Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

The only mention of X4 was Schuller-Donner talking big about it after X3... But that literally means nothing. There's been more talk about a Deadpool movie and we haven't seen anything about that at all.

2. night0205

night0205 Well-Known Member

Actually Donner talked about it in 2011... I little bit after X3. 5 years actually.

3. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

She also mentioned it in 2006, and talked about characters like Iceman and Kitty taking the spotlight.

4. BMM

BMM Well-Known Member

There has always been chatter about possibilities and movies in development, but I don't believe Fox ever "clearly stated" they were going to do a couple of spin-offs and then X-Men 4, as though the past 7 years have all just been part of the plan. The past 7 years have been Fox chasing whatever works, and we still have no idea what is going on with X-Men 4.

5. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

Yeah, BHM is right. Producers talking is one thing but nothing was ever official. Producers talk A LOT of crap, especially when Fox is concerned. How many projects have we heard from them in the last 8 years that never eventuated? How many things are they STILL talking about that haven't eventuated? F4? Daredevil? Deadpool?

6. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

:doh:

7. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

8. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

Fox doesn't even have Daredevil anymore...

9. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

Exactly, because they never got around to actually MAKING the movie, despite producers saying it was on the cards.

10. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

Yeah they need to really get it together. lol

11. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

when one of the main producers of this franchise says after FC release that there is a X4 treatment sent to Fox, and more than likely written by Bryan Singer..... well, something is clearly going on, and its not the same scenario as back in 2006.

XOWolverine didnt perform as big as the studio would have liked, so thats why the other spin-offs havent gotten the greenlight yet, and taking into account that Green lantern wasnt a hit, the Deadpool spinoff lost importance on the studio, as we have seen all these years.

And at the same time, Deadpool doesnt have the same potential wordlwide as a possible X4, thats why the studio could be having serious discussions about it, making it a priority over Deadpool or another spin-off.

This Bryan Singer return to the franchise isnt just because of Matthew departure. Some stuff must be going on in Fox offices since last year

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  12. ThePowerCosmic

Ummm... Fantastic Four has a director and is slated for a 2015 release.

That's if you're talking about Fantastic Four, since I'm used to be being called FF and not F4.

13. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

They might not even confirmed doing X-Men 4 during that time but there was no reason that FOX wasn't confident with making a X-Men 4 movie that they didn't greenlight it. FOX was confident with the franchise that they were willing to do a couple spin-offs instead of making a direct sequel to Last Stand right away.

14. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

No need to get sassy. I was simply expressing my dismay over the fact that we haven't got a Deadpool film.

15. ThePowerCosmic

Lol, sassy. That's such a funny word. Perfect visual representation right here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

when was it mentioned that singer wrote it?

singer was onboard first class as director which he had a hand in writing and then become producer and then vaughn had a hand in writing DOFP then it wasn't that long ago that vaughn left handing over the directing job to singer...so when did singer take it apon himself to write Xmen 4?

i don't see why singer would do that while the prequels were still on the cards

17. GuestStar2004

personally i think FOX will wait till after this film to make a decision about its future

18. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

DOFP could have been the X4 they were talking about awhile back.

19. psylockolussus

DOFP was their concept for X4 since it seems like Lauren Shuler Donner really wanted it to adapt in the movie. When she was asked about X4, she brought up DOFP. I could be wrong though.

20. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

Ive been thinking about this lately....

since Lauren and Singer wanted DOFP since a long time ago, at one point they had to realize that they needed a different cast for the scenes in the past (or an older cast for the scenes in the future, in case they wanted original actors as present timeline)

But... since Fox wanted a young x-men spinoff...... what if Bryan and Lauren agreed to do FC as the preparation for DOFP, and that X4 treatment is the very next step after this sequel?

what if this was the plan since day one? at least by Lauren and Singer

21. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

My guess is this.

FC was already in the making by the time X4 rumors were going around. X4 was originally intended to be DOFP,possibly without FC in mind. During FC, Brian found away of using FC with DOFP.

I still dont get why people insist on calling a non X3 follow up X4. That time is done.

22. psylockolussus

Well that sounds really smart and creative. They just didn't create the First Class movie to show things that happened in the past but to also eventually connect it to the original cast.

Its not yet done until its over. There are a lot of movie franchises out there that it took them a long time to do the fourth movie.

23. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

to me Singer came back to Fox with the FC script because he wanted to have at least one final movie with his cast, since he didnt had the chance back in 2006, but since Fox wanted other thing around 2009, he came with the idea of the prequel set in the 60's, to develop some of the characters he worked with and to connect it later to DOFP and finally do X4 right after.

Seems like a long/risky plan, I know, and probably some fans wont think this way, but if this is really the case, yeah, its a smart plan.

FC expanded the x-men universe, and now Fox has the chance to keep expanding it with any of the two casts or both.

24. GuestStar2004

during the time First class was released singer felt they could do sequels in the 70s and 80s and vaughn said something about keeping it in the 60s during JFK assassination, so id say no plans had been made at that time

and DOFP could have been done without the prequel, they could just have said it 20 years after the last stand with older versions of rogue,iceman wolverine ect ect in a dark future and kitty has to go back in time fix it

25. Marv

Marv Well-Known Member

It doesn't make sense to make a direct sequel to X3 now. Specially when the events of Days of Future Past will change the events that transpired in the original trilogy. This movie represents the closest we'll get to an "X4" in that it reunites the cast of X3 in a supporting nature.

It's not even a question of "why?" would the studio want to make a sequel to X3 but rather "How?" could they do it now that the timeline where X3 existed has been altered by the events of Days of Future Past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.