Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats your real point?

I dont get it from your comment.

can Bryan writers start X4 script this year or not?

Of course they can, I didn't say they can't but usually FOX waits for their movies to be released first before starting on another one. So this is a bit too early unless they plan to release another X-Men movie in 2015.

The Wolverine proyect started a long time ago, for example.

And lets take into account something, we are on a whole different Fox era right now, with Singer on board and Mark Millar too.

Do you really think Fox, Millar, Lauren S-Donner and Singer havent discussed about the future of the franchise yet?

be sure they have, and things COULD be moving faster that we may think

Let's concrete on the epic that Is Days of future past.Since we don't know the full cast
or how It ends yet.

Of course they can, I didn't say they can't but usually FOX waits for their movies to be released first before starting on another one. So this is a bit too early unless they plan to release another X-Men movie in 2015.

Their 2015 feature is Fantastic Four. I doubt we'll see an X-Men movie that year.

The Wolverine proyect started a long time ago, for example.

And lets take into account something, we are on a whole different Fox era right now, with Singer on board and Mark Millar too.

Do you really think Fox, Millar, Lauren S-Donner and Singer havent discussed about the future of the franchise yet?

be sure they have, and things COULD be moving faster that we may think

The script for
-The Wolverine started after Origins was released.
-The First Class started after Origins was released.
-The Days of Future Past started First Class was released.

That is not the case with X4 if they already started doing the script right now. Plus they haven't filmed a single scene for DOFP yet and its not yet clear how The Wolverine/DOFP will perform at the box-office.

So is it too early to start a script right now but I also didn't say it is a bad thing, I already said I'm not complaining if they are already working on X4.

The script for
-The Wolverine started after Origins was released.
-The First Class started after Origins was released.
-The Days of Future Past started First Class was released.

And yet the script for DOFP was started almost a year before The Wolverine is released. And further, DOFP will start shooting before The Wolverine is released.

"In March 2011, Shuler Donner revealed that the film was in "active development at Fox," saying, "We took the treatment to Fox and they love it... And X4 leads into X5""
X-men (film series) Wikipedia

Now I'm almost certain that Fox has revised the possibility of X4 or X5... I think Days of Future Past is that revision. However, just because they haven't given a green light to something doesn't mean that their aren't scripts already written for X4... Studios have many scripts laying around written by various people... doesn't mean they will use them, and if they do use them they will have someone take it and rewrite it. There is no reason to think that X4 isn't in active development. But yes, they will wait to see how The Wolverine and DOFP work out before they continue.

And yet the script for DOFP was started almost a year before The Wolverine is released. And further, DOFP will start shooting before The Wolverine is released.

Well there is only 1 year gap between The Wolverine and DOFP so its not a shocker to me that they making them almost at the same time.

I think Singer was being funny because he tweets everything, and nothing is a secret he is talking about days of future past/ hey are helping with the script.

I think Singer was being funny because he tweets everything, and nothing is a secret he is talking about days of future past/ hey are helping with the script.

You're probably right, but I hope/wish it's X4.

I think if we do get X4, it will be Age Of Apocalypse.

I'll say it again, this is the closest we'll get to an X4. I can't see the studio greenlighting an X-Men film without Fassbender, McAvoy & Lawrence. The majority of this film takes place in '73 meaning the protagonists are Fassbender, McAvoy & Lawrence. The reason we're getting all the players from the original trilogy back is that the film is based on Days of Future Past. You need them there to tell this particular story. I don't see the studio financing an X-Men movie starring Anna Paquin, Ellen Page & Shawn Ashmore. Even if Jackman was in the picture I just don't see them doing that.

I think after Days of Future Past we'll get another X-Men movie three years down the line that continues the story that ended in '73. I doubt we'll see the cast of the original trilogy in that film but rather young versions of Cyclops, Jean Grey & Storm and I think like this film it will jump forward a decade & be set in the 80s.

I hope the X-Men film after DoFP is based on the "Have Yourself a Morlock Christmas" animated series episode.

Everything after this point will be a follow up to The Wolverine, FC and DOFP. Besides these films there will never be a follow up to X3. The next X Men movie after DOFP whether its AOA or just another X Men will be different and somewhat of a fresh start/reboot with returning actors. Personally I hope the next X Men movie after DOFP gives us a mostly new roster we havnt seen with some returning. We have had that main roster for over 11 years. They need a different roster by the time the next one hits, And a team lead by Scott. Whatever it is it needs to be fresh and not a rehash.

Last edited:
How would you guys like if Xavier gave the opening monologue, but it's a summary of how the Sentinels took over?

There is a monologue, it tells what happened and what the world is like now. I particularly like the classifications. H for humans, A for humans that carry the mutant gene (forbidden to breed) and M for mutants. This goes on while it shows Kitty doing stuff around the streets

Sucks that we're still a year and a half away.

Just read something that said DOFP will be shot in 3D HFR like Hobbit. I just hope if the HFR part is true that they still realease a normal 24fps version. Hobbit 48fps was unwatchable, it looked so incredibly cheap. People weren't thrilled by this new technology, I'm not sure why some directors are insisting its the future. Folks have a hard enough time looking forward to 3D movie. This new 48fps isn't doing anyone any favors.

Not a fan of HFR either. But you should have the option of watching 24fps non 3D, 24fps 3D and 48fps 3D regardless.

I like trailers and I can't wait for X-men DOFP Trailer I remember X-men 3 trailer, it was the best trailer of the series. It gave me goosebumps. I used to watch it over and over.

I want the new X-men movie trailer to surpass it.

It still rocks though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ZMvxzplwc

user_online.gif

I dug the X3 trailer. Always dug the roll call ones the best though. Liked how they named off characters, got me stoked.

Look at it this way If they clear up everything that happened in X3 in DOFP than X-men 3 looks alot better in the Box set, and in the overall story of the franchise.

because if people don't know that much about X-men they can get a Box set with X3 and First class to get them ready for DOFP, or after they watch DOFP, they go back and watch the last two movies.

Sort of like the Star Wars episodes. So it a win-win for X-men films.

user_online.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back