Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing about X3 that wasn't good was how the X-Men just rush into battle. In Singer's films the X-Men always plan everything. (X1: war room, X2: X-Jet, alkali lake control room) they think about what they're going to do and who does what. In X3 they all rush into uniforms, not bothering to make a plan of action.

Probably because everything in the movie was happening so fast, they had to keep up with the pace of the movie.

I hope some of the Singer traditions will be back like:

Xavier opening narration, and Cerebro door opening

Any others people would like to see return?

An ending narration just like in X2.

I think it was a bad idea to drop that fight scene. I'm sure other adjustments could have been made to accommodate it.

I'm expecting a similar fight scene to appear in DoFP instead, so let's hope they don't let us down this time.

Emma Frost needs to come back then, if they are going to do a psychic battle. She's the only psychic of the Brotherhood unless they introduced a new one.

Last edited:
What is one person's perception and personal tastes to you? What matter is it that some people find lines of dialogue or delivery to be detrimental to a scene or film? It's the same as someone finding it endearing or appropriate.

Honestly? Nothing, when their perception is so skewed that they have to use absurd, biased hyperbole to decry even solid parts of a film that they don't like. I discuss what people give me to discuss. If what they give me is ridiculous statements about the quality of a film, that's what I will discuss.

Oh come on. I enjoyed X3 and, at the time, found it exciting and dramatic but it did have some very weak moments.

It had a few very weak moments. I said very clearly, it has legitimate flaws. But the point is, anytime that anyone says ANYTHING about X3 on here, someone inevitably pipes up with some hyperbolic statement akin to "Yeah, that part of X3 was crap too". It doesn't matter what portion of the film, what actor, what part of the production, etc. It's absurd.

Why do you think they went to the trouble of getting Bryan Singer back
on board the franchise?

I would imagine for several reasons: Because FIRST CLASS didn't clean up quite the way they wanted it to, which is probably part of the reason we're getting DAYS OF FUTURE PAST in the first place. Because Matthew Vaughn left the project to take a shot at directing STAR WARS, and to work on Mark Milliar's other project. And because this whole franchise (including the WOLVERINE films) is based off of/stems from the two films Singer created, and he's quite familiar with it and the characters and actors in it, in terms of both the original X-Men franchise and FIRST CLASS, which he helped develop. In that regard, it was a no brainer, and plenty of fans speculated that this would be what would happen after Vaughn left.

Everytime Callisto said her Class 5 or Class 10 mutant thing I just wanted to punch her in the face :(

Or Ian McKellan`s speech to the other mutants in the cathedral.

I pass by that church all the time. It's the same church they used for Nightcrawler in X2 :)

If you're referring to the scene before they board the jet, it was originally much longer & had a great speech by Hank reciting Shakespeare.

For all the faults that Ratner had in X3, the one thing he did right was not using that Shakespeare seen for the theatrical release! Oy! :doh:

And I liked that they didn't show the kissing scene of Bobby and Kitty.

X3's passable sure but for reducing complex characters to soap opera fodder and forcing arbitrary deaths to make it seem 'final' it gets a big black mark against it.

X3's passable sure but for reducing complex characters to soap opera fodder and forcing arbitrary deaths to make it seem 'final' it gets a big black mark against it.

I actually just finished watching X3. Hadn't popped it in the Blu-ray player for awhile.

Still enjoy it. Yes there are a few moments of weak dialogue.

Wolverine: "I know how you feel. When Jean died..."

Cyclops: "I said don't don't."

Overall, I still enjoy the movie...more so than X1, but not as much as X2.

IMHO, a worthy entry into the franchise.

Brian just tweeted a pic with Dan Harris and Mike Dougherty aka his X2 writers. This was pretty much my dream team for the writing team for DOFP. I hope that's their little secret thing! :wow::wow::wow::wow:

BryanSinger @BryanSinger
Back in LA. #DanHarris & @Mike_Dougherty over for a little secret thing we are working on. pic.twitter.com/xUDn1Kxy

BCFaNvoCIAAE0K3_zpsd8a537a8.jpg

Dan Harris is a cutie :)

I'm different in that I could NOT care less about the character and most of the DC characters, actually.

(I can't wait til this new Superman film will get the same treatment from fans as SR. Afterall it's a Zack Snyder directed film. Sure the fans are backing the film now and it's winning in polls on various sites but that backlash always follows.)

Oh, that was... unexpected, actually. I thought he parted ways with those two after the SR debacle.

EDIT: Wait, so they've written nothing but two crappy little things in the last seven years? Why bring them back in...

Last edited:
Brian just tweeted a pic with Dan Harris and Mike Dougherty aka his X2 writers. This was pretty much my dream team for the writing team for DOFP. I hope that's their little secret thing! :wow::wow::wow::wow:

Hmmm. Interesting.

Oh, that was... unexpected, actually. I thought he parted ways with those two after the SR debacle.

I did, too.

Another 2hrs of characters moping around. I wonder which one will stand there and have nothing to say throughtout the film?

So they worked on Superman Returns...but are people forgetting that these two ALSO worked on X2? Arguably the highlight of the franchise so far?

Would people prefer we go back to X3 type story telling?

So they worked on Superman Returns...but are people forgetting that these two ALSO worked on X2? Arguably the highlight of the franchise so far?

Would people prefer we go back to X3 type story telling?

Based on their previous work, I'm more inclined to think David Hayter had more to do with it then they did.

what if this secret thing is X-men 4?????

:wow:

maybe Lauren and Singer want to have a script soon to send it to Fox so they could give it the greenlight right after Days of future past release

Superman Returns is not a bad movie. It's just not the kind of superman movie that general public expected.

It was not a bad movie, it was just an utterly forgettable one.

I thought X-men 3 was the best in the series, only thig that killed it was Killing the leaders of the X-men Xavier Cyclops and Jean.

The Leaders of the X-men!!!! That killed it, other than that it is one of the best mavel movies ever made.

I like the story of the cure and the acting and action. But Brett Ratner screwed it over.

I think X-men DOFP is going to top it and all the others.

what if this secret thing is X-men 4?????

:wow:

maybe Lauren and Singer want to have a script soon to send it to Fox so they could give it the greenlight right after Days of future past release

Wow, that never once occurred to me. But it does make sense, considering they're trying to build an MCU-style X-Men Universe...

I certainly hope the 'secret thing' is an X4. That would be amazing to see.

Wow, that never once occurred to me. But it does make sense, considering they're trying to build an MCU-style X-Men Universe...

I really have the feeling it could be the case.

Lauren and Singer will want a script for Fox, right? so this is a strong chance

Guys, send Bryan a tweet mentioning X-men 4, we should show him we want it

Last edited:
Interesting. Either they are doing some rewrites on DoFP or they are beginning to work on an X4.

No one can deny that X2 has the best writing, best character moments, best acting, best action scenes and most balanced use of screentime (even though it's not perfect, with Cyclops missing for most of the movie and then blubbing like an idiot on the X-jet!). Overall, though, it's easily the most consistent and well thought-out of the series.

I think the "secret thing" is simply a re-working on DOFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"