Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
storm needed an actress like angela basset who just comes across as far more intimating and strong especially her voice

but something that works in halle's defense is she hasn't really aged much since x1
1021-red-carpet-halle-berry1_328x500.jpg

It all comes to writing, if the writers of X1 and X2 made Storm as intimidating, strict and a fierce leader, Halle Berry would have portrayed that. Some of you are acting like Halle Berry can't portray the Storm that we saw from the comics and the cartoons. In X3, Halle Berry was almost close to the Storm that we saw from the comics, but since she looked like a different Storm from the Storm that we saw in X1 and X2, Storm just looked forced and over dramatic in X3.

Last edited:
well he was damn near 40 when he originally played night crawler hardly youthful per say

It all comes to writing, if the writers of X1 and X2 made Storm as intimidating, strict and a fierce leader, Halle Berry would have portrayed that. Some of you are acting like Halle Berry can't portray the Storm that we saw from the comics and the cartoons. In X3, Halle Berry was almost close to the Storm that we saw from the comics, but since she looked like a different Storm from the Storm that we saw in X1 and X2, Storm just looked forced and over dramatic in X3.

I agree. Halle truly got into Storm's furious mode for X3. I think she actually enjoyed it more:

girls-of-the-rush-halle-berry-546-image_gallery_1867_halle-berry-storm_480x480.jpg

x4.jpg

Fans forget so quickly and don't give the credit where a little is due. I guess that's why for Storm, X3 is my favorite film because it's the only one where Halle finally got in the range.

And I don't care if she's 40-plus. She still looks DAMN good.

halle_berry_03.jpeg

Smuggity? I like the way that sounds for some reason. Lmao

It's copywritten. Lightning Strykez 2013. All Rights Reserved Biaaaaches. :funny:

And by the way, all these folks stating that Storm should sport a mohawk for DoFP...Halle would look ridiculous with that s***. LOL Just bring her back looking like this. This was the last time Halle actually looked like the character "for real".

x1hairnobangs_scncp001654.jpg

Last edited:
And I don't care if she's 40-plus. She still looks DAMN good.
halle_berry_03.jpeg

Cant argue with those haha. For a Woman who will be 50 in 4 years doesnt get much better then that. Famke will be 50 in in 2 years as well. Still damn fine looking women.

Last edited:
X3 had too much Storm for my taste. I think rumors back then mentioned Berry demanded much more screentime in exchange for reprising her role.

I think Halle Berry could pull off a mohawk hairstyle but I think it would just be distracting for the casual viewers (who have no idea that it was also Storm's hairstyle in the comics) to see her in a X-Men movie sporting a mohawk. Plus what would be the purpose of Storm sporting a mohawk? just to make a nod in the comics or was she sent into mutant prison and she shaved her hair or Storm just wants to show her edgy style in fashion. I hope they give her a long wavey hair if she's in the movie.

For everyone who is still hung up on the supposed feud between Bryan and Halle...

I really think it all came from just ONE FIGHT on the set of X2 (that actually involved the whole cast) plus Halle JOKING in an interview that she slammed her Oscar on Bryan's desk demanding Storm's role to be better. In the end, Halle probably wasn't so happy with the role she ended up with, and why should she have?

Anyways, I really think there isn't any beef between the two and so let's just remember the good days on the set of X1 where Bryan led in congratulatory song and cake for Halle's Golden Globe win for Dorothy Dandridge. Please note that this remains the only concrete evidence of what their working relationship was like.

HzjftpO.jpg

Last edited:
i agree storms role felt forced at the expense of others in X3 and i didn't really care for her character because of that

It's copywritten. Lightning Strykez 2013. All Rights Reserved Biaaaaches. :funny:

And by the way, all these folks stating that Storm should sport a mohawk for DoFP...Halle would look ridiculous with that s***. LOL Just bring her back looking like this. This was the last time Halle actually looked like the character "for real".

Love the pic. So much better without the fringe/bangs!

And I don't think a mohawk would work either. If she had lost her powers and went on a journey of self-discovery (as in the comics), then maybe. But we won't be seeing any of that, so her suddenly appearing with a punk 'do would be random as hell.

that manip looks really fine

but I love wild hair Storm the most. Thats the Storm that everyone loved from the 90's show or the comics.

I think a X2 style wig but longer would be perfect for the role. And put Halle on some decent boots, and there you have it.

Her look should be commanding, not like another normal mutant of the team.

What were they even thinking with Storm's hair in X1? It was pretty much Courteney Cox in Scream 3 levels of bad.

Yep I'd love to see her like that.
That's my avatar pic. She's look real pretty!

For everyone who is still hung up on the supposed feud between Bryan and Halle...

I really think it all came from just ONE FIGHT on the set of X2 (that actually involved the whole cast) plus Halle JOKING in an interview that she slammed her Oscar on Bryan's desk demanding Storm's role to be better. In the end, Halle probably wasn't so happy with the role she ended up with, and why should she have?

Anyways, I really think there isn't any beef between the two and so let's just remember the good days on the set of X1 where Bryan led in congratulatory song and cake for Halle's Golden Globe win for Dorothy Dandridge. Please note that this remains the only concrete evidence of what their working relationship was like.

HzjftpO.jpg

It's picture like this why I never believed the bitter Bryan/Halle feud in the first place.

Halle has stated loads of times that one of her work ethics is to be polite to everyone on set. I believe that, I mean everyone that works with her seems to love her, I don't think I've ever heard of an incident like this alleged one before or since X2 so I find it very hard to believe.

There really are a lot of Halle/Storm posts flooding all the other threads. (testament to her popularity, hope you're seeing this Singer!!!)

Someone should create a Halle/Storm thread.

I was gonna say the same, lol

if the issue is creating all this talk, it should have its own thread. The other topics should be about the other stuff, so Id say go for it Nana.

The board should have any topic the fans feel, so, why not?

That battle would be epic

Nightcrawler vs Azazel would be a bit too evenly matched, I can't see it would involve more than a lot of teleporting all over the place as neither of them has any special advantage over the other.

What were they even thinking with Storm's hair in X1? It was pretty much Courteney Cox in Scream 3 levels of bad.

Her hair in X1 looked like a wig. I prefer her hair in X2. I hope all of the ladies who are gonna appear in DOFP gets a new hairstyle.

Storm/Rogue - wavey long hair kinda like in the 90s era/cartoons.
Mystique - long hair, I think Jennifer Lawrence would look better in blue form if she has long hair
Emma Frost - A fringe? Maybe that would help look more cold and intimidating
Shadowcat - I want her to tie her hair (not a bun)

Nightcrawler vs Azazel would be a bit too evenly matched, I can't see it would involve more than a lot of teleporting all over the place as neither of them has any special advantage over the other.

While that makes 100% sense, Hollywood could make it a memorable fight if it has the same mood as X2 beginning scene.

Better fights could be done instead I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"