the Avengers.This year I opotied for 2-d for Underworld awakening and the Amazing Spider-Man.I won't be shocked
    If Bryan opts for 3-d for DOFP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.